Board index » SDC Worlds » Nightbane®

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Unread postPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:41 pm

Explorer

I am looking at creating a Nightbane campaign for some friends and have some ideas. First off, before anyone gets offended I am a practicing Catholic as are at least three other people who will be playing. First off, it will be based in the Nightbane part of the megaverse, but will combine elements from HU2 an N&SS. It will be a covert ops campaign with the characters playing a variety of soldier types, almost all Catholic who are recruited to become members of a secret military organization sponsored by the church. It will include Nightbane, various hardware, super soldier, eugenics characters and N&SS military types. I am working on a more detailed background, but this is the basis upon which I am starting to build. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:27 am

D-Bee

Well I'm kinda lazy so you might not like my idea. Pick up one of the World of Darkness books on Witch hunters or the Inquisition or whatever they are called. And since White wolf is doing a world of darkness re-boot you might be able to pick one up cheap. Just pick and choose the ideas presented and roll with it. Another idea that might not be to popular since you are a practicing catholic is to have the Characters working for a corrupt organization of the church, and let it play out. Maybe the Nightlords infiltrated the church and have their agents liberally planted within. Use the organization rules out of N&SS and use Preserver and Spook Squad Agent stats for typical NPCs within the agency scattered with some nightlord denzins to keep it interesting

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:02 pm

Champion

JR...

Sounds like you're advocating the purchase of Rifts: Wormwood! :lol:

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:27 pm

D-Bee

lol wow yeah on second sight it appears that is exactly what I discribed

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 1:38 am

Yeah, the old White Wolf books about the witch hunters are definitely a great source of inspiration. If you want to get even more detailed, grab a copy of the Malleus Maleficarum which is a medieval treatise on witch hunting published in English by Dover.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 1:43 am

Oh, I just uncovered this on The Deific NMI's website. It details how to build a supernatural or paranormal organization.

http://home.insightbb.com/~nmi/Agencies.htm

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:55 am

Explorer

you realize you've just established the order Cestus Dei!

and the adventure can be called "On His Holiness's Sacred Service"

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:56 pm

Explorer

Josh, that was actually one spin I was looking at for the campaign. For a bad guy I am actually looking at a Cardinal Richelieu(sp?) type who is a corrupt Cardinal( Night Bane or just tempted by power). I am kinda looking at this as a possible grassrots kind of orginization that has been around for centuries, known about by the Church but never admitted to and called upon hen the situation calls for it. Actually looking at a ex-SF turned Priest who will be in charge of the group who will be based in the Southwest.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.