Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » Palladium Open House

Post subject: Countdown to Open House!
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:12 pm

Palladin

Only 10 days to go! So starting today I will be counting down the remaining day! So here is the first: 10!

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:02 am

Hero

Well, I hope someone from Palladium Books is aware of this so they can put out the list of games.

-Vek
"I'd like to plan what games my friends and I will play in."

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:20 pm

Palladin

9 days to go!

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:21 pm

Palladin

Veknironth wrote:
Well, I hope someone from Palladium Books is aware of this so they can put out the list of games.

-Vek
"I'd like to plan what games my friends and I will play in."

With RTT, it might have been put on the back burner. Though I too, hope they put out a list soon.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:44 pm

Hero

Well, I understand it was put on the back burner. But the event will be a catastrophe if there is no schedule of games.

-Vek
"Planning is important."

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:23 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Veknironth wrote:
Well, I understand it was put on the back burner. But the event will be a catastrophe if there is no schedule of games.

Starting to get nervous.... :(

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:24 pm

Monk

Veknironth wrote:

-Vek
"Planning is important."

2009 I didn't know till I was looking at the sign up sheets at the warehouse.

BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid

Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech

Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus

The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:26 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Veknironth wrote:

-Vek
"Planning is important."

2009 I didn't know till I was looking at the sign up sheets at the warehouse.

OK, feeling better. :-D

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:26 pm

Monk

Jack Burton wrote:
Veknironth wrote:

Hey bud at worst we'll be in a giant chaotic group of gamers that'll eventually turn into a bunch of pick up games. I could think of worse ways of spending a weekend.

Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:47 pm

Palladin

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:
Veknironth wrote:

Hey bud at worst we'll be in a giant chaotic group of gamers that'll eventually turn into a bunch of pick up games. I could think of worse ways of spending a weekend.

True. And now 8 to go!

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:50 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:
Veknironth wrote:

Ya, but my wife is the wild card. Every year, we go on a vacation somewhere without the kids and it's shaping up that this will be our yearly getaway. She's NOT a gamer and when I Googled pictures of past open houses so she could get an idea of what to expect, her half-joking and somewhat alarmed response was, "So for our vacation, you're taking me to a warehouse in Detroit to play role playing games for four days? You're fired!" That's when I told her it was her fault for actually taking me up on a courtesy invite. We both got a laugh out of that.

I can live with it if it turns out to be a mess for the exact reason you stated.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:30 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.
Veknironth wrote:

-Vek
"Planning is important."

No worries. I talked to Kev earlier this week. I'm assuming Wayne is going to put it together soon, but if he doesn't get the time I've offered my services like I did several years ago (can't remember which OH that was now that I think about it). So, one way or another, there should be a schedule done by the OH. :wink:

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:47 pm

Palladin

Warwolf wrote:
Veknironth wrote:

-Vek
"Planning is important."

No worries. I talked to Kev earlier this week. I'm assuming Wayne is going to put it together soon, but if he doesn't get the time I've offered my services like I did several years ago (can't remember which OH that was now that I think about it). So, one way or another, there should be a schedule done by the OH. :wink:

Good to hear that. Just do it like its been done the last couple of times. IMO, that was the best way to do it.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:49 am

Hero

Well, let me vote to not do it as it has been done in the past. Everyone storming the sign up board with sharpened pencils when the sheets are put up is a trifle dangerous, and it forces people to stop the game they're in and to run to the board to sign up for whatever is left by the time they arrive. Inevitably, there will be games added and subtracted so the schedule can't be set in stone, but having some idea before arriving would be helpful. Personally, I'm coming with 3 friends from other states and I'd like to be sure we all get in the same games together as best I can.

-Vek
"Or, for fun, post the sign up sheets at unexpected times, in unexpected locations. But certainly have it on a horizontal surface."

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:32 am

D-Bee

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Hero

Well, before anyone asks, Arynews is not my burner account.

-Vek
"One post so far, and it's an exact quote. I know it looks suspicious."

