Big thank you from the NGR ;-)

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Big thank you from the NGR ;-)

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi there,

it feels a bit surreal and is definitely sad that the Open House 2012 is over now. Yet, that disconcerting thought cannot overshadow the happiness of the memory of the last few days.

It was awesome (again)!

What made it so wonderful? Meeting "old" friends, making new ones (you know who you are) and 4 days of Palladium games galore - great games and conversations that carried on deep into the night (to be continued at the hotel) - heaven in a warehouse :-)

I am really happy that I finally could put a face to the forum "voice" of some of you (mrloucifer, Involved Observer and Killer Cyborg here's looking especially at you). It was great meeting you!

As daunting as it felt before (and up to the first die roll ;-) to actually GM at an OH, it was an honour and genuine pleasure to GM for (at least a few of) you. A big thank you to you who graced "my" table, you made Operation Minotaur and Squid-U-Like special for me and proved that Pally gamers are the best bunch with a dice bag (not that there was any doubt :-))). A flourish and a bow to Mike Mumah who made the beautiful "movie poster" for Operation Minotaur - great work, buddy!

GM'ing did somewhat mess up my schedule as to playing myself, but the experience and fun was worth that. I did however join in some great games:

- Ian's detective adventure "A hanging at Belimar" was a real treasure. Kudos to him for having pulled a detective adventure off at a con. Great fun ... and I still think my "knight" would have done so much better with a missile weapon ;-)

- At long last I could also sit in on a game of Innvolved Observer - Glitterboys look best when flames and explosions reflect their crome awesomeness - and I will probably never forget our good sergeant's words: "ahem, let's form a semi-circle".

- Mark Oberle's Nightbane game was, but that will not surprise anyone who ever played at his table, awesome. Warwolf really brought the horror to life. Thanks, friend!

- When the OH closed its gates, Lonnie later pulled a "cooling off" game out of his deep GM hat. Special thanks for that, it sweetened the parting. Besides, killing a smurf was just what the doctor ordered - thank you for letting me play the juicer (love 'em)!

Biggest regret? Nothing really, but that I could not play more. It would have been divine to play at Brandon's table again, especially in the NGR ;-). I am also extremely sorry not to be able to play in Paul's "Lopanic Games" which I heard were brilliant (aaarrrrgh)!

Last but not least, thank you to Kevin, Julius, Alex, Wayne, Joe and Kathy! It was just wonderful and you made it so.

Florence y'all!
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Re: Big thank you from the NGR ;-)

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Wonderful to see you again brother, may the time between now and the next go by fast.
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I was awesome having you come in from Germany to stay with me and Sarah for a little bit before the Open House. We had a blast and you are welcome ANY TIME.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Greg Diaczyk
Comment: The Official "Wayne Smith Clone"

Unread post by Greg Diaczyk »

Operation Minotaur was a "blast", again sorry I had to cut out early for other freelancer duties. But I guess you got me back when the group blew me up with dynamite and ectoplasm... :lol::
Greg Diaczyk,
"Wayne Smith Clone"
Palladium Freelance Writer and Editor

Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

It was great to see you again my friend. I will be happy for the time we had not sad that there was not more of it. Thanks for being part of the Commonwealth Convoy, Honk, Honk!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

It was great getting to meet you too, Hendrik. :ok:
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

It was my pleasure, Hendrik. And as ever, your joy and enthusiasm just makes you a pleasure to be around. There needs to be more people in the world such as you. It was an honor to see you again, though we didn't get a chance to show off pictures of our kids again.
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
The Galactus Kid

Reelman wrote:It was great to see you again my friend. I will be happy for the time we had not sad that there was not more of it. Thanks for being part of the Commonwealth Convoy, Honk, Honk!

Commonwealth Convoy. I like it. We have to keep this tradition going.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

Glad I could give some people 'one last hurrah' before the weekend ended. I was feeling it Monday morning though. Thanks for coming to America and being a part of the event, Hendrik.
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
CCollison
D-Bee
Comment: Long live the RPG gamers! Dice, pencil, paper and an collection of imaginations will make the world a better place.

