Gauging interest...

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Gauging interest...

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Hi all!

I'm thinking that if PB lets me take my Rifts board game to the '15 POH (which is likely since they let me take it to the last two, but not a foregone conclusion) I was thinking it might be fun to run a 'last-man-standing' type of tournament with it, with the winner of the games on Friday competing against each other on Saturday, etc. The prize(s) for the winner(s) would be a chain mail dragon - here's a link to a thread where I describe them and have a link to pictures of the one I just finished.

So, what do you all think? Would anyone be interested in playing in a board game tournament? Any thoughts on how best to run it?
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
kevarin
Adventurer

Re: Gauging interest...

Unread post by kevarin »

i loved that game at the open house and was just wondering if you would be bringing it this time

and i would be in this type of tournament could be fun
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

I've never played the game since I've never been at an open house before, but if I come to the next one I'll definitely give it a shot and do the tournament.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. In a word ...

Interested.

Nothing more need be said. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Played it both times, and loved it. Will definitely find time to play it this next time. So count me in!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Saw the pictures, nice.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Thanks. :)
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

have there been any updates to the game was fun last open house just wondering if we have new things to look forward too this year ?
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

kevarin wrote:have there been any updates to the game was fun last open house just wondering if we have new things to look forward too this year ?

There will be new characters to play, as well as some new and some changed obstacles.

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Looking forward to checking out your boardgame!

Return to “Palladium Open House”