Secret Freelancers Club

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Secret Freelancers Club

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

In Jan 2010 I was buzzing about the fact that some time in the same year I would be RPGing with the best in the biz (writers & fans). Now I'm still having to wait til next year and my pants are noticeable less filled than they were this time last year. :erm:

So-

Are the freelancers still having a jolly (I mean meeting)?

Can Matthew do some seriously probing sneak peak interviews on the Gateway?

Can I come along? (ok I already know the answer to that one but look at the one above!) :badbad:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Re: Secret Freelancers Club

Unread post by Warwolf »

Yep, we've got a creator's conference planned for this spring. I'm looking forward to some VERY exciting and actionable things coming from this "meeting of the minds." I'm particularly hoping to have a big announcement to make by then... and no it isn't that I will have gotten a life. I'm a grad-student, that privelege has been revoked for the time being. :?

Wish you could come along, but it'll just make 2012 that much more awesome having to wait longer for it. I know that doesn't help now, but that's all I got.

Oh, and by the way, thanks for the high praise (even if I expect a smarmy comment now about how you weren't referring to me :lol: ).
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

I say anyone can show up if they spend at least $500 buying prints from me. I have no problems with that whatsoever. However the Charlie Brown teacher noise I'm hearing right now is informing that Kevin disapproves of such unauthorized announcements.

BTW, I like the title of this thread. I feel like we should have secret decoder rings or cards or something like that.
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Warwolf wrote:I'm particularly hoping to have a big announcement to make by then...

It's obvious you're gay. You shouldn't be ashamed of it. That must be why you were so friendly at the POH (a little over friendly?) :fool:

You can't see this but I'm laughing my head of as I'm typing...

Oh and your secret code should be that you have to show a true atlantean(?) tattoo to get in. Either that or roll above 14 on a D20.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
mumah

Unread post by mumah »

The Dark Elf wrote:
Warwolf wrote:I'm particularly hoping to have a big announcement to make by then...

It's obvious you're gay. You shouldn't be ashamed of it. That must be why you were so friendly at the POH (a little over friendly?) :fool:

You can't see this but I'm laughing my head of as I'm typing...

Oh and your secret code should be that you have to show a true atlantean(?) tattoo to get in. Either that or roll above 14 on a D20.

If you wanted to get under warwolf's skin a little better, I think calling him "cuddly" would be more effective.
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Not to be controversial, but I was once having a conversation with a friend of mine who happens to be bisexual. She commented that I wasn't a "typical" guy, and since I'd been hit on recently by another guy I had to wonder if I was somehow unintentionally giving off that "vibe." She laughed, then told me no in one of those "oh no, honey, no one in their right mind would think that" tones. So, I've taken that to mean I am the most typically straight, atypical male she had ever met... whatever the heck that means. :lol:

Mumah, you would be correct that calling me cuddly has a better chance of getting under my skin. Unfortunately, growing up in semi-rural Missouri in the 80s and 90s meant that "gay" or "homo" (etc., etc.) were regularly occurring slurs that I learned to ignore. Of course, more than half the time it wasn't even a statement about sexual preference so much as it had become synonymous with "stupid."

Calling me cuddly on the other hand has a chance of getting a guy castrated as per my sig line. :P

But no, in all seriousness any announcements would have to do with one of the multiple non-Palladium side projects I have going on at the moment.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Warwolf wrote:But no, in all seriousness any announcements would have to do with one of the multiple non-Palladium side projects I have going on at the moment.

You want to show them your "America's got talent!" audition?
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

The Dark Elf wrote:
Warwolf wrote:But no, in all seriousness any announcements would have to do with one of the multiple non-Palladium side projects I have going on at the moment.

