A big thanks from 3/4 of the Commonwealth Convoy!

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

A big thanks from 3/4 of the Commonwealth Convoy!

Unread post by Reelman »

First, my apologies for this coming so long after the OH, was it really 2 weeks ago now? I want to extend a big thanks to everyone who played in my games. I was very lucky to have such a fun-loving crew that were awesome role-players and who got into all of my games. A special thanks to everyone that returned to my table from past OHs and conventions, I am glad you enjoy my games enough to return for an additional helping! The funniest in game exchange happened during my VIP night game when the young lady playing the mystic asked if she could cast healing touch on a decayed hand to use on a biometric scanner, great out of the box thinking and hysterical! Thanks to all the great players, the POH is my favorite place to run games because all the players are so good!

We all had such a good time, and have so many people to thank for that, this could go on longer than the OH itself. Thanks for letting my little guy participate, he got such a charge out of being part of the costume contest and taking home some hardware, it is hard to describe. He told everyone that asked that the costume contest was his favorite part and often throws in details, about fixing the soldiers (Dead Boy Officer) armor, how the scary guy (Nightbane) game him dice, when the lord gave him gems, and the fire magic trick. Thanks to the judges and audience, he is already talking about his costume for next time! I hope he was not too much of a distraction during the games I was running or in another games you were playing in. He also enjoyed driving the forklift (Thanks Wayne), goofing off with Lonnie and JD, and the balloon dragon!

Some of my out of game highlights include;

The Commonwealth Convoy and my chat with Hendrick at the gas station north of Dayton.
Seeing and getting to hangout with old friends like, Kerry Cook, the Smith brothers(special thanks for the peanut butter pretzel crack), Jason Marker, Lonnie, Hendrick, NMI, and Subbie.
We had a blast in the Friday night after action session in the board room with Amy, Jason, Brandon, the Mannings, Subbie, and everyone else that decorated the white board but next time I will pass on the Chernobyl Plum Brandy
Seeing Carmen's cool setup and the minis he made and hanging out for too short a time.
Being in the freelance photo, thanks for tracking me down Greg.
Lunch with Levi on Saturday.
Seeing MMM bounding around and how he is kicking butt in rehab.

Thanks to Kevin, Kathy, and crew for all their hard work to setup and tear down, all the volunteers and GMs for making the Open House a truly special gathering. Until next time!
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: A big thanks from 3/4 of the Commonwealth Convoy!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I had a blast too. Now it's time for me and the wife to get up to your neck of the woods for some haufbrau action.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

The Galactus Kid wrote:... haufbrau action ...

I wonder what that means, Brandon :D

Reelman wrote:after the OH, was it really 2 weeks ago now? ...

It is unbelievable that now already 3 weeks have passed since the open house. The memories are so clear - and will be for the next two years, I know, it was like that the last time - helps to get through the tougher days. It is like Christmas for children: long anticipation, utter glee on Christmas day and then surprise that it is already over, followed by more anticipation ...

Reelman wrote:The Commonwealth Convoy and my chat with Hendrick at the gas station north of Dayton.

I have enjoyed our Commonwealth Convoy *honk honk* and our gas-station-side chat immensely! Grateful for the time we had to talk and looking forward to more next time around.

I rue only that I did not play at your table, and Brandon's, Paul's and ... ok, Kevin would not have been completely bad as well :P :wink:

FLORENCE Y'ALL!

Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

One of my main goals was to play in your games this time round after having the story of how good your games were drummed into my ear over the past two years from my brother.

Well you didnt disappoint as I was in the VIP night game (and that was a great idea from the mystic!). Awesome stuff!

I also gamed with Dianne in Brandons game and I have to say that IMHO you are truly one of the nicest families Ive had the pleasure to meet. It was a privilege and an honour to meet/game with you.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited

Return to “Palladium Open House”