Favorite quotes and moments 2010

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kamikazzijoe
Dungeon Crawler

Favorite quotes and moments 2010

Unread post by kamikazzijoe »

Lets get those favorites down for all to enjoy.

First "I'm still sleep deprived and slightly delirious" memories:

"My bad" - everytime one henchman shot another in madmanmike's game

"Sweet! I made it to first level." -Victorious cheer of the henchman

"So what are you henchman doing while not on duty?
"Drinking heavily"
"Really how much are you drinking?"
Glances left, then right, "Only one or two." -Then proceeded to roll a D12 in place of a D20 the rest of the game

From Kevin's game:
The long bowman was getting recruited into the evil army at the whore house (don't ask)
"You came at the right time"
"Woohoo! that's from a professional"

Kev: you are an ogre and elves and humans don't like them much around here.
Man even the old kingdom I'm getting profiled.

Julius's Ben 10 game:
We should head to the school there are aliens there. [activates APS light] Race ya?

Ben and the queen "hammered" out a deal.

From the discussion at the hotel:
I couldn't imagine my coworkers back in the UK if they knew i was gamer. What did he do all weekend? He was in a room with a bunch of other overweight 30 somthings pretending to master wizards.
Dr. Doom v.3.0 wrote:
You should change your title to Necromancer.

Go forth my minions! Kill! Maim! Destroy!
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Re: Favorite quotes and moments 2010

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

I'd like to add my favorite quotes, but they'd get the thread locked. Oh Shini...so hillarious. :D

-Lonnie
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
Mierin
D-Bee

Unread post by Mierin »

kamikazzijoe wrote:Lets get those favorites down for all to enjoy.

First "I'm still sleep deprived and slightly delirious" memories:

"My bad" - everytime one henchman shot another in madmanmike's game

:D Classic!
"They say that all the world is a stage. But obviously the play is unrehearsed and everyone is adlibbing their lines! Maybe that's why it's so hard to figure out if we're in a tragedy or a farce. We need more special effects and dance numbers." -- Calvin & Hobbes
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

"Pounce it!"
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
kamikazzijoe
Dungeon Crawler

Are doing the game with Julius tonight?
No i'm doing Carl Gleba.
-in line in the restroom.

Turned out Carl was in there and heard only the last comment.
Dr. Doom v.3.0 wrote:

eoptap
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by eoptap »

I cannot remember most of it is a blurr..... But I can remember the evnt, and maybe one of the others can remember the rest. The last game of the day Sunday(it started later than the rest) I had came from Kevin's game into one were we had to save children. The juicer (who was obsessed with finding a cheese burger) said some thing and the whole group broke out into a verse from a song. to tired to remember more details, but someone else will if they read this... I think the GM also stated we were the first to let the town sheriff live. AS the combat borg I found it great fun to twist the sheriff's arm, take his gun and hand it of to the coalition rouge officer. The sheriff did not notice the exchange, but the good cop bad cop thing did not work like we had hoped. On the bright side we saved all but one of the children, the Juicer did die for various reasons, but he enjoyed the way he died.
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer

SirJosephB wrote:"Did that guy just snort puppychow!?" said at the Comfort Inn

Yes.....yes I did. And I still have a bag full of crumbs. :D

And Mumah......you need to kill that one. It's disturbing.

-Lonnie
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer

Richard.....such a great line.

And I was the GM of the Rifts game on Sunday. I don't remember what song was sung though.

-Lonnie
The one not wearing a name badge all weekend.
eoptap
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by eoptap »

I have another one for you...I was the only attendee that had a weekend V.I.P. ticket, only a few know how I pulled that one off. Their was a few who did a double take, but no one asked or figured out how to get theirs.
mumah

Unread post by mumah »

ApocalypseZero wrote:Richard.....such a great line.

And I was the GM of the Rifts game on Sunday. I don't remember what song was sung though.

