Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » Palladium Open House

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Countdown to Open House!
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:12 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:14 pm
Posts: 9219
Location: Northwood, ND
Only 10 days to go! So starting today I will be counting down the remaining day! So here is the first: 10!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:02 am
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2000 1:01 am
Posts: 1255
Location: Bowie, MD USA
Well, I hope someone from Palladium Books is aware of this so they can put out the list of games.

-Vek
"I'd like to plan what games my friends and I will play in."

_________________
The Plot Pedant
Kim Jong Facts


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:20 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:14 pm
Posts: 9219
Location: Northwood, ND
9 days to go!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:21 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:14 pm
Posts: 9219
Location: Northwood, ND
Veknironth wrote:
Well, I hope someone from Palladium Books is aware of this so they can put out the list of games.

-Vek
"I'd like to plan what games my friends and I will play in."


With RTT, it might have been put on the back burner. Though I too, hope they put out a list soon.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:44 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2000 1:01 am
Posts: 1255
Location: Bowie, MD USA
Well, I understand it was put on the back burner. But the event will be a catastrophe if there is no schedule of games.

-Vek
"Planning is important."

_________________
The Plot Pedant
Kim Jong Facts


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:23 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 12:20 am
Posts: 446
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Veknironth wrote:
Well, I understand it was put on the back burner. But the event will be a catastrophe if there is no schedule of games.

Starting to get nervous.... :(

_________________
Image


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:24 pm
  

User avatar
Monk

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:59 pm
Posts: 13230
Location: Snoqualmie, WA
Veknironth wrote:
Well, I understand it was put on the back burner. But the event will be a catastrophe if there is no schedule of games.

-Vek
"Planning is important."

2009 I didn't know till I was looking at the sign up sheets at the warehouse.

_________________
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper

BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid

Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech

Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus

The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:26 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 12:20 am
Posts: 446
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Veknironth wrote:
Well, I understand it was put on the back burner. But the event will be a catastrophe if there is no schedule of games.

-Vek
"Planning is important."

2009 I didn't know till I was looking at the sign up sheets at the warehouse.

OK, feeling better. :-D

_________________
Image


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:26 pm
  

User avatar
Monk

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:59 pm
Posts: 13230
Location: Snoqualmie, WA
Jack Burton wrote:
Veknironth wrote:
Well, I understand it was put on the back burner. But the event will be a catastrophe if there is no schedule of games.

Starting to get nervous.... :(


Hey bud at worst we'll be in a giant chaotic group of gamers that'll eventually turn into a bunch of pick up games. I could think of worse ways of spending a weekend.

_________________
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper

BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid

Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech

Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus

The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:47 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:14 pm
Posts: 9219
Location: Northwood, ND
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:
Veknironth wrote:
Well, I understand it was put on the back burner. But the event will be a catastrophe if there is no schedule of games.

Starting to get nervous.... :(


Hey bud at worst we'll be in a giant chaotic group of gamers that'll eventually turn into a bunch of pick up games. I could think of worse ways of spending a weekend.


True. And now 8 to go!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:50 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 12:20 am
Posts: 446
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:
Veknironth wrote:
Well, I understand it was put on the back burner. But the event will be a catastrophe if there is no schedule of games.

Starting to get nervous.... :(


Hey bud at worst we'll be in a giant chaotic group of gamers that'll eventually turn into a bunch of pick up games. I could think of worse ways of spending a weekend.

Ya, but my wife is the wild card. Every year, we go on a vacation somewhere without the kids and it's shaping up that this will be our yearly getaway. She's NOT a gamer and when I Googled pictures of past open houses so she could get an idea of what to expect, her half-joking and somewhat alarmed response was, "So for our vacation, you're taking me to a warehouse in Detroit to play role playing games for four days? You're fired!" That's when I told her it was her fault for actually taking me up on a courtesy invite. We both got a laugh out of that.

I can live with it if it turns out to be a mess for the exact reason you stated.

_________________
Image


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:30 pm
  

User avatar
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:25 pm
Posts: 3120
Location: South of the Devil's Gate (St. Louis, MO)
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.
Veknironth wrote:
Well, I understand it was put on the back burner. But the event will be a catastrophe if there is no schedule of games.

-Vek
"Planning is important."


