Immortal (PU2) in Nightbane

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

lbeaumanior
Wanderer

Immortal (PU2) in Nightbane

Unread post by lbeaumanior »

Greetings,

I am going to participate in a Nightbane game as an Immortal from Powers Unlimited 2 (specifically fallen godling), either as a wizard or with super powers. Given that as a R.C.C. Nightbanes have a lot of abilities (extra stats, regeneration, a lot of P.P.E., Talents) I would like to pick the spells or the powers that let me contribute to the party, I would love some help with the selections.

What would be stronger as a starting/long-term character?

a. Wizard Supreme: 20 spells from levels 1-10, 6 +1D6 spells from levels 11-15, about 225 P.P.E starting. (For versatility nothing beats magic, theoretically I could learn all the HU2 and Nightbane spells).
    b. Super Powers: 3 Majors and 1 minor. (I was thinking of versatile powers since those will be my only powers during the whole game: Energy Conversion, Force Manipulation, Transmutation, Healing Factor).

Any suggestions?

[I crossposted this in the HU forum since I am not sure where would be better to ask]
Last edited by lbeaumanior on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:00 am, edited 15 times in total.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Immortal (PU2) in Nightbane

Unread post by The Beast »

If you go with the mage option Rat Bastard posted a thread on the most useful spells for their PPE costs in the Guild of Magic section on the forums. It's a pinned topic, so it's up towards the top. It was also written a few years ago and with Rifts in mind, but there shouldn't be too much trouble with using it in a SDC setting.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

If your GM is okay with the importation of the Power Cat, then the char needs a good write up for his background. Not some skimpy 1-5 liners. More like 2-6 paragraphs. Including 'Why' he is Fallen Godling. (immortals start in the level range of 2-5.)
-Was there a coup in the pantheon and was exiled?
-Did he stray from his parents alignment and was banished?
-is there a seal on his powers that could be broken? or were his powers stripped from him?
-is on a path of redemption or does he want to build up his own followers?
-what sort of enemies does he have? are they searching for him?
There are many other questions that can be answered in the Background write up. Do a Good job.
Or the GM just might blind-side you with stuff he invented for your character.

P.S. if I was making the char is would be the wiz-sup.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
lbeaumanior
Wanderer

Unread post by lbeaumanior »

Thanks for the answers.

The Beast wrote:If you go with the mage option Rat Bastard posted a thread on the most useful spells for their PPE costs in the Guild of Magic section on the forums. It's a pinned topic, so it's up towards the top. It was also written a few years ago and with Rifts in mind, but there shouldn't be too much trouble with using it in a SDC setting.

I checked the list but I was looking for optimal builds, there are many more spells to pick compared to those a Wizard Supreme starts that selection is important. A balance between usefulness and survivability.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:If your GM is okay with the importation of the Power Cat, then the char needs a good write up for his background. Not some skimpy 1-5 liners. More like 2-6 paragraphs. Including 'Why' he is Fallen Godling. (immortals start in the level range of 2-5.)
-Was there a coup in the pantheon and was exiled?
-Did he stray from his parents alignment and was banished?
-is there a seal on his powers that could be broken? or were his powers stripped from him?
-is on a path of redemption or does he want to build up his own followers?
-what sort of enemies does he have? are they searching for him?
There are many other questions that can be answered in the Background write up. Do a Good job.
Or the GM just might blind-side you with stuff he invented for your character.

P.S. if I was making the char is would be the wiz-sup.

The idea so far is that the Godling is gone and dead, no personality to speak of, its power went to a human (my character). The roleplaying reason is to have someone nominally magical, but still behaving like a normal person, while not distorting too much the themes of Nightbane (Where is the rest of the pantheon? What is their position in the conflict with the Nightlords?) and it is clear that Nightbanes are the protagonists.

I thought about a Godling (whose natural abilities help it go toe to toe with Nightbane, before adding spells or powers) but I am not sure it will fit with the tone of the game, specially with the proposed Achilles heel: God Syndrome.

I also agree with the choice of Wizard Supreme, it has the best chance to grow in power and not being static during the game play (each new spell increases versatility)
Rogerd
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rogerd »

No reason he could not travel to Nightbane setting really.
Might be quite interesting, shake a few things up.

Return to “Nightbane®”