What's in a name?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Do you prefer:

Nightspawn
58%
Nightbane
42%

Total votes: 26

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

What's in a name?

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Who still uses Nightspawn. I mean after all how can TM (wow what a coincidence his initials make that...) claim that Nightspawn is too close to hell spawn? I don't even know how he can claim the word spawn as a trademark. That's like claiming the word sex, create or birth as a trademark. Hey there's an idea for someone claim birth as a trademark so no one can use it without paying you. Every year there's how many BIRTH certificates printed? Yea I realize that, that is out there but I'm just ranting at the general stupidity of the world and the hyper-litigiousness of America, especially American businessmen. Oh well I'm done.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Personally, it wouldn't have bothered me one way or the other. However, ny beef with Todd is the sheer pettiness of the suit. But its over and done and he's got his own legal issues to deal with right now.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Prefer Nightspawn myself, but I've long since gotten used to just calling it Nightbane.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

I think 'Spawn makes more since, but 'Bane sounds cooler...
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Never gave preference to either one myself. My book repeatedly uses both, and I never knew there was any significance to that until I started visiting this forum.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:Never gave preference to either one myself. My book repeatedly uses both, and I never knew there was any significance to that until I started visiting this forum.

That's weird I wonder if it's classic Palladium editing or something else. What does your book have printed on the cover?

I've always wondered if Palladium created extra fluff to explain why in storyline they went from Nightspawn to Nightbane.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

In my game you are a Nightspawn until fifth level then you are a Nightbane. The elder Nightbane can tell the differance between the two because of a couple of things... One reputation and two experience.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I thought the idea of sueing over the name was silly since 'Nightspawn" isn't 'Spawn'.
That said, Nightbane sounded a little better, and was a little more memorable for me.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha

Return to “Nightbane®”