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:32 pm

Monk

Veknironth wrote:
Well, let me vote to not do it as it has been done in the past. Everyone storming the sign up board with sharpened pencils when the sheets are put up is a trifle dangerous, and it forces people to stop the game they're in and to run to the board to sign up for whatever is left by the time they arrive. Inevitably, there will be games added and subtracted so the schedule can't be set in stone, but having some idea before arriving would be helpful. Personally, I'm coming with 3 friends from other states and I'd like to be sure we all get in the same games together as best I can.

-Vek
"Or, for fun, post the sign up sheets at unexpected times, in unexpected locations. But certainly have it on a horizontal surface."

Bah... where's the thrill in a pencilless rush?

Besides it makes more sense that those who attend VIP get first dibs rather than whomever is lucky enough to log on when they post the schedule.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:45 pm

Hero

Well, before, VIP got first dibs because all of the games were available to sign up. But last time, the VIP only let you sign up for Friday morning.

-Vek
"If I can sign up for everything Thursday night, swell."

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:20 am

Palladin

Man, got sick, so I forgot about yesterday, so 7 and 6!

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:26 pm

Monk

Veknironth wrote:
Well, before, VIP got first dibs because all of the games were available to sign up. But last time, the VIP only let you sign up for Friday morning.

-Vek

Okay sounds fair ;)

It would be nice though to know before sign up what the heck one wants to sign up for though. Like a game catalogue with a short description maybe even pictures of they've been ran at past events with u pique mechanics like the one person who had the scenery and miniatures at POH '09

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:50 pm

Palladin

5! And it looks like we might get a list on Sun.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:24 am

Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Veknironth wrote:

-Vek

Okay sounds fair ;)

It would be nice though to know before sign up what the heck one wants to sign up for though. Like a game catalogue with a short description maybe even pictures of they've been ran at past events with u pique mechanics like the one person who had the scenery and miniatures at POH '09

Both my events this year with minis/terrain note that in the description I submitted. Pretty sure I did at least an event or two at every Open House with minis/terrain, definitively in 09 and I know Carmen has done minis/terrain games at least twice, the one in 11, my little guy got to Godzilla the setup on Sunday. I have some teaser pics of my terrain for this year in the OH group on facebook and I posed pics of the play test last night.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:10 am

Monk

Reelman wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Veknironth wrote:

-Vek

Okay sounds fair ;)

Both my events this year with minis/terrain note that in the description I submitted. Pretty sure I did at least an event or two at every Open House with minis/terrain, definitively in 09 and I know Carmen has done minis/terrain games at least twice, the one in 11, my little guy got to Godzilla the setup on Sunday. I have some teaser pics of my terrain for this year in the OH group on facebook and I posed pics of the play test last night.

It was a PFRPG that a lady was running I had played. But glad to know there are others too.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Zer0 Kay wrote:

It was a PFRPG that a lady was running I had played. But glad to know there are others too.

That was Randy, she had a nice Dwarven Forge setup.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:02 pm

Palladin

Reelman wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Veknironth wrote:

-Vek

Okay sounds fair ;)

A link if possible. And 4!

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Here you go: https://goo.gl/PUqGWf

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:52 pm

Palladin

Reelman wrote:

Nice! And 3! Getting excited! :D

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:10 pm

Palladin

2! I'm on pins and needles!

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:27 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Alpha 11 wrote:
2! I'm on pins and needles!

Hehehehehe

9 hours from now I’ll be in the air. On my way. :)

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:36 pm

Hero

Well, I'll see you guys there tomorrow.

-Vek
"And I'm not alone."

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:47 am

Adventurer

Totally jealous of all you guys - wish I could be there. Would have loved to meet up again with everyone that I chatted to and/or gamed with at previous Open Houses! Here's hoping you all have a fantastic time! Game on!

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:48 am

Monk

And I'm here... now

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:58 pm

Palladin

:lol: Missed my last entry to this! Was so excited and busy doing last minute packing that I forgot to post! So 1 and 0! It was a great OH!

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:34 am

D-Bee

Good information is encouraged to do this great content anyway