Coming from central Wisconsin!

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Veknironth
Hero

Re: Coming from central Wisconsin!

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I've wanted pre-reg for a while, but I think the schedule is fluid so they don't do it that way. Last time, you would be in a morning game and the afternoon game sign-up would be posted and people would leave the table and flock to the board. Then it was shoulder to shoulder with people trying to sign up for favored games. Inelegant, unfair, and probably a little dangerous. Even if there is online sign up there will be people who are left out. There could also be people signing up for everything just in case. This could happen with the paper and pencil but it's less likely with a throng of people behind you. Still, I think registering before hand is the best way to go about it.

-Vek
"Thursday night attendees receive a chance to sign up for the Fri morning games unmolested, more or less."
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I believe (but could be wrong) that VIP Night attendees can prereg for events across the weekend on Thursday. I sorta remember pre-regging for everything that night the two times when I went.

But I would not stress it. You will be in many good games regardless.

There will be pickup games and pre-planned games at the hotel, and loads of games at the warehouse, including last minute changes which always happen as GMs cancel because real life got dorky and someone else jumps into the slot.
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, last time what you could do was register for the Friday morning games Thursday night, but that was it. The schedules weren't out until the segment before. So Friday evening wasn't out until Friday afternoon and Saturday morning wasn't out until Friday evening.

-Vek
"I'd much prefer to be able to sign up on-line before arriving."

Return to “Palladium Open House”