Which book next?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Which book next?

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

I'm starting a campaign with my two boys (and hopefully a couple of their friends). It's getting so hard to get together with our regular PF group that I need something to fill the gaps. I'm going to run an historical game starting sometime around 400-500 AD starting in Britain.
I currently have Nightspawn main book, TTGD, BTS, and Nightlands. Which of the remaining books would you consider must have?
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: Which book next?

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

In descending order of immediate usefulness in creating Nightbane: Dark Designs, Survival Guide, Shadows of Light. SoL is the most interesting book of the set, though.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Curbludgeon wrote:In descending order of immediate usefulness in creating Nightbane: Dark Designs, Survival Guide, Shadows of Light. SoL is the most interesting book of the set, though.

i would think shadows of light is *particularly* less useful in a game set in 400-500 AD ;)
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Most of the groups described therein might have existed in some form then.
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

Thanks for the replies.
I'm going to run them through a Dark Day Beta. At the start of the dark ages the Ba'al made their first attempt, which didn't go as planned, the sun itself was blocked out, but it was more akin to an eclipse. It did manage to align Earth and the Nightlands more, allowing for easier crossings, as well as increasing the magic energy and introducing several other creatures to Earth.
I'm going to pull from numerous legends starting with King Arthur (a sword bearer). Hopefully we will start this weekend.
hbrika
D-Bee

Unread post by hbrika »

I wish that I could have gotten Shadows of Light in paper. It’s a neat read. Some was okay and some was really really interesting.

I like your concept for your campaign! Please post updates.
Never accept blindly, always question.

Give up free will at your peril.

Return to “Nightbane®”