Photos for those who couldn't make it

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Photos for those who couldn't make it

Unread post by MikeM »

So for those who couldn't make it, how about some photos? ;)
Ninjapuppy's were awesome. (thanks, Ninjapuppy)

Any awesome news that was mentioned during the talks that can be shared?

As a side question, did anyone go by themselves and not know people there? I always want to go, but the fact that I would be going by myself always give me pause. That wasn't the reason this year, but it has been in the past.
Rimdall
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Photos for those who couldn't make it

Unread post by Rimdall »

Mike - I'm a pretty shy person, but I have to say that at the Open House, it feels like I'm meeting distant family; I may not know them all that well, but we have things in common. I've been to other cons and the Open House is really different than those. Maybe it's because you're familiar with the people from the boards or because we're all Pally fans, but I've always had a good time at the Open Houses despite my shyness. Certainly moreso than at GenCon or the other cons.
dpenwood
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Life is like a potato; sometimes it's brown, but sometimes it's green.

Unread post by dpenwood »

Mike,

I didn't go by myself, I came with my girlfriend. But had she not come along, I'd had have felt similarly to you. And I can get shy and clam up in social settings where I don't know people.
I'll be honest, at first it seemed as if everyone already knew everyone except for me. And maybe they did (unlikely). But then I realized it didn't matter because every single person I met was there to game and have a good time, and it didn't matter who you were.
I was supposed to run a game on Sunday but, unfortunately, I didn't get enough players at my table. A bit bored, I ended up saying "hello" to a guy who was just poking around on his tablet at one of the tables. That "hello" turned into a 90 minute conversation. From that conversation, I learned that he has written for the Rifter, he gave me some great campaign ideas, and some none-game stuff... and was just an overall very interesting guy to talk to who I otherwise would probably never met/conversed with in every day life.
So if/when there's another Open House, I hope you'll consider coming even if it means coming alone. :-)
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

MikeM wrote:So for those who couldn't make it, how about some photos? ;)
Ninjapuppy's were awesome. (thanks, Ninjapuppy)

Any awesome news that was mentioned during the talks that can be shared?

As a side question, did anyone go by themselves and not know people there? I always want to go, but the fact that I would be going by myself always give me pause. That wasn't the reason this year, but it has been in the past.

Dude, we all know you! When you get your nametag at the door, put your screen name on it and come straight to the freelancers table looking for me. We can hang out.

Everyone here is family, you're no exception.

Besides, we can never have enough Mike's around...
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Icefalcon
Champion

Unread post by Icefalcon »

I showed up with one friend and I have never posted on the boards before today. By the time I left the open house I had made tons of new friends. I was even told by some of the freelancers that I need to put some of my ideas in the Rifter. So take heart and try to make it to the next one. I for one would like to sit down ata new table and game with someone new or even spend time just chatting.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

There are tons of people who go by themselves because once you're there it doesnt matter. Regardless of whether someone knows your name you are instantly invited to chat as if you were old acquaintances. It is unusual and hard to believe but go and you'll see what I mean. If you're still unsure, arrange with someone else on these forums to meet and be each others "back up" buddy before you go or hang with Madmanmike, myself, and others.

Btw, I went with two other people and didnt play in any of the same games as them!! that is how much it doesnt mattter. I think I only saw them OUT of the Open House and then you are in the middle of a crowd. How many were about on the Sunday evening? 30+ ?
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

L.L., were you guys all in Julius' BTS game with me on Friday?
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Lightning Lord wrote:
Jorel wrote:L.L., were you guys all in Julius' BTS game with me on Friday?

Yeah, we were. I was the male arcanist. The one who said he looked like that illustration from Beyond the Supernatural of the wizard dude in a suit and cape.

I don't recall that. I do recall discussing names, then I forgot yours. You were on the other side of the guy next to me. Your name started with an A, (maybe not). You sat next to Grug. You guys were great fun to game with. Even if Julius' adventure was a little strung along, I still liked it.

"The Devil's among us!
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

EmperorDoggie wrote:Link to my photobucket of Palladium pics

http://photobucket.com/palladiumOH2012

I had fun hangin out with you guys for the few times I had a minute to. You made it that much more interesting. Hopefully we'll meet again, and maybe even at the gaming table. You were some of the most interesting people I encountered there, in addition to the Freelancers. They are all characters.

"The Devil's among us!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Lightning Lord wrote:I essentially went by myself. The two people I knew beforehand who would be there weren't there that much (That would be Grug from this forum, and his wife) I had an absolute blast!

I'm the dude who played in your last Lopanic Games session who kept asking you questions about British nerd culture, Dark Elf.

Cool, I enjoyed that game loads. Great playing!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited

Return to “Palladium Open House”