No worries. I talked to Kev earlier this week. I'm assuming Wayne is going to put it together soon, but if he doesn't get the time I've offered my services like I did several years ago (can't remember which OH that was now that I think about it). So, one way or another, there should be a schedule done by the OH. :wink:

_________________
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:47 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:14 pm
Posts: 9219
Location: Northwood, ND
Warwolf wrote:
Veknironth wrote:
Well, I understand it was put on the back burner. But the event will be a catastrophe if there is no schedule of games.

-Vek
"Planning is important."


No worries. I talked to Kev earlier this week. I'm assuming Wayne is going to put it together soon, but if he doesn't get the time I've offered my services like I did several years ago (can't remember which OH that was now that I think about it). So, one way or another, there should be a schedule done by the OH. :wink:


Good to hear that. Just do it like its been done the last couple of times. IMO, that was the best way to do it.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:49 am
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2000 1:01 am
Posts: 1255
Location: Bowie, MD USA
Well, let me vote to not do it as it has been done in the past. Everyone storming the sign up board with sharpened pencils when the sheets are put up is a trifle dangerous, and it forces people to stop the game they're in and to run to the board to sign up for whatever is left by the time they arrive. Inevitably, there will be games added and subtracted so the schedule can't be set in stone, but having some idea before arriving would be helpful. Personally, I'm coming with 3 friends from other states and I'd like to be sure we all get in the same games together as best I can.

-Vek
"Or, for fun, post the sign up sheets at unexpected times, in unexpected locations. But certainly have it on a horizontal surface."

_________________
The Plot Pedant
Kim Jong Facts


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:32 am
  

D-Bee

Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:19 am
Posts: 1
Well, I understand it was put on the back burner. But the event will be a catastrophe if there is no schedule of games.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:29 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2000 1:01 am
Posts: 1255
Location: Bowie, MD USA
Well, before anyone asks, Arynews is not my burner account.

-Vek
"One post so far, and it's an exact quote. I know it looks suspicious."

_________________
The Plot Pedant
Kim Jong Facts


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:32 pm
  

User avatar
Monk

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:59 pm
Posts: 13230
Location: Snoqualmie, WA
Veknironth wrote:
Well, let me vote to not do it as it has been done in the past. Everyone storming the sign up board with sharpened pencils when the sheets are put up is a trifle dangerous, and it forces people to stop the game they're in and to run to the board to sign up for whatever is left by the time they arrive. Inevitably, there will be games added and subtracted so the schedule can't be set in stone, but having some idea before arriving would be helpful. Personally, I'm coming with 3 friends from other states and I'd like to be sure we all get in the same games together as best I can.

-Vek
"Or, for fun, post the sign up sheets at unexpected times, in unexpected locations. But certainly have it on a horizontal surface."


Bah... where's the thrill in a pencilless rush?

Besides it makes more sense that those who attend VIP get first dibs rather than whomever is lucky enough to log on when they post the schedule.

_________________
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper

BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid

Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech

Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus

The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:45 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2000 1:01 am
Posts: 1255
Location: Bowie, MD USA
Well, before, VIP got first dibs because all of the games were available to sign up. But last time, the VIP only let you sign up for Friday morning.

-Vek
"If I can sign up for everything Thursday night, swell."

_________________
The Plot Pedant
Kim Jong Facts


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:20 am
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:14 pm
Posts: 9219
Location: Northwood, ND
Man, got sick, so I forgot about yesterday, so 7 and 6!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:26 pm
  

User avatar
Monk

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:59 pm
Posts: 13230
Location: Snoqualmie, WA
Veknironth wrote:
Well, before, VIP got first dibs because all of the games were available to sign up. But last time, the VIP only let you sign up for Friday morning.

-Vek
"If I can sign up for everything Thursday night, swell."


Okay sounds fair ;)

It would be nice though to know before sign up what the heck one wants to sign up for though. Like a game catalogue with a short description maybe even pictures of they've been ran at past events with u pique mechanics like the one person who had the scenery and miniatures at POH '09

_________________
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper

BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid

Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech

Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus

The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:50 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:14 pm
Posts: 9219
Location: Northwood, ND
5! And it looks like we might get a list on Sun.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:24 am
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 9:52 pm
Posts: 367
Location: Spreading the love of Palladium Books
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Veknironth wrote:
Well, before, VIP got first dibs because all of the games were available to sign up. But last time, the VIP only let you sign up for Friday morning.

-Vek
"If I can sign up for everything Thursday night, swell."


