Beyond the Supernatural and Nightbane

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Beyond the Supernatural and Nightbane

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

With Beyond the supernatural becoming a 2nd edition book,
I'm curious to see if there will be some nice tie in between
the two books. When Nightbane first came out, I sort of
used BtS as a supplement. Now BtS will try to stand on its
own as a new and improve RPG. How does anyone feel
about this, perhaps it will kick more interest towards Nightbane?
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

I think it will. But that's just me.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

I think that if BTS 2 finally comes out it will get a lot more attention from the company (there are sourcebooks announced) and this will probably weaken the already weak position of NB further. but, this game has its fans (count me in) and will not die, even if it is neglected.

cheers, Vid
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Support of Nightbane has more to do with finding a writer who will be able to stay with it for longer than three books. It's had three authors and all three are no longer writing for Palladium for whatever reason.
Blacksmith

Nightbane

Unread post by Blacksmith »

Nightbane is a wonderful game and it would be a sad damper to Palladium to lose. During the course of playing Nightbane we used Psychic like characters similiar to that of BTS. Maybe BTS will spark a new found likening in NB, who knows.
Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Der Klown Formerly Known as Necromancer Bob

Unread post by Beelzebozo »

Apparently, the reason Nightbane's writers have failed to stick around is because Big Kev has a different "vision" of the game than they do. Which probably means that it needs to be more like Rift$. :D I fully expect that in the unlikely event that BtS2 actually exists, it will supercede Nightbane, and Nightbane will be forgotten by the company because Big Kev didn't create it.
Beelzebozo, Your Friendly Neighborhood Clown Demon

"More surprises than getting to third base with a transvestite!"

http://www.eldritchengines.com
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

BtS is the perfect spring bourd to prequeal or lead into a NB game. Start you chars out in Bts and run them through he dark day.....having one of the chars an unawakened bane...or anthantos...or have one become a gaurdian...now that would be freeky having your friend/comrade suddenly get 'powers' and forgets you.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

*in synthesized Altered Beast voice* Ahfrise hrom mer grave!

Well, now that BTS2 is out it seems you really can't use it with Nightbane at all without converting one psionic system or the other, though it may get some people to buy Between the Shadows for an unnerfed Genius/Natural class.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Beelzebozo wrote:Apparently, the reason Nightbane's writers have failed to stick around is because Big Kev has a different "vision" of the game than they do. Which probably means that it needs to be more like Rift$. :D I fully expect that in the unlikely event that BtS2 actually exists, it will supercede Nightbane, and Nightbane will be forgotten by the company because Big Kev didn't create it.

Wanna bet?
Jason Vey has stated that he didn't keep working with palladium because of how little they(KS/Palladium) communicated with him on them. This lack of communication left the book with some gaps as to what was editted.
That's why.
Last edited by Sir_Spirit on Tue May 17, 2005 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Der Klown Formerly Known as Necromancer Bob

Unread post by Beelzebozo »

Ironically, because of this lack of communication on Palladium's part, Big Kev has said that SoL didn't fulfil his vision of the game. Seriously. As if Jason was supposed to know what Der Fuhrer wanted by some sort of psychic ability or something.
Beelzebozo, Your Friendly Neighborhood Clown Demon

"More surprises than getting to third base with a transvestite!"

http://www.eldritchengines.com
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Beelzebozo wrote:Ironically, because of this lack of communication on Palladium's part, Big Kev has said that SoL didn't fulfil his vision of the game. Seriously. As if Jason was supposed to know what Der Fuhrer wanted by some sort of psychic ability or something.

Agred, though on some parts(the Lightbringers/Guardians) I think it's kinda obvious they didn't see Eye to Eye.
I prefer how they were presented in the mainbook(Normal people gifted with strange light/healing power and a drive to do good-an unusual bright spot in a normally dark genre) and didn't like how SoL turned them into vamphunterONLY a_holes.

[On the other hand I loved pretty much enverything else in the book(the new faction/expanded Nocturnes section, stuff on The Pitt&Pittsburgh, et cetera)]
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.

Return to “Nightbane®”