-Lonnie

I can't. I just can't. It was so epic and surreal. I don't know if I can fully explain it on the boards without getting a thread locked or exposing just how juvenile Aten and I truly are, which might call into question the taste of the women that married us.
eoptap
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by eoptap »

"Man I wish they sold shot glasses this year" another rifts convention goer said as he looked at the coffee cups.

"They do those are Juicer shot glasses" I said pointing at the coffee cups.

"Ha ha" he said, "yea they would be a shot glass for me!"

The conversation was something like that.
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

*peers at his sheet curiously for a bit*
Me: "Maybe I should attempt to seduce the Zentradi in power armor, I guess I have the skill for it.."
*shows the sheet to GM*
GM: "What, with Lore: Zentradi?"
Me: "AH. That makes sense, thought it said 'Love: Zentradi'. :lol:
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

mumah wrote: I can't. I just can't. It was so epic and surreal. I don't know if I can fully explain it on the boards without getting a thread locked or exposing just how juvenile Aten and I truly are, which might call into question the taste of the women that married us.

Yeah. I'm 8.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
mumah

Unread post by mumah »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Yeah. I'm 8.

So's your face.
Lucas
Adventurer

Unread post by Lucas »

"yeah, that just happened"
Buck the System
kamikazzijoe
Dungeon Crawler

-Lonnie

The dragon was in the form of benicula. (rabbit with wings) and we broke out in perfect unison singing "Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit.....)

That game also featured a sentence that involved the words: Lone star, cloning, brothel and olive oil, in a coherent manner.

My favorite part of that game was when all the monsters were ready to kill the CS officer who joined the party and then he told the sheriff "These guys are with me"
Dr. Doom v.3.0 wrote:

eoptap
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by eoptap »

Ninjabunny wrote:
kamikazzijoe wrote:

-Lonnie

The dragon was in the form of benicula. (rabbit with wings) and we broke out in perfect unison singing "Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit.....)

That game also featured a sentence that involved the words: Lone star, cloning, brothel and olive oil, in a coherent manner.

My favorite part of that game was when all the monsters were ready to kill the CS officer who joined the party and then he told the sheriff "These guys are with me"

That was the song we were singing I was racking my mind to remember.

Great/fun moments come and go but are not always fully remembered lol.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Playin Marks Rifts game we were looking for some missing children and were convinced it was Michael Jackson who'd stolen them. whenever we found tracks we were checking they hadnt Moonwalked away.
In the end it turned out to be Boogie Men (thats right he'd blamed it on the boogie!) - I knew it!

Worst pun of the weekend by me unfortunately:
In Carmens late nightrune weapon game Amy was a rune hammer who couldnt get to her weilder through a force field.
Shes a Hammer- and "She cant touch it!" It was followed by groans and some **** taking that in england weve only just heard of MC Hammer :badbad: (he's top 40 atm).
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

The Dark Elf wrote:Playin Marks Rifts game we were looking for some missing children and were convinced it was Michael Jackson who'd stolen them. whenever we found tracks we were checking they hadnt Moonwalked away.
In the end it turned out to be Boogie Men (thats right he'd blamed it on the boogie!) - I knew it!

In Carmens late nightrune weapon game Amy was a rune hammer who couldnt get to her weilder through a force field.
Shes a Hammer- and "She cant touch it!" It was followed by groans and some **** taking that in england weve only just heard of MC Hammer :badbad: (he's top 40 atm).

I'm sure it wasn't Mumah trash talking, since I heard that song coming from his computer setup over the weekend.

