Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » Palladium Open House

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: POH 2018 favorite game?
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:47 am
  

User avatar
Monk

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:59 pm
Posts: 13229
Location: Snoqualmie, WA
My favorite game was one I got to play with Greg Diaczyk that was ran by Matt Moody named "Murdering the Orient Express" it was a pretty light hearted Rifts game... or we ended turning it into that. But Greg was playing a Butter Troll and my son was playing a Horune Pirate named President Abraham Lincoln and he owned another PC that was a living plant. His pet ended up licking the butter troll and later my son's character did. Later after a murder the Sheriff and his deputy (me, I am playing a crazy wired gun slinger) get on board and the butter troll (who is some sort of technical genius) has the plasma axe, which is assumed to be the murder weapon. I approach and retrieve the weapon and... notice the wonderful cinnamon roll smell... so I lick the butter troll. So many times for the rest of the weekend either Greg's making a comment about licking him, telling the story or my son and I were either asked if we were the butter troll lickers or others over hearing the conversation commented "... oh that was YOU guys" all of which I repeatedly and often reminded... "the plant did it first". Chuck has now dubbed Greg "Butter Troll" instead of "Wayne's clone" and I'm a freaking butter troll kicker. :lol:

_________________
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper

BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid

Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech

Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus

The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:36 am
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2000 1:01 am
Posts: 1253
Location: Bowie, MD USA
Well, it's a tie for me. First was MADMAN Mike's thieves game. From what I understand, Mike had a rough outline and we just put together this super elaborate plan that I don't think any of us expected. I can't remember the names of the two guys next to me but they were fantastic, as was Peter Porcaro. It's the most elaborate and complex plan I've ever seen employed in a game. We even had back up plans that we didn't get to use.

Tied with it was Levi's Lothrel coda. Super high level dungeon crawl, that was tense for almost 5 straight hours. The highs of early luck with dice contrasted with the lows of poor rolls and a hot streak by the GM. My buddy Novell was rolling so poorly that he started rolling a d12 along with his d20 and more than half of the time the d12 was higher than the d20.

-Vek
"Oh,and James Brown is really good as a GM."

_________________
The Plot Pedant
Kim Jong Facts


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:57 am
  

User avatar
Adventurer

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 567
Location: "The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84
Glen Evans' Peacemakers game, we had a great crew and a ton of laughs all the way through, I'm regretful that my recorder missed out on part of it.

_________________
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:15 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:54 pm
Posts: 299
Location: The Devil's Gate, Missouri
My favorite game was the BTS one I ran "All Quiet of the Western....What?" But my favorite moment was in Julius's Walker Megaversal Game. I was in this drug lord's villa trying to break in to a secure door where the person we were trying to rescue was being held. My espionage agent's PS was 18 and, I wasn't making much progress. My friend Jared's character shows up with a PS of 42. He tries to break down the door. He rolls a 5. The door gives, the walls crack, but it is still holding. Julius has Jared make a perception roll. He gets a 4. I make a perception roll. I roll of 5. The we are both dumbfounded and staring at the door. The conversation goes like this:

Jared: (Staring at the door) I don't understand. This has never happened to me before.
Me: This has never happened to you before.
Jared: I know!

_________________
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:32 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:09 pm
Posts: 3607
Location: Plymouth, CT
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.
I really enjoyed Greg Diaczyk's Hardware Unlimited game. It really whet my appetite for the (hopefully) eventual release of Hardware Unlimited.

_________________
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Image

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | New Temporal Magic
Rifts random encounters | New Elemental Magic | Lore: Superhuman

OK, Boomer.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:38 pm
  

User avatar
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2002 2:01 am
Posts: 3158
Location: LaPorte, In USA
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775
zerombr wrote:
Glen Evans' Peacemakers game, we had a great crew and a ton of laughs all the way through, I'm regretful that my recorder missed out on part of it.