Unread post by CCollison »

Thanks Hendrik for running 2 events and the dialog on Sunday. It is very sad that the event I over; however, like you said it was a great time and a pleasure to meet old friends and make new ones!
"It is not the size of the dice that matters, just how you role it"
- Famious qoute of someone who only had 1d4
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hey y'all!

thank you for your kind replies!

MADMANMIKE wrote:Wonderful to see you again brother, may the time between now and the next go by fast.

May it be short to when next we meet, brother from across the pond!

The Galactus Kid wrote:I was awesome having you come in from Germany to stay with me and Sarah for a little bit before the Open House. We had a blast and you are welcome ANY TIME.

Thank you very much, my friend, I had a wonderful time meeting you and Sarah. I am very much looking forward to see you again "soon", be that in Kentucky or in Germany. You and Sarah are welcome here at your leisure, you know that!

Greg Diaczyk wrote:Operation Minotaur was a "blast", again sorry I had to cut out early for other freelancer duties. But I guess you got me back when the group blew me up with dynamite and ectoplasm... :lol::

Thank you :lol: ... I am very sorry you missed out on most, but I glad that seeing your character blown to smithereens just when you could come back helped you over it :wink: ... 6D6x10 SDC is no mean damage, but it made the padre's cross glow :lol:

Baphomet wrote:You were one of my favorite people that I role played with all weekend. Sure I'll have to wait some time for my hair to grow back and my burns to heal, but that did not deminish the experience one bit. If you're ever going to the Chi-town area, let me know. I'll show you around and even have a special game ready for you. Speaking of special games you forgot a couple of things in my hotel room. Handcuffs, chocolate sauce, radioactive gerbils. Should I just mail them back to you? :lol:

It was a lot of fun, indeed. I enjoyed our banter very much!

Thank you and will do re Chicago!

For a good BBQ cuff the gerbils, put on the sauce and bask in their glow. Don't change the sequence or you may get dripping nuclear gerbils of death.

Killer Cyborg wrote:It was great getting to meet you too, Hendrik. :ok:

Yup, dito! Now I have a face to match the posts :wink:

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Reelman wrote:It was great to see you again my friend. I will be happy for the time we had not sad that there was not more of it. Thanks for being part of the Commonwealth Convoy, Honk, Honk!

Commonwealth Convoy. I like it. We have to keep this tradition going.

Teehee, what a lovely idea - like that very much - honk honk :lol: ... FLORENCE Y'ALL, my friends!

mumah wrote:It was my pleasure, Hendrik. And as ever, your joy and enthusiasm just makes you a pleasure to be around. There needs to be more people in the world such as you. It was an honor to see you again, though we didn't get a chance to show off pictures of our kids again.

:oops: That was awfully nice of you to say, Mike. Thank you for your kindness!

Re family pictures: I remember that well from 2010 :) We'll do that the next time I will be around as I am sure there will be opportunities ... such as the next Open House (fingers crossed already since last Sunday evening) :D

ApocalypseZero wrote:Glad I could give some people 'one last hurrah' before the weekend ended. I was feeling it Monday morning though. Thanks for coming to America and being a part of the event, Hendrik.

That was a big hurrah - HUZZAH! - indeed, Lonnie, and entirely my pleasure to come over the pond.

CCollison wrote:Thanks Hendrik for running 2 events and the dialog on Sunday. It is very sad that the event I over; however, like you said it was a great time and a pleasure to meet old friends and make new ones!

I am glad you had fun with the games, Clayton. I have enjoyed meeting you very much and will send the recipes to you as soon as I find my notes (every October the same problem as I stow them away savely but always forget where).

Ninjabunny wrote:It was good meeting you, all though it was brief.

Shinitenshi wrote:It was great to meet you :)

Likewise, and thank you very, very much for the pie!

Kindest regards
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Hendrik wrote:As daunting as it felt before (and up to the first die roll ;-) to actually GM at an OH, it was an honour and genuine pleasure to GM for (at least a few of) you. A big thank you to you who graced "my" table, you made Operation Minotaur and Squid-U-Like special for me and proved that Pally gamers are the best bunch with a dice bag (not that there was any doubt :-))). A flourish and a bow to Mike Mumah who made the beautiful "movie poster" for Operation Minotaur - great work, buddy!

