Board index » SDC Worlds » Nightbane®

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: UFOnauts and Nightbane
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:54 pm

Explorer

The UFOnauts in Beyond the Supernatural are described as curious energy beings that resemble saucer shaped lights. It also says they're natives of the Astral Plane. Could they somehow be connected to the Guardians and the so-called Lightlands? I was so disappointed nobody ever followed up on the idea of the Guardians and thier role in the Wars of Light and Darkness and the Astral Plane. Maybe a new sourcebook, The Lightlands? I won't hold my breath, but it would be nice if the basics were expanded instead of making up new stuff to crowd the setting.

"You have to remember that people who watch FOX and listen to AM talk radio aren't what you'd call 'critical thinkers'. They don't call themselves 'Dittoheads' for nothing." -FOX Attorney Dori Hanswirth.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:48 am

Knight

I will also like to Known more!

MAYBE ther will be something on the UFOnauts in BtS2?

Do you think ther will be a Nightbane book that go show how to put Aliens in a Nightbane Game?

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:32 pm

Champion

Perhaps not in NB, but in BtS I have adaptated aliens unlimited.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:10 pm

Explorer

I use some of the more obscure aliens in Aliens Unlimited as miscellaneous denziens of the Astral Plane. As stated, there are hundreds of races there, and using the Rifter #9 as the template for the sociology of the Astral Plane a whole host of domains can be created with a motley crew of aliens.

"You have to remember that people who watch FOX and listen to AM talk radio aren't what you'd call 'critical thinkers'. They don't call themselves 'Dittoheads' for nothing." -FOX Attorney Dori Hanswirth.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:41 am

Wanderer

Astroman wrote:
The UFOnauts in Beyond the Supernatural are described as curious energy beings that resemble saucer shaped lights. It also says they're natives of the Astral Plane. Could they somehow be connected to the Guardians and the so-called Lightlands? I was so disappointed nobody ever followed up on the idea of the Guardians and thier role in the Wars of Light and Darkness and the Astral Plane. Maybe a new sourcebook, The Lightlands? I won't hold my breath, but it would be nice if the basics were expanded instead of making up new stuff to crowd the setting.

I started to do this a bit with Shadows of Light, but sadly, it now falls to whoever is the next writer to take up the torch to continue.

-Rpg.net post re: Conan/Blue Rose crossover

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:50 am

Hero

I tend treat the UFONauts as "cousin" to the Gaurdians, or what can become the NB Guardians. Perhaps as a force of "light" they only bond with a human when it is needed to fight great threats to megaversal stability (like in the NB Universe where THE DARK has gained so much power)... maybe even as sub-functionaries to the Cosmic Forge itself.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:04 pm

Explorer

Interesting take. Perhaps the UFOnauts can merge with humans to create Guardians.

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:44 am

Invisible Pink Unicorn

Jason Vey wrote:
I started to do this a bit with Shadows of Light, but sadly, it now falls to whoever is the next writer to take up the torch to continue.

I'm not certain that that is really true here. What even you have stated that you did was to make the void ship be used by a second group of guardians. I fail to see how your doing this has anything to do with the UFOians so I you could please explain the connection between those two things I would greatly appreciate it.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:48 am

Adventurer

Jason Vey wrote:
Astroman wrote:

One of the few things that I have used my powers of GM thought and made it as if they don't exsist. I'm going to stick with my own preconcieved notions about Guardians, because I didn't like the direction you were taking them in Vey.

Void Ships = :-( Specter

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:02 pm

Explorer

Heck you could make the UFOnauts the Void Ships. Somehow they are able to let others piggyback on them through the Astral Plane and the physical realm. The Lightlands would make a great sourcebook though.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:25 pm

Monk

If UFOnauts are really the Asgardes, then do you think the GuAuled would be able to take over Bane in their facade?

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:08 am

Spirit wrote:
I'm not certain that that is really true here. What even you have stated that you did was to make the void ship be used by a second group of guardians. I fail to see how your doing this has anything to do with the UFOians so I you could please explain the connection between those two things I would greatly appreciate it.

The UFOnauts from Beyond the Supernatural are beings that look like what we think of as "flying saucers". They appear as relatively benign glowing discs of energy who are curious about humankind. If necessary, they can create an ectoplasmic "alien" body to interact with humans on a more personal level.

This is purely speculation my part, but I believe that Jason had intended introduce them as a way of linking the 2nd Edition of BTS to Nightbane.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:46 am

Hero

Ben Quash wrote:
If UFOnauts are really the Asgardes, then do you think the GuAuled would be able to take over Bane in their facade?

your comment is silly.. and No the Gaould could not implant themselves in Bane Facades. Nightbanes are never really human and thus many things just won't work on them.

A player, bribed with pizza, willing to sacrifice his character.
All these must be, and the Lord shall fall.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.