The SCP Foundation

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

The SCP Foundation

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

Strange question for you folks, would any of you use both the SCP Foundation and the SCP's in your game? If you're curious as to what I'm talking about, here's the website: http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-series#001

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: The SCP Foundation

Unread post by Glistam »

I think those thing might be a little much in the Nightbane world. Perhaps good for a side adventure or two but too many of them and you'd detract from the main focus of the game. It's a little like the Warehouse 13 show but without the censors
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

True, but think of it as something that the NightLords WANT to keep secret from the public.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

What the heck is the SCP Foundation? I clicked around the website, but even the FAQ didnt' really say what the heck it was.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

The SCP Foundation is a group of people that basically go after and capture (and then hide away) anything and everything that would either harm humanity, destroy the world or just destroy the written history of the planet for Civilians. Think of it something along the lines of what happened at the end of IndianaJones and the Lost Ark.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

You need to actually read through the articles in order to start to get the feel for how powerful the organization is. It's less kin to the Indiana Jones warehouse and slightly more kin to Warehouse 13. I'd recommend their top rated pages.

This article in particular seems to be a good summary of the SCP organization.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Glistam wrote:You need to actually read through the articles in order to start to get the feel for how powerful the organization is. It's less kin to the Indiana Jones warehouse and slightly more kin to Warehouse 13. I'd recommend their top rated pages.

This article in particular seems to be a good summary of the SCP organization.

I said like that as in "A similar concept" not "identically powerful/massive/depressing"/over the top" ;)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

[quote="Nekira Sudacne"][quote="Glistam"]You need to actually read through the articles in order to start to get the feel for how powerful the organization is. It's less kin to the Indiana Jones warehouse and slightly more kin to Warehouse 13. I'd recommend their [url=http://www.scp-wiki.net/top-rated-pages]top rated pages[/url].

[url=http://www.scp-wiki.net/black-white-black-white-black-white-black-white-black-white]This article in particular[/url] seems to be a good summary of the SCP organization.[/quote]

I said like that as in "A similar concept" not "identically powerful/massive/depressing"/over the top" ;)[/quote]

I agree with you. The way I see it (for making a decent story anyway) would be easily integrated for you game. Maybe fix it up so that either it being a extremely secret organization that's trying to protect the world or have it so the Night Lords are running it so they can figure out ways to make their conquest easier to do.

Return to “Nightbane®”