-Mike <8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
The Galactus Kid

My favorite moment was my VIP night game where the players scored NO FEWER than 30 critical hits against my gargoyle enemies. Crit on 18-20 is gross especially when the players are using freefall bombs.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Armorlord
Hero

The Galactus Kid wrote:My favorite moment was my VIP night game where the players scored NO FEWER than 30 critical hits against my gargoyle enemies. Crit on 18-20 is gross especially when the players are using freefall bombs.
Indeed. :ok:
http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z63/ ... G_0077.jpg

Looks like that game was 0071 through 0085.
At least the attempts by someone else to take the group shot at the end reassures me that it was the camera more than just me.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)

Brian Manning
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

The Dark Elf wrote:...Worst pun of the weekend by me unfortunately:

LOL, that was the most awesome pun actually. People like to think that they're above puns, like royalty, but the truth is they're running off telling their friends about that pun hoping to get the same reaction (*groan* "that was horrible"). I know that night after the game, I told Allen about it, and got the desired response ("ugh, that was bad").

[off topic] I'm doing too much ActionScript this week, because everytime I typed an end parentheses, I followed it with a semicolon, like it was the endofline or something.[/off topic]
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

The Dark Elf wrote:Playin Marks Rifts game we were looking for some missing children and were convinced it was Michael Jackson who'd stolen them. whenever we found tracks we were checking they hadnt Moonwalked away.

Wait a tick, so we're looking for some creepy little guy that comes out at night to steal small children? What, was Michael Jackson really a demon that came back at the coming of the Rifts? :lol: The Northampton accent made it that much more awesome. :D
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Warwolf wrote: The Northampton accent made it that much more awesome. :D

What accent? You're the ones with the accent. :wink:

I had a whole host of great gaming experiences, inlcuding the randy elf scenario in Kevin's game and the Michael Jackson kiddie napping mentioned previously, but the best game of the lot was James Brown's Coalition squad on Sunday. Amazing. And ALL the the players were really getting in to it - everyone had a whale of a time with their characters.

The motley crew trying to save Emporer Prosek from certain death were:

- An undernourished psi-stalker more interested in scaring local farmers and drinking PPE than following orders
- An overeager dogboy with an overactive tail who's idea of bravery is jumping onto the back of a dragon!
- A 'poet-warrior' as our point man, interrupting battle to compose a Haiku at every opportunity and reflect on his beloved Coalition States
- A gung-ho trigger-happy sergeant who shoots first and puts his thermo-imaging on later
- A renowned war hero days from retirement having to deal with his less than perfect comrades
- A greenhorn lieutenant transferred from supply who can't make any decisions finally grows some nuts just in time to be laid low by a spell forcing him to strip down to his CS issue boxers
- A pacifist medic who won't shoot makes a hundred to one skill roll, single handedly saving Prosek's life, promoting him to colonel and becoming the Emperor's personal physician
- And the geeky tech boy who actually saves the day, fixing the communication and calling in reinforcements while the rest of us **** about with our various personality defects.

Lieutenant: "What do we do? What do we do?!"

Staff sergeant (war hero): "Wassamatter Mo, you on vacation?"

Lieutenant: "Do you know how much those grenades cost?"

Sergeant (Big Mo): "Prosek's running past? I stop firing at the dragon so I can salute"

Medic: "I'm probably the best qualified to save the dying man - so I let my (well endowed) nurses take care of him and take the glory of saving the Emperor"

Do the other players remember any more quotes (perhaps more accurate ones - my memory ain't what it used to be) from that game?
Last edited by Soldier of Od on Fri May 07, 2010 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Soldier of Od wrote:
Warwolf wrote: The Northampton accent made it that much more awesome. :D

What accent? You're the ones with the accent. :wink:

I had a whole host of great gaming experiences, inlcuding the randy elf scenario in Kevin's game and the Michael Jackson kiddie napping mentioned previously, but the best game of the lot was James Brown's Coalition squad on Sunday. Amazing. And ALL the the players were really getting in to it - everyone had a whale of a time with their characters.

