Road trip question - how do toll booths work?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Asta
D-Bee

Road trip question - how do toll booths work?

Unread post by Asta »

Hi all,

I will be travelling through Illinois specifically to the open house and need to know if they accept only cash or credit cards. Are the surrounding states charging tolls on their roads as well?

Thanks!
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Re: Road trip question - how do toll booths work?

Unread post by Phaze »

Illinois works on a charge per toll booth... each toll is independent. You can use cash in the cash lanes only...Don't try to go through the I-Pass lanes, you could get stuck. I don't know about the charge card, I have never used it. Once in Indiana, you can take I-94 through to Michigan and it will take you into the Detroit area with no tolls. Stay off of the Indiana Toll Road I-90. It goes too far south to be quicker, you'll end up in Toledo and have to travel north, all for the cost of around 12 bucks.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher

Return to “Palladium Open House”