Nightbane: Excel Character Sheet

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prysus
Champion

Nightbane: Excel Character Sheet

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. About 2 years ago, Palladium released my Palladium Fantasy Interactive Character Sheet (link also has a tutorial video which you can watch to see the capabilities of the sheet if you don't know it already). This was geared toward Palladium Fantasy in particular, which has been my favorite Palladium setting for a very long time. However, since that time, I introduced a couple of new people to the Palladium system. They enjoy horror, so I thought a Nightbane game would be fun. I made a few quick mods for my home group so they could have an electronic Nightbane sheet. I did a few changes (such as skills) and made an option to be able to switch forms (e.g. switch between Facade and Morphus). While the version I did for them was just a jury-rigged version of my PF one, I've been thinking of doing a proper version for Nightbane*.

I know a proper Nightbane sheet would require some changes (such as adding Perception, and removing saving throws to Faerie Magic or Elemental Horror Factor). I'd go through all the books to make sure any bonuses, saving throws, etc. are included per the Nightbane setting. I know that Supernatural Punch damage and Weapon damage are added together in the setting (which is different than PF). I have intent to include a Nightbane sheet to select the Morphus and have bonuses automatically added in (or at least tell you what you need to roll), and I'd probably try to make sure it's complete with all the new information from the newer books (but not Rifters). I'd probably remove Riding Animal and replace it with Vehicle, or something like that, and other little minor changes.

With all the said my question becomes: Is there anything else that you feel would be crucial to a Nightbane sheet? Also, is there any features from the Rifts Automated Character Sheet (RACS) that you feel need to be included?

I still relatively new to the setting (and no one else in my group has experience with it either), so I don't know if there's something I'm overlooking from lack of experience. Now, I'm probably going to include a dice roller similar to the RACS, and have an area that tells you what you need to roll with physical skills and such to make things a bit more automated. I also have a few other ideas in mind. But I wanted to see if there's any important feedback before I get too carried away on the project. Thank you for your time and any input. Farewell and safe journeys.

*Disclaimer: This indicates intent. This does not provide any estimates of when such a project may be completed, nor guarantee a finished product at all. If such a project is not completed it does not have any bearing on Palladium's willingness or unwillingness to see such a project released.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Nightbane: Excel Character Sheet

Unread post by Glistam »

Is your intention to just have it support a Nightbane character, or all the characters like Wampyr's, Guardians, Psychics, Sorcerers, Mystics, etc?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Glistam wrote:Is your intention to just have it support a Nightbane character, or all the characters like Wampyr's, :oops: Guardians, Psychics, Sorcerers, Mystics, etc?

Greetings and Salutations. My intent is to support all official races and classes. Nightbane are just a major part of the setting and will require special considerations (such as being able to transform, and lots of modifications that can alter a character stats). Farewell and safe journeys.

Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Greg Diaczyk
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Official "Wayne Smith Clone"

Unread post by Greg Diaczyk »

Crap!

I just found this.

I received authorization from Kevin to go ahead and make a Nightbane Automated Character Sheet and it is nearly completed... I hope I am not stepping on your toes Prysus?
Greg Diaczyk,
"Wayne Smith Clone"
Palladium Freelance Writer and Editor

Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greg Diaczyk wrote:Crap!

I just found this.

I received authorization from Kevin to go ahead and make a Nightbane Automated Character Sheet and it is nearly completed... I hope I am not stepping on your toes Prysus?

Greetings and Salutations. No worries. I took a small break after I kept running into some issues (I got frustrated with missing experience tables and a few other similar problems), and there have been a lot of other real life distractions. I was planning to pick it up again soon, but now I won't worry about it. All is good.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I look forward to seeing the finished product. Farewell and safe journeys.

TheEvilDM
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Started with Fantasy & TMNT in '88.

Unread post by TheEvilDM »

I know this is a bit old, but did this ever get created?
- TheEvilDM
RailGuns & Dragons - Palladium RPGS!My Youtube Series Exploring Palladium products
Actual Plays Podcast - Can be found on all major Podcast platforms and youtube!
Beyond Earths - A Palladium Actual Play Podcast
- Season 1 DeadWinter- a Dead Reign Day 0 start
- Season 2 Heroes Unlimited Campaign!
- Season 3 Palladium Fantasy 1e (Current Season)
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

TheEvilDM wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:02 am I know this is a bit old, but did this ever get created?
Greetings and Salutations. Sorry for the slow response. As stated above, I stopped working on my version when I learned someone else almost had theirs done. I want to say the Greg Diaczyk version was finished, submitted, and briefly mentioned in one of the Palladium Weekly Updates, but it can take a while before it's officially released.

Hopefully we'll see something soon, or maybe Greg will chime in and correct me if I have some info wrong. Anyways, hope that helps (at least maybe a little). Farewell and safe journeys.

Greg Diaczyk
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Official "Wayne Smith Clone"

Unread post by Greg Diaczyk »

Yes!

Awaiting final review and release by Palladium Books.
Greg Diaczyk,
"Wayne Smith Clone"
Palladium Freelance Writer and Editor

TheEvilDM
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Started with Fantasy & TMNT in '88.

Unread post by TheEvilDM »

Greg Diaczyk wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:07 am Yes!

Awaiting final review and release by Palladium Books.
Thank you for updating us, I look forward to seeing it released :)
- TheEvilDM
RailGuns & Dragons - Palladium RPGS!My Youtube Series Exploring Palladium products
Actual Plays Podcast - Can be found on all major Podcast platforms and youtube!
Beyond Earths - A Palladium Actual Play Podcast
- Season 1 DeadWinter- a Dead Reign Day 0 start
- Season 2 Heroes Unlimited Campaign!
- Season 3 Palladium Fantasy 1e (Current Season)

Return to “Nightbane®”