Fantastic game I must say. Well played.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:36 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 12:20 am
Posts: 446
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Glistam wrote:
I really enjoyed Greg Diaczyk's Hardware Unlimited game. It really whet my appetite for the (hopefully) eventual release of Hardware Unlimited.

What day did you play that on?

_________________
Image


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:40 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 258
Jason Richards Arzno game was fun, seeing him destroy his own world.. priceless ;)

Reelman (James) ran a Super Fun CS game with a big awesome map, lots of fun.

_________________
Dan Frederick
https://www.deviantart.com/dan-frederick
Freelancer & Fan


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:44 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:09 pm
Posts: 3607
Location: Plymouth, CT
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.
Jack Burton wrote:
Glistam wrote:
I really enjoyed Greg Diaczyk's Hardware Unlimited game. It really whet my appetite for the (hopefully) eventual release of Hardware Unlimited.

What day did you play that on?

Friday night.

_________________
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Image

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | New Temporal Magic
Rifts random encounters | New Elemental Magic | Lore: Superhuman

OK, Boomer.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:34 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 9:52 pm
Posts: 367
Location: Spreading the love of Palladium Books
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.
Fell wrote:
Jason Richards Arzno game was fun, seeing him destroy his own world.. priceless ;)

Reelman (James) ran a Super Fun CS game with a big awesome map, lots of fun.


Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed it!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:58 pm
  

User avatar
Monk

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:59 pm
Posts: 13229
Location: Snoqualmie, WA
Reelman wrote:
Fell wrote:
Jason Richards Arzno game was fun, seeing him destroy his own world.. priceless ;)

Reelman (James) ran a Super Fun CS game with a big awesome map, lots of fun.


Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed it!


Hey Jason what was up with that other GM group that was mentioned during closing ceremonies? Why aren't they MAs why are they supported by KS instead of suggested to merge? And when is someone going to tell me if the King County area in WA has an MA?

_________________
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper

BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid

Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech

Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus

The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:46 pm
  

D-Bee

Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 3:13 pm
Posts: 5
My favorite game was Matt Moody's After The Bomb game Saturday night.
He brought a lot of energy and excitement, which was contagious.
I was concerned because of the kids, but actually it would've been less fun without them.
"Octopus style!" *waves arms around*


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:42 am
  

User avatar
Monk

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:59 pm
Posts: 13229
Location: Snoqualmie, WA
Razur wrote:
My favorite game was Matt Moody's After The Bomb game Saturday night.
He brought a lot of energy and excitement, which was contagious.
I was concerned because of the kids, but actually it would've been less fun without them.
"Octopus style!" *waves arms around*

Matt is energy and excitement. If he didn't bring it I'd be worried. I've never had a more hyper "eccentric" BtS GM... of course the humor of this Cthuluesque game was probably amped up by Auntie :)

_________________
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper

BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid

Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech

Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus

The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:32 pm
  

User avatar
Adventurer

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2001 1:01 am
Posts: 638
Location: Natick, MA
Veknironth wrote:
Well, it's a tie for me. First was MADMAN Mike's thieves game. From what I understand, Mike had a rough outline and we just put together this super elaborate plan that I don't think any of us expected. I can't remember the names of the two guys next to me but they were fantastic, as was Peter Porcaro. It's the most elaborate and complex plan I've ever seen employed in a game. We even had back up plans that we didn't get to use.

Tied with it was Levi's Lothrel coda. Super high level dungeon crawl, that was tense for almost 5 straight hours. The highs of early luck with dice contrasted with the lows of poor rolls and a hot streak by the GM. My buddy Novell was rolling so poorly that he started rolling a d12 along with his d20 and more than half of the time the d12 was higher than the d20.

-Vek
"Oh,and James Brown is really good as a GM."


Veknironth- Thanks for the praise, man, it was a blast playing in Mike's game with you guys! It's true, there were backup plans, comic relief (can anyone say "backflipping dwarf off a balcony while juggling knives that goes horribly wrong in THE most hysterical way possible?!"), over-the-top roleplaying, and kick-ass fights!

Best- Grand Paladin, aka Peter

_________________
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group