D-bees on earth, pre-post dark day???

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

bigwhitehound

D-bees on earth, pre-post dark day???

Unread post by bigwhitehound »

:) I've been wondering, what d-bee are on nightbane earth? In the main nightbane book it says that characters from other RPGs can be used in NB. So can D-bee be used too? I would asume only very human like ones, so that they could fit in easly, ie Dwarves, Elves, Changelings (in human form), True Alteanteas and Orgers (with some comsmetic surggery & raised in human culture). Also, what effect on the megaverse did the dark day have?
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Officially, there aren't any on Nightbane Earth. However, the occasional dimensional disturbance in the Nightlands could drop off just about anyone from anywhere. Back when there were just two Nightbane books, I used the PFRPG Monsters & Animals and Wormwood books to populate my Nightlands with weird creatures. I also added a Wolfen Fire Warlock and an Atlantean Nomad as residents. However, their business kept them in the Nightlands and away from Earth.

The trick is to make sure that whatever you add fits with the overall feel of Nightbane, otherwise it turns into a modern day Shadowrun.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Don't diss on my Shadowrun! The dimensional forces put forth by the Ba'al should keep all dimensional travelers out. And, I if I ever even get a hint that a GM is about to add a glitter boy, or a super hero I'll break all his 20 sided dice. I agree with Mike to that extent... the Nightbane world should not be sullyed.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Mike Taylor

Now I didn't say keep everything out, just be judicious in what you do add. I see nothing wrong with adding a population of Skelterbats in the Nightlands equivalent of the Rockies or the Alps or the tomb of a Mummy Immortalus in Nightlands Egypt.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Yeah, but those kinda fit... and could have different explanations than a portal rift.

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Mike Taylor

The mummy immortalus in question was a NPC sorceror from Earth. I made him up one day while I was bored. The Skelterbats were dropped in with their handlers ages ago.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Mike Taylor wrote:The mummy immortalus in question was a NPC sorceror from Earth. I made him up one day while I was bored. The Skelterbats were dropped in with their handlers ages ago.

Huh? Ok, I have no idea what your talking about. I was assuming that skelerbats where some kind of skeleton looking bats that would be in a temple or underground pyramid in the Nightbane setting. Where an immortal (from egyption ritualistic magic) resided. Which would be kind of cool.

Mike Taylor

Skelterbats are flying creatures from the Wormwood Rifts book, which can be mined for all sorts of unpleasantness. :)
bigwhitehound

THANKS

Unread post by bigwhitehound »

That's about what I thought.

Return to “Nightbane®”