Something that surprised me

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Something that surprised me

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

I had a blast at the Open House. It was great to finally get to meet so many of the writers and artists that have delighted and entertained me, my family and friends for so many years. And it was fun to get a chance to share one of my long-term projects (Rifts Board Game) with people who actually know what a Glitter Boy is! :lol:

One thing that did surprise me though was how many people who were in attendance who weren't on these boards. Over and over I'd ask people what their online name was and they'd respond "Oh, I'm not on the online site." I was a little blown away. Is there something I'm missing here?
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Re: Something that surprised me

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

It could be all the trolls. They have a tendancy to drive away the normal folk. The thing about the minority is it's always the most vocal.

-Mike <8[

Warning: User Warned. - NMI
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Ive been playing Palladium for over twenty years but look at my posts/joining date.

For me its was two things that delayed me:

#1 I can read them without posting. what can I add that others havent already? who wants to know my opinion, who i am to be giving it? (Im not even on facebook as I cant think of anything more boring than my life :? )

#2 The less details i give online the better.

Plus, when you go to the POH everyone knows you as the Dark Elf instead of Herbie which is weird.

Why dont we ask all those not online to do a poll as to why? - D'oh! :clown:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Rabbi the Mage
D-Bee

Unread post by Rabbi the Mage »

In my case it's just a case of never getting round to it - and the fact that as an IT worker I really should try not to spend my non-work hours in front of a computer (frequently I fail at this....).

Still - now I've started to get to know some of you lot it seems more worthwhile to join in online.

RtM
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Involved Observer wrote:One thing that did surprise me though was how many people who were in attendance who weren't on these boards. Over and over I'd ask people what their online name was and they'd respond "Oh, I'm not on the online site." I was a little blown away. Is there something I'm missing here?

It might just be that forums are not to everyone's liking, and of those that do like the forum, several, just as Herbie said, will remain inactive and not necessarily even have a sceen name (which is not a bad thing).

Cheers
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!

Return to “Palladium Open House”