Board index » SDC Worlds » Nightbane®

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: Astral Avitars
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:38 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

I was setting up a mixer of BTS and Nightbane using Rifter 17 and 20 when I noticed that Astral Avitars can have hunters and hounds as astral minions when they are from the physical plane. How is that possible?

My Blog and My Other Blog

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:15 pm

Supreme Being

They don't have them as astral minions, they have them as physical minions in their astral domains.

There is nothing keeping a Nightlord or its avatar from summoning minions to an astral domain, unless such effects have been restricted by the domain's creator(s) (item F-5 in the astral domain creation rules).

and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:34 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Please explain.

My Blog and My Other Blog

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:07 am

Supreme Being

Which part is confusing?

A Nightlord (and its avatar) has the ability to open dimensional portals, creating a two-way opening to whatever dimension it wishes, and may use this to summon creatures from the Nightlands or Earth, or anywhere else.

An Astral Domain is like a little pocket of the material world within the astral plane, and the Nightlords maintain a substantial number of them (as well as some Astral Kingdoms). Inhabitants of an Astral Domain (except for those using the minor psionic power of Astral Projection) are solid, just as if they were in the material plane.

Because of their lack of any astral powers, Hounds and Hunters will not be able to leave their master's domain and enter the Astral Plane at large, (this is what the Torturians and Necrophim are for) but they make fine guards and soldiers within the domain itself.

and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:27 pm

Knight

Comment: I like magic.
While hounds can't exist in most astral domains (being simple constructs... though hound masters I think should be able to, and hunters are mentioned in one story as being in there... so maybe they all can... whatever) they can definately exist in an astral domain with the property oh Physical Laws: Same as Earth. In that case, to bring something to the domain it doesn't need to be astrally converted, so you can bring a machinegun from earth with no problem at all. Astral domains with this property are exactly like a real physical place, another dimension if you will.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:02 am

D-Bee

You don't need to worry about the physical laws of the domain. There's a plethora of powers in Between The Shadows that either allow the user to physically bring people/animals/items etc into the Astral Plane, or open a gateway or doorway between the Astral Plane and the physical world that you can pretty much lug anything through. With abilities like that, an Astral Avatar would be able to drag some more Hounds and other Nightlands denizens into his astral domain whenever he's got some spare time on his hands, regardless of whether the physical laws of his domain bear any resemblance to the real world.

Rallan

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:25 pm

Knight

Comment: I like magic.
Could you specify that power?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:19 am

Champion

No. No I can't. It's cold and my books are at the far end of the house. Wait until tomorrow.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.