Board index » SDC Worlds » Nightbane®

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:13 am

D-Bee

On page 106 of the Nightbane main book it states"At level one and upon reaching each subsequent new level of experience, the Nightbane can purchase two additional Talents, but, each purchase will cost the character a permanent expenditure of P.P.E.! There is no limit as to how many Talents can be purchased."

So I just want to know if there is no limit to the number of talents a nightbane may purchase or is it a maximum of two per level?

Since it costs pepermanent P.P.E. to acquire I would let my players buy as many as they like. If they buy to many it just hinders their character's ability to use them. Let me know what you think.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:29 am

D-Bee

Thats a good idea, but you may want to limit it to two-four extra at 1st lvl otherwise your players will find themselves short PPE. Also you may not want to give them too many talents at the start as you might find yourself out of control of your game as they walk all over the NPC's. But if you run a high power game you wont have this problem.

Its just a matter of perception.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:36 am

DKLDMR wrote:
On page 106 of the Nightbane main book it states"There is no limit as to how many Talents can be purchased."

What is meant is that there is no cap on the number of Talents the Nightbane can acquire over time. The two per level restriction still applies.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:10 pm

Knight

Comment: I like magic.
Mike's right, it's probably referring to the fact that they're immortal so they'll likely get to very high levels. Besides, if you buy 2 per level I'm sure you'll have all the talents at like... level 10? :p We need more talents...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:20 pm

Monk

In the games i've been in I've hardly piced up new talents for my char ecept the free ones. So you might let them save up the choices for their char's higher levels. Or let them buy as many as they want and pay for it with a low base PPE.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:19 pm

Knight

Comment: Eat More Chicken
Tyciol wrote:
Mike's right, it's probably referring to the fact that they're immortal so they'll likely get to very high levels. Besides, if you buy 2 per level I'm sure you'll have all the talents at like... level 10? :p We need more talents...

That's what the Rifter is for. Wasn't it Rifter #17 that had additional talents?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.