Raffle

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Raffle

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Do a "Mega-bundle" raffle at the POH. Books, merchandise, collectibles, art prints etc.

$5 or something. Im sure that EVERYONE who attends would have a go.

Or even better - a silent auction where the winner gets to pick the next book to be worked on! :fool:
Last edited by The Dark Elf on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Re: Raffle

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

The Dark Elf wrote:Do a "Mega-bundle" raffle at the POH. Books, merchandise, collectibles, art prints etc.

$5 or something. Im sure that EVERYONE who attends would have a go.

Or even better - a silent auction where the winner gets to pick the next book to be worked on!

Or a raffle to get to pick the next book to be worked on, and a free printers-proof copy sent to the winner once its done! (Combining your two excellent ideas with a tweak of my own, because I think it'd make the most money for PB.) Of course, it might not be feasible since someone might pick something that hasn't been worked on yet or that no one else wants, making it commercially a detriment to PB. So maybe it should be a raffle to determine which already submitted manuscript gets worked on next (w/ a free printers proof copy), with a full list showing which manuscripts are sitting on Kevin's shelf at the time of the OH?
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

I doubt Kevin will disclose a list of possible manuscripts to be produced. I think the bundle idea is a good one. Also, I'd be more likely to enter a raffle, and buy a few entries, than to bid in an auction. I avoided the auction last time, and I'll probably do the same this time. I can't afford to try outspend someone on 1 item, but I'll buy several if they are discounted. I've managed to acquire quite a few rare things, and my odds are better at getting them from random people, then from Kev and Crew at the Open House. I think the idea to influence their production schedule is a cool idea, but I don't see it as being a realistic one. Their are already too many hiccups in that process.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Jorel wrote:I doubt Kevin will disclose a list of possible manuscripts to be produced. I think the bundle idea is a good one. Also, I'd be more likely to enter a raffle, and buy a few entries, than to bid in an auction. I avoided the auction last time, and I'll probably do the same this time. I can't afford to try outspend someone on 1 item, but I'll buy several if they are discounted. I've managed to acquire quite a few rare things, and my odds are better at getting them from random people, then from Kev and Crew at the Open House. I think the idea to influence their production schedule is a cool idea, but I don't see it as being a realistic one. Their are already too many hiccups in that process.

I agree with every point made in this post. :ok:
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

A raffle is a great idea!
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

We've suggested raffles in the past. IIRC there are some legal matters around it. It might be considered gambling and againsts the law. I think, could be wrong as I don't live in the MI area.
ImageImage
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Hey, I said I like the idea(s), not that they're realistic or reasonable. After all, if we just stuck to realistic and reasonable we wouldn't have things like pay-per-view, the Grand Canyon, or Spam (the wonder canned meat). So just because I throw my support behind something doesn't mean that I think it will eventually appear in reality... Or will it? :P
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.

Return to “Palladium Open House”