Board index » SDC Worlds » Nightbane®

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: 3 round burst damage?
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:29 pm

Explorer

I was looking through my various Palladium books and am confused by how much damage a 3 round burst does. In Nightbane Book 1 for the MR-30 M-P Infantry Weapon it says that the rifle does 3d6 S.D.C. for a single shot or 1d6x10 S.D.C. for a 3 round burst and for full auto follows standard Palladium game rules. The damage being 1d6 more than possible aside, why in other books are 3 round bursts handled differently? In Chaos Earth for the NEMA Automag pistol a single shot does 5d6 with a 3 round burst doing only 1d6x10 due to the fact that 1 round generally only grazes ot totally misses the target ( Interestingly enough, the people at Heckler & Koch did a study in the early '90s that support this and designed a 2 round burst limiter for use in CQB hostage situations.). Anyone have a theory or suggestions on how this should be handled? I am asking because I have characters who want to use M16/M4 variants that have only 3 round burst capability.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:24 am

D-Bee

Honestly, I've been using the range combat rules from rifter #11 for quite some time. It works really well if you disregard the hth-to-rc conversion and just assign based on o.c.c. and background. It really makes gunplay enjoyable and fixes those irritating burst questions. also, I've changed the short, medium, and long bursts to be 3,5,10 shots respectively.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:09 pm

Knight

Comment: I like magic.
Palladium's burst rules have never been too good. The best thing I'd do is apply a % of total ammo fired vs a % of ammo hitting depending on how fast it's being shot... something like that...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.