What if Dark Day Happed at a Different time?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

How do you see Nightbane,earth if Dark Day happed in 1900 or 1800?

Who will have the Advantage with tech-level being low?
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

O.K the Nightlords are too powerful in the past but what about the Future?
Some thing Prevents dark day in 2000, so the nightlords wait 50 more years appering in 2050 what will be differen?
It,s a Mix of Robotech/nightbane.
How do you see it?
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Actually there is a way to give humankind a sporting chance in a setting where the Nightlords invade at the turn of the 19th or 20th century rather than the start of the 21st. There's every chance that if the Nightlords were ready to invade back then they'd be more confident of their chances of taking humankind down directly (since there was like, three or four billion less people on the planet back then, and state of the art firepower was a lot less impressive than it is today) so the Nightlords might very well have thrown caution to the wind and openly invaded large parts of the world, saving stealth and infiltration just for the tough nuts to crack like Great Britain and other superpowers of the day.

In a scenario like that, mankind would have a bit more of a sporting chance since a lot of key moments in the fate of the world would be determined on the field of battle, presumably with well-equipped expeditionary forces laying the smackdown on the forces of darkness in various unexplored corners of the world that the Ba'al have chosen as their beachheads. Plus in the meanwhile you'll get the more traditional style of sneaky infiltration, with servants of the Nightlords trying to secretly take the reins of power in London, Paris, Moscow, and other suchlike important locations.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Yeah the smileys really added so much to that one dude.
gaby
Knight

What if Dark Day happed at a Different Time?

Unread post by gaby »

What do you wood happed if Dark Day Happed In 1943/World war2?

I think the Night lords will use the Nazi as a Cover!
David Esmale Hill

Unread post by David Esmale Hill »

If Dark Day happened before the end of World War II, then I think the Nightlords would be in for a bit of pain. My reasoning goes something like this:

Pretty much the entire reason that the Nightlords are acting covertly and trying to kill off the human race by degrees is because of something they learned at the end of World War II. When the US dropped the first atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the corresponding Nightlands cities and ALL of their inhabitants (including Nightlords) were completely obliterated. So, what we have to ask ourselves is this: how would the Nightlords behave prior to the point in history where they could have learned this lesson?

Lets say that Moloch takes over the US and Mokker takes over Nazi Germany, which isn't too far from the normal continuity anyways. Almost overnight, the Nazi Part becomes 100 times more brutal than it was before. Meanwhile, the number of enemy targets selected to receive a special atomic 'package' by the US Military goes from 2 to several dozen.

So in my mind, if Dark Day happened before the end of World War II, the Nightlords would initially be much more aggressive and try to wipe out humanity in one fell swoop. Only too late would they realize that doing so also severely weakens their own resources by completely destroying their own cities.

I would also like to think that the general public would realize that something was up (why did the government suddenly get so bloodthirsty?) and the Nightlords cover would be blown or severely compromised. That combined with having lost a number of cities and Nightlords, and the sudden spike in the number of Nightbane running around...I think the Nightlords would be in for it. (Although to be honest, humanity wouldn't be in the greatest shape either...)
Rayven
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rayven »

I would love to play a Dark Ages Nightspawn game. I feel the medieval times are a great setting for RPG's (though I don't know who would write it...Jason Vey maybe?)
My Sig Box wrote:Welcome to my pants.~JM_Zen
Prepare to die, rebel scum.~Prettz
That's awesome, you get the Geronimo Award for Customer Service.~Geronimo
My eyelids aren't fat! They're big boned!~Zerebus
listen to Rayven.~Becky
Eating tacos with a friend doesnt make you gay.~Cherico

897 Geek points
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

That would work besides Kev systimatically getting rid of every writer I enjoy. Or, them developing "conflicts". :x
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Rayven
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rayven »

Specter wrote:That would work besides Kev systimatically getting rid of every writer I enjoy. Or, them developing "conflicts". :x

I'd write a Dark Ages Nightspawnbane book...but it'd take me about 6 years to get motivated, and another 3 to write it.
My Sig Box wrote:Welcome to my pants.~JM_Zen
Prepare to die, rebel scum.~Prettz
That's awesome, you get the Geronimo Award for Customer Service.~Geronimo
My eyelids aren't fat! They're big boned!~Zerebus
listen to Rayven.~Becky
Eating tacos with a friend doesnt make you gay.~Cherico

897 Geek points

Return to “Nightbane®”