There was a poster? (jk)

Hendrik wrote:Biggest regret? Nothing really, but that I could not play more. It would have been divine to play at Brandon's table again, especially in the NGR ;-). I am also extremely sorry not to be able to play in Paul's "Lopanic Games" which I heard were brilliant (aaarrrrgh)!

Yes it was...

Hendrik wrote:Florence y'all!

:lol:

Cool to see you again buddy. Glad you enjoyed it. I may post that picture of you asleep at a gaming table later...
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
The Galactus Kid

The Dark Elf wrote:Cool to see you again buddy. Glad you enjoyed it. I may post that picture of you asleep at a gaming table later...

Oh dear God, please do!!! This is a must have!!!

Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

It was great to see you and your brother again, friend, (after long last considering the short hop between Germany and England ;-) )!

Re picture: it was a juicer power nap! ... ;-) .... would love to see the picture, too

Kindest regards
Hendrik

Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Before I get to the admiration, know that we did indeed get home just fine.

As always, Hendrik, it was both a pleasure and an honor to have you at the Open House. Your moral wrangling with Baphomet during my game was nothing short of awesome, and it was cool to have you game at my table for the first time this year. Beyond that, the conversations after the events such as during the rides to the hotel make me wish we were neighbors and could chat over a cold beer whenever we wished. Perhaps when I get moved and a home internet connection figured out we'll have to arrange a Skype session or something. At any rate, you already know that you have a standing invitation just like that offered by Brandon and Baphomet. Plenty of interesting things to do and see in St. Louis: City Museum, The Arch & river front, Forest Park & the Jewel Box, the art museum, the the Anheuser-Busch Brewery, Missouri Botanical Gardens, Lemp Mansion, Schlafly Brewery, the old asylum on The Hill, etc., etc., we might even get you in to see an even better baseball team than the Tigers (yeah, I said it, Mumah!). Even in a non-Open House year, you'd be more than welcome to make a holiday visit and bring the family (as long as I end up having the space to host you all comfortably).

In short, thanks for being there and thanks for being you. Hope to see you again soon, one way or another. :-D
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
mumah

Unread post by mumah »

Warwolf wrote:we might even get you in to see an even better baseball team than the Tigers (yeah, I said it, Mumah!).

Yeah, just because you said it doesn't make it true. You also believe in the loch ness monster and bigfoot and the Queen of England.
MADMANMIKE

Warwolf wrote:Before I get to the admiration, know that we did indeed get home just fine.

As always, Hendrik, it was both a pleasure and an honor to have you at the Open House. Your moral wrangling with Baphomet during my game was nothing short of awesome, and it was cool to have you game at my table for the first time this year. Beyond that, the conversations after the events such as during the rides to the hotel make me wish we were neighbors and could chat over a cold beer whenever we wished. Perhaps when I get moved and a home internet connection figured out we'll have to arrange a Skype session or something. At any rate, you already know that you have a standing invitation just like that offered by Brandon and Baphomet. Plenty of interesting things to do and see in St. Louis: City Museum, The Arch & river front, Forest Park & the Jewel Box, the art museum, the the Anheuser-Busch Brewery, Missouri Botanical Gardens, Lemp Mansion, Schlafly Brewery, the old asylum on The Hill, etc., etc., we might even get you in to see an even better baseball team than the Tigers (yeah, I said it, Mumah!). Even in a non-Open House year, you'd be more than welcome to make a holiday visit and bring the family (as long as I end up having the space to host you all comfortably).

In short, thanks for being there and thanks for being you. Hope to see you again soon, one way or another. :-D

Here, here, I want in on that trip too.. Cuba's only an hour and a half away from St. Louis.
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Lightning Lord wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:Yes it was...

It was one of the best games I played all weekend.

Thanks for the medal, btw... My 4 month old son is really enjoying staring in awe at it!

Lol, glad you enjoyed it. You earnt that medal!

Hendrik, we will have to get Brandon to GM an NGR game where all the Europeans play! (maybe against some writers playing as Gargoyles)...
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

mumah wrote:
Warwolf wrote:we might even get you in to see an even better baseball team than the Tigers (yeah, I said it, Mumah!).

Yeah, just because you said it doesn't make it true. You also believe in the loch ness monster and bigfoot and the Queen of England.

