Hire help to setup for next OH? I would just volunteer!

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Re: Hire help to setup for next OH? I would just volunteer!

Unread post by mumah »

It's less about running it and making sure everything gets cleaned up afterward. It's mostly about the time and energy that the five of them have to personally invest while the convention is going on, which would not change even if they had an army of help. Kevin is yanked in a thousand directions, ran four or five games a day, hosted Q&As and glad-handed everyone that happened to walk past him. That's also time they have to take away from producing the next product, but I digress. I daresay they would have plenty of help if they just called out for it, because youse guys rawk.
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

I think it is some of both. Fans can volunteer and they may need a little paid for professional help.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

mumah wrote:It's less about running it and making sure everything gets cleaned up afterward. It's mostly about the time and energy that the five of them have to personally invest while the convention is going on, which would not change even if they had an army of help. Kevin is yanked in a thousand directions, ran four or five games a day, hosted Q&As and glad-handed everyone that happened to walk past him. That's also time they have to take away from producing the next product, but I digress. I daresay they would have plenty of help if they just called out for it, because youse guys rawk.

I'd be glad to help clean up and whatnot...just give me a freebie in lieu of payment. I only live 10 minutes away in Dearborn.

It was a great event, it'd be my pleasure the help the Palladium crew.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

mumah wrote:It's less about running it and making sure everything gets cleaned up afterward. It's mostly about the time and energy that the five of them have to personally invest while the convention is going on, which would not change even if they had an army of help. Kevin is yanked in a thousand directions, ran four or five games a day, hosted Q&As and glad-handed everyone that happened to walk past him. That's also time they have to take away from producing the next product, but I digress. I daresay they would have plenty of help if they just called out for it, because youse guys rawk.

I agree, they look knackered but dont want to disappoint the fans. If they announced that they would only be on site during X time and take it in shifts to supervise I am sure that 8 hour slots would be ok with the fans. Say Alex is there 7am - 3pm, Wayne 10-6, Kevin 3pm - 11pm (run a game in the afternoon, panel talk in the evening) or something similar?

And the volunteers would be a plenty to help with the physical stuff Im sure. I'll even drive the forklift.

Cant take away the planning & organising though Im afraid.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited

Return to “Palladium Open House”