Astral Junkie

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Octus

I guess if I had to be a junkie I would be an astral junkie

Unread post by Octus »

Id you contribute PPE to an astral domain, do you gain immortality as long as you stay within the domain? Also who can contribute other than spell casters, and astral junkies? can psychics, supernatural or superhuman?
Octus

Astral Junkie

Unread post by Octus »

Do contributors gain immortality like an astral lord, if they remain in the domain? can psychics contribute?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Astral Junkie

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Octus wrote:Id you contribute PPE to an astral domain, do you gain immortality as long as you stay within the domain? Also who can contribute other than spell casters, and astral junkies? can psychics, supernatural or superhuman?

If two questions are related, put them in the same thread.

Octus wrote:Do contributors gain immortality like an astral lord, if they remain in the domain? can psychics contribute?

and the answer is, any mage or psychic with astral powers can contribute, and gain the benifits. IIRC, one of the nightlord avatars favored tactics is to make friends with some astral lord or mage, get them to let them contribute a little PPE to the domain while they do the bulk work, then, kill the mage so they inherit the domain, because even the little donation they fed into it counts.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

One thing I never particularly understood about that: why would the Avatars choose Astral Lords/Mages in particular, if ANY mage or psychic (or supernatural being) could contribute PPE to a domain. It's not as if they require their actual domain-shaping skills since the Astral Avatars can themselves form a domain.

Also, considering there's no functional limit actually placed on how many Avatars a Nightlord can make (just higher risk to the Lord upon their simultaneous destructions) I'm sincerely disturbed about what actual limits exist on how many Astral Avatars could be made and how many realms they could make.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Your forgetting that avatars they create are not innately loyal to the nightlord that created them and can conspire aginst them. This alone is reason to not make too many lest you loose track of what they're schemeing.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

True, especially with the Astral ones who apparently are more independent and scheming since they can't be as easily monitored.

This makes me wonder, if the creator is harmed by the death of the Avatar, if Avatars are hurt by the death of the creator. Presumably Avatars aren't harmed by the deaths of other Avatars.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

Perhaps if one avatar kills another it gets more powerful.
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

I like the idea of this being possible but killing alone shouldn't be enough. Perhaps if the avatar knows magic there could be a spell invented for constructs where they can ritually sacrifice another construct and gain the creation points used to make them to boost their own stats?

Return to “Nightbane®”