Who makes Fan Fiction for Nightbane?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Who makes Fan Fiction for Nightbane?

Unread post by gaby »

Who makes Fan Ficition for Nightbane ans BtS?
Can you show it here?

I am making a Fan Ficition where Nightbane and Marvel comics are mix!
All mutants in Marvel are Nightbane, all the non-mutants super-heroes are other R.c.c,s and O.c.c,s.
All the Nightlords are the major bad guys like Dr Doom is ther NightLord King!
So What do you think?
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Not so much.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

1 - anyone...ie: "the fans"

2 - probably not...submit it to Palladium for possible publication, and some coinage... :D
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Der Klown Formerly Known as Necromancer Bob

Unread post by Beelzebozo »

I've written a couple of Nightbane fanfics before, but in rereading I've become less fond of them, which is probably why I didn't continue with them.

Some advice:

1. Posting fanfic here on the boards means it directly becomes property of Big Kev and he owns your soul. Well, okay, not so much with the soul thing, but anything posted here becomes their property. Post it on another site and link to it here.

2. Crossover fanfics are one of the reasons that the internet gained such a bad reputation in the early years of usenet. Bluntly, they're bad. Avoid crossovers like the plague. For one thing, mixing Nightbane and pretty much anything else (including Rift$, a bit of idiocy which everybody seems to insist on doing) causes some problems in the setting (mainly, detracting from the focus of Nightbane vs Nightlords). For another, crossovers rarely retain anything of the spirit that made the original elements fun, and usually degenerate into an author having his favorite character beat up character(s) from another setting.
Beelzebozo, Your Friendly Neighborhood Clown Demon

"More surprises than getting to third base with a transvestite!"

http://www.eldritchengines.com
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

As Bob here has pointed out, a crossover with a non-Palladium IP is a bad idea. As fun as you might think it would be to share it on the web, it violates Palladium's internet policy and possibly causes copyright issues with Marvel Comics' legal department. Far better that you run it as a pen & paper game at home with your friends or use the Heroes Unlimited universe and that cast of characters as other posters have done.

Return to “Nightbane®”