Board index » SDC Worlds » Nightbane®

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:59 pm

Knight

Comment: I like magic.
The Shadow Warlocks, which gain spells intuitively akin to mystics, get 1 spell per level of experience. As it doesn't specify a list, would it be fair to allow them to select the Shadow spells from Library of Bletherad? As it is not in Palladium Fantasy, and as they are intuitive and not teachable to others, I don't think it would unbalance things much. After all, how many shadow spells are there available for selection in the main book anyway?[/i]

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:28 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: The Emolancer
Tyciol wrote:
The Shadow Warlocks, which gain spells intuitively akin to mystics, get 1 spell per level of experience. As it doesn't specify a list, would it be fair to allow them to select the Shadow spells from Library of Bletherad? As it is not in Palladium Fantasy, and as they are intuitive and not teachable to others, I don't think it would unbalance things much. After all, how many shadow spells are there available for selection in the main book anyway?[/i]

..Not a whole lot. I'd check out Rifter #20 if I were you; the Shade Mage and a whole list of new spells revolving around it, with the master list including the spells from Bletherad, Federation of Magic (now found in the Rifts Book of Magic, a must have), and a couple in Palladium Fantasy.

-Mike >8]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:36 pm

Just make sure that the magic you add really fits with the rest of the setting. Some of the funkier stuff should be restricted to NPCs, at least initially.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:27 am

Supreme Being

Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.
Yeah, considering Shadow Meld is a 6th level spell, I sort of give Shadow Warlocks all Shadow magic Spells upto 6th level. As they advance they can choose conventional spells equal to or less than their real level, or Shadow Magic Spelsl at their level plus 6.

I think the Shadow Warlock got really short changed on spells though (one per level )

Dead Boy wrote:
All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:16 am

D-Bee

1 spell per level, but also 1 talent...balances out

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:05 am

Knight

Comment: I like magic.
Yeah I wouldn't say shortsticked, they get more free talents than nightbane. It's too bad they can't buy them though... it really wouldn't unbalance anything with the amount of PPE they have.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.