Astral Avitars

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Astral Avitars

Unread post by Zenvis »

I was setting up a mixer of BTS and Nightbane using Rifter 17 and 20 when I noticed that Astral Avitars can have hunters and hounds as astral minions when they are from the physical plane. How is that possible?
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

They don't have them as astral minions, they have them as physical minions in their astral domains.

There is nothing keeping a Nightlord or its avatar from summoning minions to an astral domain, unless such effects have been restricted by the domain's creator(s) (item F-5 in the astral domain creation rules).
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Please explain.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Which part is confusing?

A Nightlord (and its avatar) has the ability to open dimensional portals, creating a two-way opening to whatever dimension it wishes, and may use this to summon creatures from the Nightlands or Earth, or anywhere else.

An Astral Domain is like a little pocket of the material world within the astral plane, and the Nightlords maintain a substantial number of them (as well as some Astral Kingdoms). Inhabitants of an Astral Domain (except for those using the minor psionic power of Astral Projection) are solid, just as if they were in the material plane.

Because of their lack of any astral powers, Hounds and Hunters will not be able to leave their master's domain and enter the Astral Plane at large, (this is what the Torturians and Necrophim are for) but they make fine guards and soldiers within the domain itself.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

No. No I can't. It's cold and my books are at the far end of the house. Wait until tomorrow.

Return to “Nightbane®”