Board index » SDC Worlds » Nightbane®

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: Jump/Leap Rules
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:04 pm

Palladin

anyone have the page # for the Jump/Leap rules in Nightbane?

Rifts has them on p44 but IIRC the Nightbane ones are slightly different.

Post subject: Re: Jump/Leap Rules
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:23 pm

Supreme Being

I've never seen any jumping rules in Nightbane. As far as I know, only the Rifts Main Book (12th printing an higher), Heroes Unlimited GM's guide, and After the Bomb 2e have basic jumping rules, and the rules are different in all three books.

and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Last edited by Tinker Dragoon on Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:50 pm

Adventurer

I've seen the Baron von Clogg use this handy little formula;

Quote:
My rule of thumb has been that a character can vertically jump a height (in feet) equal to his max lifting weight divided by his bodyweight. Superstrong, ultra-light, and you could jump really dang high.... I usually let people jump horizontally about twice their vertical (and fall safely from heights equal to twice their vertical as long as they land on their feet).

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Unread postPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 2:21 pm

Palladin

gadrin wrote:
anyone have the page # for the Jump/Leap rules in Nightbane?

Rifts has them on p44 but IIRC the Nightbane ones are slightly different.

Between the Shadows p117 uses +3/+5 feet per level on TK Leap, while Rifts is +2/+3 per level.

For some reason I thought the "starting numbers" (for any PC) were different than Rifts which uses 4/5 feet for normal pcs and 8/10 for supernatch.

If anyone knows where Nightbane details the "starting numbers" please let me know.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:23 pm

Wanderer

This is one I've been trying to figure out for a while... From what I can tell, there has never been an actual listing of jumping rules for the average character, untill you look at skills.

In a lot of the older books, you only find anything counting for jumping once you choose the Gymnastics or Acrobatics skills (base distance 4 feet across/4 feet vertical and 4ft/5ft respetively... plus 2ft/2ft per level on both). In the newer games, this feature has gone missing, even though the skills are still there.

Additionally, Ninjas and Super-spies introduced combat bonuses for jumping attacks.

One of the Rifters over the last year or so, introduced the skill "Track and Field Events," which seemed to reintroduce the long lost jumping distances.

Personally, I believe a person can jump 3ft across/2ft vertical, with an additional foot across/6in vertical per 5pts of Spd, without any specific training.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:02 pm

Knight

Comment: I like magic.
The leaping bonuses in N&SS are used in leap attack, and when moving in or out of combat ranges.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:12 pm

Adventurer

Yeah, I'd like to have some clarified rules for Nightbane jumping. I was playing an ancient Nightbane with a SN PS of 43 and I was attempting to jump 10 feet up with about 20 feet to get a running start to snag a helecopter and the GM is like how far do you think you can jump?

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.