Fudging Skills

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..I think this belongs in the GM's forum, not just for GM's but for mechanics issues too. If a mod moves it, sticky my character sheet thread too.

..I know what you mean, that's raw.

..Example. I became aware of an online game and wanted to join. The GM informed me that it was going to be hardcore evil characters.

..I had a D'norr Devilman Shifter that I wanted to play, but it was, like most of his race, a good character.

..So I worked up a backstory of how he had been captured by the Splugorth and exposed to the rift that alters your alignment and gives you psionics. I didn't want the psionics, just a chance to play the character without as was said 'raping' it.

..The GM hadn't heard of the Rift and suggested that I was trying to power game by giving him those powers. I was slighted, as most here know my favorite classes are the Normal Human and the Vagabond. So I suggested that he was captured by enemies and tortured, then brainwashed to think he was evil. Eventually I'd have Zurvan be his supernatural connection and that would free his true mind, giving him the added pathos of being a good person with a dark past.

..The GM wouldn't go for it and insisted to play the character I had to change him to be evil from the start. I couldn't do it, the character was good.

..I joined another game by that GM and although I've nearly died twice for playing in character, the game is going alright.

-Mike >8[
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."

Return to “Nightbane®”