The motley crew trying to save Emporer Prosek from certain death were:

- An undernourished psi-stalker more interested in scaring local farmers and drinking PPE than following orders
- An overeager dogboy with an overactive tail who's idea of bravery is jumping onto the back of a dragon!
- A 'poet-warrior' as our point man, interrupting battle to compose a Haiku at every opportunity and reflect on his beloved Coalition States
- A gung-ho trigger-happy seargent who shoots first and puts his thermo-imaging on later
- A renowned war hero days from retirement having to deal with his less than perfect comrades
- A greenhorn lieutenant transferred from supply who can't make any decisions finally grows some nuts just in time to be laid low by a spell forcing him to strip down to his CS issue boxers
- A pacifist medic who won't shoot makes a hundred to one skill roll, single handedly saving Prosek's life, promoting him to colonel and becoming the Emperor's personal physician
- And the geeky tech boy who actually saves the day, fixing the communication and calling in reinforcements while the rest of us **** about with our various personality defects.

Lieutenant: "What do we do? What do we do?!"

Staff seargent (war hero): "Wassamatter Mo, you on vacation?"

Lieutenant: "Do you know how much those grenades cost?"

Seargent (Big Mo): "Prosek's running past? I stop firing at the dragon so I can salute"

Medic: "I'm probably the best qualified to save the dying man - so I let my (well endowed) nurses take care of him and take the glory of saving the Emperor"

Do the other players remember any more quotes (perhaps more accurate ones - my memory ain't what it used to be) from that game?

That game ran beyond my wildest dreams! You guys really attacked the characters with a previously unseen fervor. I had a blast running with all the great role-playing. While everyone was awesome, your character (big Mo), the medic and bumbling LT stick out most in my mind. That game was truely a great way to end the Open House! Thanks for playing in my game, glad you had fun.
Soldier of Od
Hero

We couldn't have done it without your ideas and your GMing. It was the highlight of the Open house for me! Great job!
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Soldier of Od
Hero

Oh I just remembered another one – this is from Kevin’s Palladium game:

The black guy playing the ogre (sorry, can't remember your name) noting the similarity of real life with the kind of prejudices he was now experiencing in game as an ogre in a human town – “what are they gonna do next? Burn a giant ‘O’ on my front lawn?!”

Priceless.
Rifter Contributor:
The Galactus Kid

me: "I mean, you don't even really need to roll. We all know its just going to be ANOTHER crit."
Player: "Natural 20"

kamikazzijoe
Dungeon Crawler

Was that really worse than the APS bone getting hit with gravity manipulation and becoming a "skele-tonne"?
Dr. Doom v.3.0 wrote:

ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by ingexthefuryhunter1 »

I don't know, the German dwarf in Kevin's game as Eddie is trying to negotiate with it, (Dwarf)" I run under his arm and go for the knee, (I believe the attack was) "Taste my steel" and proceeds to beat the enemy to death, while Eddie is still trying to negotiate with him. Was grand

I don't know if it counts as a quote but after I slammed my shiny Triax two plane across the ground with a 99 roll in piloting on a strafe roll there were a few collective chuckles around the table.
Armorlord
Hero

ingexthefuryhunter1 wrote:I don't know if it counts as a quote but after I slammed my shiny Triax two plane across the ground with a 99 roll in piloting on a strafe roll there were a few collective chuckles around the table.
Even the failed rolls in that game were epic. 8)
We shall name the lake Otto von Shnitzelpus-Krakengesheitmeir cratered onto that area after your pilot.
Good old Otto, if his last name means anything, the translation programs don't know it, but they at least attempt to pronounce it. :lol:

kamikazzijoe
Dungeon Crawler

ingexthefuryhunter1 wrote:I don't know, the German dwarf in Kevin's game as Eddie is trying to negotiate with it, (Dwarf)" I run under his arm and go for the knee, (I believe the attack was) "Taste my steel" and proceeds to beat the enemy to death, while Eddie is still trying to negotiate with him. Was grand

I don't know if it counts as a quote but after I slammed my shiny Triax two plane across the ground with a 99 roll in piloting on a strafe roll there were a few collective chuckles around the table.

I like when Eddie convinced the ogre that "smart-ass" was a compliment.
Dr. Doom v.3.0 wrote:

Return to “Palladium Open House”