Yep, sure do, but I need a volunteer from the peanut gallery to serve as a sparring-dummy. I'm assuming you're offering your services? :P
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Warwolf wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:

Yep, sure do, but I need a volunteer from the peanut gallery to serve as a sparring-dummy. I'm assuming you're offering your services? :P

I would be quite happy sparring - I was on the England Kick-boxing team for several years until I retired four years ago.... :frazz:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

The Dark Elf wrote:
Warwolf wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:

I would be quite happy sparring - I was on the England Kick-boxing team for several years until I retired four years ago.... :frazz:

Oh, goody, I've been meaning to combat-test my Kali sticks for a while now. :D
mumah

Unread post by mumah »

I'm sure everyone here has impressive skills with their bo staffs.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

You draw beautiful Ligers Mumah.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Ive now got an image of Mumah doing a "starwars kid" dance.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
mumah

Unread post by mumah »

Ligers are just about my favorite animal right now. And I've refined that Star Wars kid dance into a beautiful artform.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Sweet...Awesome.

"The Devil's among us!
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

mumah wrote:Ligers are just about my favorite animal right now. And I've refined that Star Wars kid dance into a beautiful artform.

Even though I hate Napoleon Dynamite with a passion usually reserved for Nazi war criminals, I can't help but laugh at that.

I kinda wish there was a place where Paul and I could do a little sparring in 2012, though. I've done so with practitioners of Karate, Tai Kwon Do, Aikido, Muay Thai, as well as boxers, wrestlers, and brawlers... but never a dedicated kickboxer. I'd probably walk away with some bruises, but it would be a good learning experience.
mumah

Unread post by mumah »

Best lesson I ever learned from martial arts? "Best defense? No be there."
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Wax on...

"The Devil's among us!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Warwolf wrote:
mumah wrote:Ligers are just about my favorite animal right now. And I've refined that Star Wars kid dance into a beautiful artform.

Even though I hate Napoleon Dynamite with a passion usually reserved for Nazi war criminals, I can't help but laugh at that.

I kinda wish there was a place where Paul and I could do a little sparring in 2012, though. I've done so with practitioners of Karate, Tai Kwon Do, Aikido, Muay Thai, as well as boxers, wrestlers, and brawlers... but never a dedicated kickboxer. I'd probably walk away with some bruises, but it would be a good learning experience.

Well unfortunately Im retired (slipped disc) so not only do I not train (so all my suppleness has gone) but I cant spar.

My attributes are all -2 and my combat abilities are all halved. :nh:

I studied Lau Gar kung fu and BCKA chinese kickboxing btw. Awesome styles with a fantastic (if brutal) master.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

The Dark Elf wrote:I studied Lau Gar kung fu and BCKA chinese kickboxing btw. Awesome styles with a fantastic (if brutal) master.

Yeah, it's not REAL kickboxing. More like 'Kickboxing Light'.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Soldier of Od wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:I studied Lau Gar kung fu and BCKA chinese kickboxing btw. Awesome styles with a fantastic (if brutal) master.

Oh dear. You are a dead man.

Actually, Isnt your character currently locked in a prison cell with another character who being played by a third degree BCKA instructor and former British champion. So, oh dear. you are a dead gnome.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Soldier of Od
Hero

The Dark Elf wrote:
Soldier of Od wrote:

Oh dear. You are a dead man.

Actually, Isnt your character currently locked in a prison cell with another character who being played by a third degree BCKA instructor and former British champion. So, oh dear. you are a dead gnome.

Bring it on. :D
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
mumah

Unread post by mumah »

Reading this, I feel if I were witnessing this conversation in person, the snow would be stained yellow, with copious amounts of steam rising to our nostrils, filling them with the crisp notes of ammonia and asparagus.
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

mumah wrote:Reading this, I feel if I were witnessing this conversation in person, the snow would be stained yellow, with copious amounts of steam rising to our nostrils, filling them with the crisp notes of ammonia and asparagus.

Your boots might be stained yellow if this were in person, Mike. :lol:

Oh, and it's good to be reminded of who I can call on for backup when Elfie gets too froggy (and that may or may not be implying that he has a French streak) with me. I'm sure Soldier of Od wouldn't pass on a chance for some brotherly wordplay. :D
mumah

Unread post by mumah »

I'll definitely be there with a digital recorder to document the event :D
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries!"

Oh wait - same parents. :frust:

Btw, the summoner let the gnome live. Nvm. I gave him 100 xp for avoid (un)necessary violence.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Soldier of Od
Hero

The Dark Elf wrote:Oh wait - same parents.

Probably.
Rifter Contributor:

Return to “Palladium Open House”