VIP Thursday 2012

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Re: VIP Thursday 2012

Unread post by Brian Manning »

MADMANMIKE, :D yes, for several reasons.

Shinitenshi, Yes! I'm dieting the whole month leading up to the Open House, so I can do some serious damage while I'm there. :o
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Jaguar Wong wrote:MADMANMIKE, :D yes, for several reasons.

Shinitenshi, Yes! I'm dieting the whole month leading up to the Open House, so I can do some serious damage while I'm there. :o

I'm just getting fat so i can hide all the other fat that I'll add while there.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Primus
Explorer

Unread post by Primus »

Coming alone. Hoping to meet some peeps. As such, I throw my dice into the ring for Thursday night. Anyone need a player?
"Scalpel...blood bucket...priest...next patient!"- Dr. John Zoidberg

"Would ye care fer a wee nip of scotch whiskey?"

Chicago Blackhawks, 2009-10 and 2012-2013 Stanley Cup Champions!
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Primus wrote:Coming alone. Hoping to meet some peeps. As such, I throw my dice into the ring for Thursday night. Anyone need a player?

We'll be glad to have you! Any game would be fine, but you can consider this a formal invitation to mine if you like (whichever of the three I'm running - they haven't put up the schedule yet).
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Primus
Explorer

Unread post by Primus »

Primus wrote:Coming alone. Hoping to meet some peeps. As such, I throw my dice into the ring for Thursday night. Anyone need a player?

Thank you kindly. Should I make a character or will you have pre-gens? Or would you like someone to help pre-gen a few?

Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Most GMs provide the characters. Some may still need help building them.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Primus
Explorer

Unread post by Primus »

Jorel wrote:Most GMs provide the characters. Some may still need help building them.

I guessed. Since I don't work again until Saturday, I figured I would offer to make a few for anyone out there who may need assistance with character generation. I am cheap (read "free and bored") and willing to help out as needed. :?

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Primus wrote:

Thank you kindly. Should I make a character or will you have pre-gens? Or would you like someone to help pre-gen a few?

I have one game, set in the city of Center on Phase World in the Three Galaxies setting that I am asking people to bring their own characters for. Click HERE for more details on the game and the types of characters I'd love to see people to bring. I'll also be bringing some generic pre-gens for this game for those who don't have their own, but I can pretty much guarantee they won't be as cool as one you'd make yourself.

For my other games there will be pre-generated characters provided. I wouldn't turn down any help you'd like to give in making the pre-gens :D - send me a Private Message if you'd like (and if you have World Book 22: Free Quebec).
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Crap! Crap! Crap! *Long list of explicitives!*

Um ... I mean ... Greetings and Salutations. :P For those that haven't guessed by my opening, I'm going to have to cancel my attendance at the Open House (including VIP night). Financially it's better (because I get to save the money I'd have spent on the trip) but ... alas, work needs me (which means more income as well). *Sigh.* I tried to get out of it, but necessity. An assignment came up that they need for from May 3rd through May 5th. Aint that same ****?! *Mumbles and grumbles.* Anyways, sorry I'll miss everyone. Hope everyone has a great time, and know that I'll be there in spirit. I wish you all well. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Too bad. Was looking forward to seeing you again.

"The Devil's among us!
Primus
Explorer

Unread post by Primus »

Is anyone else getting in Wednesday? I will be driving in Wednesday evening and would love a pick-up game...

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Primus wrote:Is anyone else getting in Wednesday? I will be driving in Wednesday evening and would love a pick-up game...

We'll be getting there fairly late Wednesday (me, wife, and 11 year old son). Depending on exactly when we get in we'll probably be a little too hashed for a full-blown game - driving up from Texas - but might be able to give you a sneak-peek/play a round of the Rifts-based Board Game I'm bringing up. One of the character classes you could play would be a Glitter Boy... :eek: :lol:

Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

About a week away. I was really hopin for a few drinks with Ratty. His beers really were the best. The mead was great too. Shame he wont make it. Who is down for a drink or two after the gaming on Thursday?

"The Devil's among us!
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Jorel wrote:About a week away. I was really hopin for a few drinks with Ratty. His beers really were the best. The mead was great too. Shame he wont make it. Who is down for a drink or two after the gaming on Thursday?

There's a fair number of us planning on going to a midnight showing of the Avengers movie. You're definitely invited to come along if you want Jorel.

Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I going to stay close to the hotel, in case my wife needs help with the kiddos. Also she'd be super jealous if I went without her. I do want to see the movie, but I'm not an opening weekend kind of guy either.

"The Devil's among us!
tenknifefoot
D-Bee

Unread post by tenknifefoot »

I'll be flying in from Oklahoma. Haven't gamed in almost a year, so I'm looking forward to it.
...and my P.P. is huge!!

--Mad Mike the juicer, Palladium open house 2007
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

gamerdj1981 wrote:Honestly I hope I can handle it all since I normally fall asleep early... will just have to rely on everyone to keep me awake with pure awesomeness.

Don't worry, I'm bringing my electric cattle prod and I think someone else mentioned pepper spray, so we've got your back. :lol: :D

keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Involved Observer wrote:
gamerdj1981 wrote:Honestly I hope I can handle it all since I normally fall asleep early... will just have to rely on everyone to keep me awake with pure awesomeness.

Don't worry, I'm bringing my electric cattle prod and I think someone else mentioned pepper spray, so we've got your back. :lol: :D

But did you remeber to bring the coffe and other liquid stimulants? :lol:
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

keir451 wrote:
Involved Observer wrote:

But did you remeber to bring the coffe and other liquid stimulants? :lol:

Bah! Players bring that sissy stuff. We Game Masters believe in stronger medicine.

Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

Hoping a red eye flight tonight, hopefully I'll sleep the flight.

See you tomarrow!
eoptap
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by eoptap »

I will be at the VIP day
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I never got any brownies but I did get to kill dragons samurai with you in Galactus Kids game, which was sweet.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I saw a ton of treats distributed. I didn't personally partake, but there was a cart near the Freelance table on Saturday.

"The Devil's among us!

Return to “Palladium Open House”