Palladium Open House Dice Sets

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Would anyone else think Palladium should offer limited dice sets for the 2021 Open House?

Yes. I think that a set specifically for the 2021 Open House would be perfect.
13%
Yes. But, they should offer specific sets as well for each of their games.
31%
No. I just want a set from Palladium Books that is not specifically for the Open House.
44%
No. I have plenty of dice and don't need anymore.
No votes
You need dice to play Role Playing Games?
13%

Total votes: 16

Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Palladium Open House Dice Sets

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

Hello everyone. I think it would be a great idea for Palladium to offer a limited edition dice set at next year's open house. The one on the D6 would be replaced with something like "2021 Palladium Open House" or the Rifts logo, or the Palladium dragon. The do this at GenCon every year. Why not the Palladium Open House? There could also be non open house dice sets offered as well. The D6 could be customized to fit each game. They make Tshirts, coffee mugs, and even dice bags. Why not dice? Vote and leave you thoughts below.
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Palladium Open House Dice Sets

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I voted "You need dice...?" cause most of my gaming is online.
While IF I was going to the open house I would want a set of PF dice. But I would expect to be paying a little bit more on the reg price if they were offering them. Like as a check box that asks if you want dice with the registration for 5.99?
(pulled numbers out of the air, most dice set cost more then that.)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

I have more sets of dice than I need, but I would definitely buy a Palladium themed set if they were available. A special Palladium Books 40th anniversary set for the 2021 POH I think would be even better than a specific POH set, because it has a connection to the "anniversary" open house event, while still appealing to those who don't attend next year. Additional dice sets for all the game lines would be welcomed, if that is economically feasible, but a single set for Palladium Books as a whole would be great if not. I would get more use out a "timeless" Palladium set than an event-specific set.
If you are talking about a free set given out to all open house attendees next year that would also be great! But I don't think that it is necessary to up the ticket price - the tickets are already very expensive as it is. Any free gift would be a welcome gesture, but that doesn't mean I think that Palladium is obliged to do it!
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
GangreneTVP
D-Bee

Unread post by GangreneTVP »

I was split between 2 and 3! Voted 2... might want to change to 3. I'd like one even if I can't get there.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I would be satisfied with one dice set for all of Palladium games. I think Palladium could unveil them at the Open House. If they sell them on their online store too, I would hope they can figure out how to keep their prices competitive.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

Any new thoughts on this idea?
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

"Silver" hollow dice with a blue in blue resin so it looks like a little bit of leyline trapped inside for Rifts as well as a "gold" variant.

Hollow red metal with green tortoise shell textured resin inside for After the Bomb. Most will know what it's a nod to.

Bone colored with the numbers printed in a depression and the points extended. Crimson numbers. For PFRPG

Clear green resin dice with fetid flesh samples suspended in them for Dead Reign

Color shift dice for Nightbane both numbers and face so their opposite.

Solid metal for HU

Color change dice where the number only appear with the change for N&S
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “Palladium Open House”