I will have you know that I do exist. :P

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
mumah

Unread post by mumah »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
mumah wrote:

I will have you know that I do exist. :P

As long as I decide you do....muwahahahahhahah
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

mumah wrote:

The Queen sent some of her finest to game with us this past weekend, Nessie is my pet Sleeper Shark I plan to breed for my villain tank, and Bigfoot was at the Open House too. I met him. His name is Lonnie. :lol:

MMM wrote:Here, here, I want in on that trip too.. Cuba's only an hour and a half away from St. Louis.

You know you're always welcome to come visit once I'm back up there.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
MADMANMIKE

Warwolf wrote:
mumah wrote:

The Queen sent some of her finest to game with us this past weekend, Nessie is my pet Sleeper Shark I plan to breed for my villain tank, and Bigfoot was at the Open House too. I met him. His name is Lonnie. :lol:

MMM wrote:Here, here, I want in on that trip too.. Cuba's only an hour and a half away from St. Louis.

oohh... I was just hoping to hang out with Hendrik... do I have to hang with you too?

:mrgreen:
Everstar
D-Bee
Comment: Those who make things foolproof always underestimate the inginuity of fools!

Unread post by Everstar »

Great seeing you again. Hopefully Palladium will do this again, I'd love to get into a game with you. Maybe if Palladium can't do another one, we'll all have to come to your house...
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer

Warwolf wrote:and Bigfoot was at the Open House too. I met him. His name is Lonnie. :lol:

Either I'm a Giant, Ogre, or Sasquatch. You all need to make up your minds.
mumah

Unread post by mumah »

You're too thin to be a giant. Ogre is too friendly for your complexion. Sasquatch seems to fit best.
Mierin
D-Bee

Unread post by Mierin »

Ninjabunny wrote:
ApocalypseZero wrote:
Warwolf wrote:and Bigfoot was at the Open House too. I met him. His name is Lonnie. :lol:

Either I'm a Giant, Ogre, or Sasquatch. You all need to make up your minds.

I just enjoy calling you the Jolly Green Giant ;)

He doesn't exactly fit the 'jolly' part of that description.
"They say that all the world is a stage. But obviously the play is unrehearsed and everyone is adlibbing their lines! Maybe that's why it's so hard to figure out if we're in a tragedy or a farce. We need more special effects and dance numbers." -- Calvin & Hobbes
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, it was fun to meet you Henrik, and I apologize for thinking your accent to be French Canadian at first. What a terrible thing to do to a German. Thanks for the poster, I feel I earned it. Also thanks for proffering your spot in the Lopanic Games and allowing me to earn a medal. That was kind of you to oversleep.

-Vek
"They're still Cretins."
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer

I need my likeness done as a Demon so this can be settled.
mumah

Unread post by mumah »

ApocalypseZero wrote:I need my likeness done as a Demon so this can be settled.

$$$$ :twisted:
MADMANMIKE

Something like the end scenes in The Witches of Eastwick...
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

MADMANMIKE wrote:
Warwolf wrote:
mumah wrote:

oohh... I was just hoping to hang out with Hendrik... do I have to hang with you too?
:mrgreen:

Mike (Mumah) and Warwolf,

her Majesty send her finest gamers, indeed. I will also have you know that I heard about 40 US-Americans yell "God Save the Queen" at the top of their lungs at Williamsburg (granted they meant Queen Anne, but a hail to the Queen is a hail to the Queen - a monarch my pass, the crown remains!). :D

MMM and Mark,

knowing you two, that would surely make for a lot of idle chitchat. :wink: ... Hanging out with you two would be awesome!

A photo? Granted, deceptively friendly, but ...

Everstar wrote:Great seeing you again. Hopefully Palladium will do this again, I'd love to get into a game with you. Maybe if Palladium can't do another one, we'll all have to come to your house...

Likewise! I trust in Pally to make another OH. You are on for a game, Everstar.

ALL coming to my house might be a bit ... wanting in space ... but it would be kind of awesome :-D

Voidrunner wrote:It was nice to see you again and talk over a few smokes. I hope to get into one of your games next time.

You will be very welcome! Looking forward to see you next time around. Stay safe!

Kindest regards
Hendrik

Return to “Palladium Open House”