Nightbane with One Player and one GM

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

plotulus
D-Bee

Nightbane with One Player and one GM

Unread post by plotulus »

Is there anyway Nightbane would work with one player and one GM? If so how would you go about it? The only thing I can think of is having a character only work with The Underground Railroad.
plotulus
D-Bee

Re: Nightbane with One Player and one GM

Unread post by plotulus »

Anybody?
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

plotulus wrote:Anybody?

Nope, I guess not :-P

For real though, I would imagine that running a one-on-one game of Nightbane would be pretty similar to running a one-on-one game with any other system. My advice would be to figure out what it is that your player wants to do, and build the adventure tailor made to their wants and desires. Be sure to scale things more to the player side of things (meaning don't throw legions of enemies against them . . . unless they deserve it), and be prepared to have a few NPCs who can tag along if the character needs help. Just be sure to not overshadow the player (as is the normal rule of thumb).

Playing one-on-one is a great way to really flesh out the story of a character in a way that you just can't get when running a game for a whole group. I wouldn't overthink it too much, and I would just consult the player and build the adventures from there.
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
Blackwater Sniper
Explorer
Comment: The only bad character is the one you didn't put on paper.

Unread post by Blackwater Sniper »

Actually it would be fairly easy and quite fun.

It all depends on your character and their background, motivations, and the willingness of the GM to play along with you.

Here's a short list to think about: Batman in the Arkham Series, Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell, not to mention James Bond, any lone bounty hunter, or John Wick.
So what if I don’t know what apocalypse means? It’s not the end of the world!
TheEvilDM
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Started with Fantasy & TMNT in '88.

Unread post by TheEvilDM »

yes it would work. You could even play it solo with say using the Mythic Game Master Emulator. I've done a bunch of games solo using that. I think a dude on youtube, Articoke dip did a whole video on solo play using Palladium Fantasy. Cool dude.
- TheEvilDM
RailGuns & Dragons - Palladium RPGS!My Youtube Series Exploring Palladium products
Actual Plays Podcast - Can be found on all major Podcast platforms and youtube!
Beyond Earths - A Palladium Actual Play Podcast
- Season 1 DeadWinter- a Dead Reign Day 0 start
- Season 2 Heroes Unlimited Campaign!
- Season 3 Palladium Fantasy 1e (Current Season)

Return to “Nightbane®”