Okay sounds fair ;)

It would be nice though to know before sign up what the heck one wants to sign up for though. Like a game catalogue with a short description maybe even pictures of they've been ran at past events with u pique mechanics like the one person who had the scenery and miniatures at POH '09


Both my events this year with minis/terrain note that in the description I submitted. Pretty sure I did at least an event or two at every Open House with minis/terrain, definitively in 09 and I know Carmen has done minis/terrain games at least twice, the one in 11, my little guy got to Godzilla the setup on Sunday. I have some teaser pics of my terrain for this year in the OH group on facebook and I posed pics of the play test last night.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:10 am
  

User avatar
Monk

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:59 pm
Posts: 13230
Location: Snoqualmie, WA
Reelman wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Veknironth wrote:
Well, before, VIP got first dibs because all of the games were available to sign up. But last time, the VIP only let you sign up for Friday morning.

-Vek
"If I can sign up for everything Thursday night, swell."


Okay sounds fair ;)

It would be nice though to know before sign up what the heck one wants to sign up for though. Like a game catalogue with a short description maybe even pictures of they've been ran at past events with u pique mechanics like the one person who had the scenery and miniatures at POH '09


Both my events this year with minis/terrain note that in the description I submitted. Pretty sure I did at least an event or two at every Open House with minis/terrain, definitively in 09 and I know Carmen has done minis/terrain games at least twice, the one in 11, my little guy got to Godzilla the setup on Sunday. I have some teaser pics of my terrain for this year in the OH group on facebook and I posed pics of the play test last night.


It was a PFRPG that a lady was running I had played. But glad to know there are others too.

_________________
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper

BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid

Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech

Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus

The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:23 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 9:52 pm
Posts: 367
Location: Spreading the love of Palladium Books
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.
Zer0 Kay wrote:

It was a PFRPG that a lady was running I had played. But glad to know there are others too.


That was Randy, she had a nice Dwarven Forge setup.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:02 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:14 pm
Posts: 9219
Location: Northwood, ND
Reelman wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Veknironth wrote:
Well, before, VIP got first dibs because all of the games were available to sign up. But last time, the VIP only let you sign up for Friday morning.

-Vek
"If I can sign up for everything Thursday night, swell."


Okay sounds fair ;)

It would be nice though to know before sign up what the heck one wants to sign up for though. Like a game catalogue with a short description maybe even pictures of they've been ran at past events with u pique mechanics like the one person who had the scenery and miniatures at POH '09


Both my events this year with minis/terrain note that in the description I submitted. Pretty sure I did at least an event or two at every Open House with minis/terrain, definitively in 09 and I know Carmen has done minis/terrain games at least twice, the one in 11, my little guy got to Godzilla the setup on Sunday. I have some teaser pics of my terrain for this year in the OH group on facebook and I posed pics of the play test last night.


A link if possible. And 4!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:35 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 9:52 pm
Posts: 367
Location: Spreading the love of Palladium Books
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.
Here you go: https://goo.gl/PUqGWf


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:52 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:14 pm
Posts: 9219
Location: Northwood, ND
Reelman wrote:


Nice! And 3! Getting excited! :D


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:10 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:14 pm
Posts: 9219
Location: Northwood, ND
2! I'm on pins and needles!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:27 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 258
Alpha 11 wrote:
2! I'm on pins and needles!



Hehehehehe

9 hours from now I’ll be in the air. On my way. :)

_________________
Dan Frederick
https://www.deviantart.com/dan-frederick
Freelancer & Fan


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:36 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2000 1:01 am
Posts: 1255
Location: Bowie, MD USA
Well, I'll see you guys there tomorrow.

-Vek
"And I'm not alone."

_________________
The Plot Pedant
Kim Jong Facts


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:47 am
  

User avatar
Adventurer

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:32 am
Posts: 720
Location: Great Britain
Totally jealous of all you guys - wish I could be there. Would have loved to meet up again with everyone that I chatted to and/or gamed with at previous Open Houses! Here's hoping you all have a fantastic time! Game on!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:48 am
  

User avatar
Monk

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:59 pm
Posts: 13230
Location: Snoqualmie, WA
And I'm here... now

_________________
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper

BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid

Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech

Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus

The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:58 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:14 pm
Posts: 9219
Location: Northwood, ND
:lol: Missed my last entry to this! Was so excited and busy doing last minute packing that I forgot to post! So 1 and 0! It was a great OH!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:34 am
  

D-Bee

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:25 am
Posts: 2
Good information is encouraged to do this great content anyway

_________________
แทงบอลเว็บไหนดี


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group