For those who can't be here...

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Wayne Smith
OLD ONE

For those who can't be here...

Unread post by Wayne Smith »

Listen to this:
http://69.65.97.220:8000/listen.pls

This is a live audio feed from the seminar area here at the Open House.

Watch the chat rooms later, and maybe you can take part in the discussions...

(You may need WinAmp, iTunes, or a special plug-in for Windows Media Player to listen to this feed.)

Wayne Smith
Palladium Books
Last edited by Wayne Smith on Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

cool, thanks. Of course I've gotta work now, but cool! :)
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

Listening in from Huber Heights Ohio. :ok:
Last edited by Preacher on Sat May 06, 2006 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
The Raven
Explorer

Unread post by The Raven »

Listening from Utah. I wish I could have gone.
"Women and Cats will do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it."
-- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love, Lazarus Long

Carl Gleba wrote:Well said Raven :ok:
Wayne Smith
OLD ONE

Rodney Stott wrote:really enjoyed the Freelancer Panel talk, a great insight into the current batch of minds there.

Suggestion, with the Meet Kevin Kevien Siembieda and Company on Sunday, could they be logged into a chat session at the same time, so people could ask questions, say hello, and take part while not actually present.

That was the initial plan (just not yet implemented). I'll try to have it worked out for that panel tomorrow.

Wayne Smith
Palladium Books
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

Actualy no we dont know why your on the pannel either! :-P
冠双
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Sorry bout that, someone said Im not sure why Im here I just wrote one book, and while the moddesty was nice to hear, I dont think he realised he was siiting so close to an open mike .
冠双
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

I loved that first question to Kevin. :P :lol: :D
Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

I'm right here, what did they mean "Where's Maryann?"

I couldn't be there this weekend because I had to work. It would have been a 2 1/2 hour drive after working most of the day so I just couldn't make it, sorry guys, maybe I'll see ya'll at Gen con.
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Preacher
Hero

I think DLDC is presenting Coalition of Magic to Kevin right now!!!!! 4:04 pm Eastern.
Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

Zachary The First wrote:
Preacher wrote:I think DLDC is presenting Coalition of Magic to Kevin right now!!!!! 4:04 pm Eastern.

Was that was the pitch was at the end? I couldn't quite make it all out. That's cool. :)

Yup that was Irving and Rae :)
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly

KillingMachine
D-Bee

Unread post by KillingMachine »

Thanks a lot for doing the webcast. I'm finding it quite enjoyable and interesting.
Drakenred®™©
Champion

just some thoughts on the pogcast

I do have to agree with Kev to the extend that Kev had his way of presenting the game and others have their Ideas as to how things should be, (or in the case of something like LOTD how things were)

Lets take Robotec for example, to me I dont have any problem with items like bringing in real world weapons like a Maveric missle into the game, However my version would be able to reduce a Zentradi re-entry pod with one shot given the previously published games statistics, (It would also be usless against most battlepods but thats another set of rules) and 1-2 would be able to wreck most of the 1D6X1000 bunkers made from wrecked Zentradi cruisers

But then thats the kind of game I tend to play, where a Tank gun is mostly used against other tanks and is as mutch overkill in taking out someone in body armor as using the M-1s main gun to take out some twit standing in the middle of a street hoseing off with a AK.

But then I refer to things as special efects, (for example, the MAC serries is a special efect, you fire thoes 16 inch shells at anything and it conects its bascialy gone.(which is one of the reasons I keep MACs out the the hands of my robotech players)

with Rifts, I had to abandon earth and move my game off world, in fact my game is soo far removed from any world that they are literaly in one of Literatures BDOs, yes theirs still Wilks and NG and others, but its not set on earth but one hudge space station. (yes theirs a Coalition states as well)

How big

Lets just say that is over 3'000'000 times the surface area of earth, and has an artificial sun

and has its own day night cycle, and "moons"

And yes, theirs "gods" (from Palladium fantasy and Rifts) or people who have the same name and powers as gods, only, they realy dont want you to worship them because they know what happend to the last Zeus when he tried to get worshipers. (note that the station dosent have a problem with Followers though!)
冠双
Wayne Smith
OLD ONE

Just a programming note :P :

The artist panel is happening right now; it got started an hour late.
The Game Design panel will happen sometime tomorrow. I've put it on the schedule for 1:00 pm, but we'll see.

Thanks for listening, everyone. Glad you've enjoyed it.
Wayne Smith
Palladium Books
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Wayne Smith wrote:Just a programming note :P :

The artist panel is happening right now; it got started an hour late.
The Game Design panel will happen sometime tomorrow. I've put it on the schedule for 1:00 pm, but we'll see.

Thanks for listening, everyone. Glad you've enjoyed it.
Wayne Smith
Palladium Books

Hmm anyone know of a way/or is recording the stream? I'd like to hear what folks say at the game design panel but I'll be at work till 7 tomorrow evening.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Preacher
Hero

Can anyone who might see this tonight at the hotel who will be back tomorrow ask Kevin about the Palladium Quick and Dirty combat rules he mentioned a while back?

Something about faster combat rules quick and dirty version to speed up combat.

Please & Thank You!!! :)
Preacher
Hero

Zachary The First wrote:I'm listening to the Artist's Discussion right now on shoutcast radio! If you have WinAmp, you can do a search for "Palladium" and it should pop up. :ok:

Um, Huh?

I been listening all day but for an hour to run errands and never heard it while Kevin was on.
Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

Zachary The First wrote:Thanks for the update, guys--you're doing great! :) And yep, still, listening....

Wayne said Hi to you Zach I don't know if you heard him.

Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

:ok:

I might not be able to attend the Open House or Astrally Project and play Palladium voyeur all weekend, but I can at least hear official Open House chatter. :)

Now if only I could understand more than 1 word in every 3 spoken. :(
Drakenred®™©
Champion

good night!
冠双
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

First off, Palladium, you guys rock for considering the fans that couldn't attend.

Secondly, any chance you guys made any audio recordings so those who are visiting their mothers (me) can listen at a later time?
The Phoenix is Coming!
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

Weird I cannot get the audio link to run. I might not be set up to handle it. Hope their is a wriiten transcript of what happened and that will be posted on the internet.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Preacher
Hero

WorldofRifts wrote:First off, Palladium, you guys rock for considering the fans that couldn't attend.

Secondly, any chance you guys made any audio recordings so those who are visiting their mothers (me) can listen at a later time?

Yes and a special thanks to Mr Thom Bartold and Wayne Smith who more than likely are the two gents responsible for the technical aspects of the broadcast. Thanks Guys!!!
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

I was unable to hear or understand a blessed thing :(
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Much easier to understand what's being said today. Did they hot glue microphones to everyone? Or did they use staples?

Edit #1: I'd so play a Palladium Smurf game...
Wayne Smith
OLD ONE

Well, I think that's going to be all there is. The Open House will run for another three hours or so, but I don't think there are going to be any more panels.

For those of you who missed them, I archived most of them (the last one got over-written because of a glitch; I don't think I'll be able to recover it). I expect we'll make them available in some form soon.

Thanks for listening, everyone.
Wayne Smith
Palladium Books
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Wayne Smith wrote:Well, I think that's going to be all there is. The Open House will run for another three hours or so, but I don't think there are going to be any more panels.

For those of you who missed them, I archived most of them (the last one got over-written because of a glitch; I don't think I'll be able to recover it). I expect we'll make them available in some form soon.

Thanks for listening, everyone.
Wayne Smith
Palladium Books

:ok:

Thanks for not leaving us out while you guys had all the fun. :)
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Wayne Smith wrote:I archived most of them (the last one got over-written because of a glitch; I don't think I'll be able to recover it).
Is that the "game design" one? I recorded some of Saturday (half way through of Kevin on), and listened to some of the freelancer panel, but i didn't get any of Sunday... :(

:?: BTW, who was there talking about how there was not going to be a game design panel on saturday (and giving shout outs to Rodney and Zack...)??? Was that you Wayne?
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Zachary The First wrote:Man, listen to Jason go! :) Spot on, spot on.

HA! I had no idea you guys were eavesdropping. I mean, I knew it was being broadcast, but...

Anyway, what was so spot-on?

They were shooting film as well, but I realized about halfway through the Game Design panel that I was continually bumping the table on which the camera was sitting. Hopefully it doesn't give anyone motion sickness. :P
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Zachary The First wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:
Zachary The First wrote:Man, listen to Jason go! :) Spot on, spot on.

HA! I had no idea you guys were eavesdropping. I mean, I knew it was being broadcast, but...

Anyway, what was so spot-on?

They were shooting film as well, but I realized about halfway through the Game Design panel that I was continually bumping the table on which the camera was sitting. Hopefully it doesn't give anyone motion sickness. :P

When you were talking about the whole writing process earlier, when you discussed having a "place" for both and high and low-level adventurers. I liked that.

Well, to me it just makes sense. If you've got an 8th-level NPC, your characters can interact with, fight, or team up with them whether 1st or 15th level... that interaction will just be different.

But, glad you liked it.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:
Preacher wrote:I think DLDC is presenting Coalition of Magic to Kevin right now!!!!! 4:04 pm Eastern.

His eyes really lit up when I laid out that concept to him. He and I had talked a touch about it Friday night.
He has also said that if my middle east is good and not too controversial he'd be interested. Fortunately, I had a copy of that too.
Apparently he'd already read it, because Scott Johnson told me it looked so professional that I cane *that* close to getting a call from Kev's attorney! :shock:
Kev even mentioned at the game design session that he was now considering it. So here's hoping. He's got Coalition of Magic, Nightside and Midde East in his hands. And there was a LOT of talk about other stuff that he's open to someone picking up on, especially good properties that have sort of been lying fallow, like wormwood and nightbane.
It was great meeting all the freelancers, Kevin, Wayne and so many posters from these boards.
I had a blast.
Oh, and can I say that Palladium fans are the coolest, most non-geeky, segment of geek society on earth?

I have some pictures to put up as well, I need to clear out old stuff from my photobucket though. I'll do that soon.

We all heard the pitch (or at least everyone that was listening at the time). Sounded interesting ...

Wonder why Scott would mention Palladium's attorney? Kev always negotiates all author contracts himself, hummm, what did you do???? :P :eek:

MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..DOH! I walked in for a brief moment just after Kev had mentioned he'd had some bad submissions for the middle east, and as I was walking out to go to my game I saw D start to speak.

:(

..Sorry I missed that. I hope Wayne gets that audio up for download soon.

..That was my only regret this weekend, not enough time to do everything and talk to everybody.

..Still it was awesome to finally shake hands with everybody.

-Mike <8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

i had one of those pdf copies of your middle east book and it rocked big time. unfourtunelty (sp) my puter crashed and it was one of the few things i wasnt able to save. I did get to use it for about a month's worth of gaming sessions and my group loved it. cant wait to see it made official and actually have a paper copy in my hands.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I still have a PDF of your Mid East stuff. I was suppose to put it up on my site, but then life got in the way. Hopefully Kevin will seriously consider it. Now get back to your Lemuria campaign.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Palladium Open House”