Is it Gonna Happen Agian?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Is it Gonna Happen Agian?

Unread post by Ridley »

I think that is the Question on everyone's Mind. Will this be a yearly thing like GenCon? Or will it happen agian on the 30th anniversery?
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Re: Is it Gonna Happen Agian?

Unread post by Subjugator »

Ridley wrote:I think that is the Question on everyone's Mind. Will this be a yearly thing like GenCon? Or will it happen agian on the 30th anniversery?

I think I'd rather do this than GenCon! It was FANTASTIC! I got *STACKS* of original artwork! I played a GREAT game in Arzno (and died)! I met LOTS of great people! I bought ZILLIONS of books!

Subbie
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Once in a lifetime type thing iirc.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

Marrowlight wrote:Once in a lifetime type thing iirc.

Oh, he did indeed say so. I'm just hoping he reconsiders.
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

Marrow0light wrote:Once in a lifetime type thing iirc.

Hope not, cause i freakin wanna go!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

yeah a 25th anniversary party can only happen once in a lifetime.
you are only 25 once!

reincarnation doesnt count!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

The Deific NMI wrote:yeah a 25th anniversary party can only happen once in a lifetime.
you are only 25 once!

Man, always hating on the reincarnaters. ;)
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Ridley wrote:I think that is the Question on everyone's Mind. Will this be a yearly thing like GenCon? Or will it happen agian on the 30th anniversery?

Maybe, was what I last heard, but as to "when" that's up in the air, if ever.

I was surprised...for a gathering, it was pretty well organized. Sure it had it's problems and wasn't perfect...but, I was impressed with how well they did.

Ya know, the atmosphere was excellent there as well. FOr example, i left my Items a table by themselves all day saturday, and not once did I get the feeling they may be stolen, and sure enough, I was right. Very very friendly atmosphere.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

dark brandon wrote:

Maybe, was what I last heard, but as to "when" that's up in the air, if ever.

I was surprised...for a gathering, it was pretty well organized. Sure it had it's problems and wasn't perfect...but, I was impressed with how well they did.

Ya know, the atmosphere was excellent there as well. FOr example, i left my Items a table by themselves all day saturday, and not once did I get the feeling they may be stolen, and sure enough, I was right. Very very friendly atmosphere.

..I hear and second that. My laptop bag, and my "locker" bag full of RPG's, not to mention my video camera bag were sitting in one place or another out of my line of site most of the day yesterday and today and I felt completely at ease. It was just family.

..Heck, I dropped a 20 dollar bill while I was grabbing a set of uncut covers and when I came back Warwolf found it and handed it over.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Yeah, it was a great atmosphere. I did hear kevin say some stuff about doing it again (check the quote thread).
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Grey Death
Adventurer

Unread post by Grey Death »

It was a fantastic day. But I wouldn't want it every year. It wouldn't be as special.
Hale Chidduck: Do you believe in karma?
Joe Sarno: Karma's justice without the satisfaction. I don't believe in justice.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Yeah I was asked if I would be willing to return if this was a yearly event.

I would indeed return for another three day event. I'd guess it might be easier next year with (hopefully) not as many worries in the background.
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

Kevin mentioned that there was overhwhelming requests of making this happen again. I think he said every year may be too much, so he was thinking something like every other, or every five years. Then Carl Gleba mentioned it should be every four like the olympics (I think it was Carl that said it).

dark brandon wrote:Ya know, the atmosphere was excellent there as well. FOr example, i left my Items a table by themselves all day saturday, and not once did I get the feeling they may be stolen, and sure enough, I was right. Very very friendly atmosphere.

Yeah, Allen and I kept leaving our table with all the original artwork laid out to go look at Kent Burles' and Scott Johnson's stuff and never even had a bit of concern. Although I did feel bad I wasn't there to answer questions when someone would look through the pieces, though.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Another slight problem was the GM check in, but the great old one known as Midnght, The Web Wolfen quickly fixed that. Thanx for the GM shirt!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

MADMANMIKE wrote:...Heck, I dropped a 20 dollar bill while I was grabbing a set of uncut covers and when I came back Warwolf found it and handed it over.

-Mike >8]

And here I told Warwolf to turn over any loose cash to me. So much for that idea. 8)
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Danger wrote:
MADMANMIKE wrote:...Heck, I dropped a 20 dollar bill while I was grabbing a set of uncut covers and when I came back Warwolf found it and handed it over.

-Mike >8]

And here I told Warwolf to turn over any loose cash to me. So much for that idea. 8)

You know, of all places, I was standing on it...

I would have Danger, but it was his last $20 and he had to get home... and I sure didn't want to drive that crazy person back across four states. :P :lol:

Anyway, the response I got from Kathy Simmons made it seem as if Kevin were greatly considering it. However, she told me that it pretty much ate up three weeks of Kevin's time. Not the most conducived to an already beleagured production schedule.

But GOD was it a great time! :D
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chuck Lang »

The Deific NMI wrote:yeah a 25th anniversary party can only happen once in a lifetime.
you are only 25 once!

And you're only 26, and 27, and 28, and 29, etc. once in a lifetime (if you catch my drift).

I know I'd like to attend one of these in the future; unfortunately there was no way I could attend this one.

Return to “Palladium Open House”