2010 Official Palladium Open House Game List

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

2010 Official Palladium Open House Game List

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Post the following information here AND send it to palladium-gm@palladiumbooks.com

FOR EACH EVENT YOU PLAN ON RUNNING, PALLADIUM NEEDS THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

YOUR T-SHIRT SIZE FOR YOUR GM SHIRT

Name of the Game
Palladium Game Line
Brief Description
Minimum and Maximum player
Length of game (typically 3 to 4 hours, sometimes longer)
Will pre-gen characters be provided?
Age Requirement
Day and time you would like to run
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Re: 2010 Official Palladium Open House Game List

Unread post by mumah »

Name of the Game: What's in My Pocket?
Game Line: Beyond the Supernatural
No player limit.
Length of Game: Depends on how long it takes you to find what's in my pocket.
No Character Sheets needed.
Age Requirement: Heh heh heh....

I kid. I'm not running a game, especially not one quite so creepy. But I wish the best of luck to all you GMs out there and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Name of the Game: Rifts - the Board Game (Thinking of calling it "Rifts:Combat Arena")
Palladium Game Line: Rifts based board game
Brief Description: Ranged and melee combat on a hexagon-grid board, with several different ways to play.
Minimum and Maximum player: 2 to 6 players. I hope to bring several copies of the game however, allowing several simultaneous games.
Length of game: 30 minutes to an hour is typical from my play tests
Will pre-gen characters be provided? Yes
Age Requirement: 8 years old and up
Day and time you would like to run: Either Friday or Saturday, any time during the day. I would be happy to run games on both days, multiple times per day if there is interest or to fill in holes in the gaming schedule.

This is a Rifts board game I've been working on for about the past five years. Not sure if PB will allow, since it is not their product (yet ;) ), but hopefully everything will be okay. Already sent the e-mail last week, so hopefully will know soon!

(Edit: Got permission from Kevin himself, so there will definitely be at least one chance for people to play! :D )
Last edited by Scott Gibbons on Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
mumah

Unread post by mumah »

Involved Observer wrote:Name of the Game: Rifts - the Board Game
Palladium Game Line: Rifts based board game
Brief Description: Ranged and melee combat on a hexagon-grid board, with several different ways to play.
Minimum and Maximum player: 2 to 6 players. I hope to bring several copies of the game however, allowing several simultaneous games.
Length of game: 30 minutes to an hour is typical from my play tests
Age Requirement: 8 years old and up
Day and time you would like to run: Either Friday or Saturday, any time during the day.

This is a Rifts board game I've been working on for about the past five years. Not sure if PB will allow, since it is not their product (yet ;) ), but hopefully everything will be okay. Already sent the e-mail last week, so hopefully will know soon!

Be sure to submit that to Palladium.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

mumah wrote:Be sure to submit that to Palladium.

Um, not sure what you mean. I sent in the email GK specified last week (got it from another board member). Is there someone else I should contact as well?
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
mumah

Unread post by mumah »

That's what I meant.
The Galactus Kid

Involved Observer wrote:
mumah wrote:Be sure to submit that to Palladium.

Um, not sure what you mean. I sent in the email GK specified last week (got it from another board member). Is there someone else I should contact as well?

You should be fine. Wayne told me that the e-mail is active. I look forward to playing the game.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

The Galactus Kid

Edited: Jim Brown made me feel stupid. :lol:

My t-shirt size is LARGE

Name of the Game: Have Fun Storming the Castle
Palladium Game Line: Splicers
Brief Description: The Machine is defending a critical mining operation used to gather resources for the construction of it robotic minions. Take part in overrunning the defenses and fortifications to disrupt or destroy the site.
Minimum and Maximum players: 6 to 8
Length of game (typically 3 to 4 hours, sometimes longer): 3 to 4 hours.
Will pre-gen characters be provided?: Yes
Age Requirement: PG 13. I curse like a sailor.
Day and time you would like to run: Friday 1 P.M.

Name of the Game: Something isn't right here...
Palladium Game Line: Splicers
Brief Description: The group is delivering a message to an allied Great House only to find that the biological markers that they have to allow them to pass unhindered through their defenses don't seem to be working. There seems to be something wrong and its up to the players to figure out what.
Minimum and Maximum player: 6 to 8
Age Requirement: PG 13. I curse like a sailor.
Day and time you would like to run: Saturday 1 P.M.

Name of the Game: Richtoven Squadron Flies Again
Palladium Game Line: Rifts (Triax 2 Luftwaffe)
Brief Description: Richtoven Squadron has been called back to the skies to protect the Fatherland from the gargoyle invaders. This time, it’s the gargoyles who are attacking NGR territory. You and your squadron must protect 5 key pieces of infrastructure: A powerplant, an airport, a bridge, a water purification plant, and…the beerhall. If 3 of the 5 should fall, then the day is lost.
Minimum and Maximum player: 6 to 8
Age Requirement: PG13
Day and time you would like to run: V.I.P. Thursday
Last edited by The Galactus Kid on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greg Diaczyk
Comment: The Official "Wayne Smith Clone"

Unread post by Greg Diaczyk »

I'm trying to set up a gaming section that will be running a series of continuous games that anyone can join in, drop out and rejoin over the course of the Open House.

This is to not only provide open gaming to those who can't find a seat at another event, but to also provide someone a short little jaunt if they miss out on signing up for something, decided to not game for a session and want a break, but changed their mind and wanted something to fill the gap, but above all provide one less excuse to those who say they could find a game to play in

At the moment all I have is me, myself and I and while the trio of us love game mastering, I think our single voice will probably die sooner rather than later and I wouldn't mind doing other stuff at the open house too...

SO! I need a bunch of other G.M.'s to help me out and join in the frey or I'm going to have to religate my Megaversal Free For All into a normal Gaming slot(s).

Those interested can respond here, or PM me with questions/comments.

Also those who are curious the game data is as follows:

Name of the Game: Underseas 2 - Megaversal Free For All!
Palladium Game Line: The setting will be Rifts, Underseas, however potential characters will be from a non-underseas setting (demonstrating use of the "Land Lubber Guide to Undersea Adventuring" in the upcoming Underseas 2 World Book (This is not in Rifts Lemuria, which is supposed to be out in April))
Brief Description:
Minimum and Maximum Player: Any and all!
Length of Game: 3 or 4 hours then a break and then back at it (entire Open House)
Will Pre-Gens Characters be Provided? Yes; All the Classic Rifts Characters will be available as pre-gens, but others are welcome to jump in. Each player will also be able to pic an Underseas Surival Card, this card will provide you will a key "upgrade" to your base character allowing them to better cope with surviving in the undersea community/environment.
Age Requirement: 10+?
Day and time you would like to run: All the Time.
T-Shirt: Large
Greg Diaczyk,
"Wayne Smith Clone"
Palladium Freelance Writer and Editor

Carmen

Unread post by Carmen »

Name of the Game: Attack on High Point Station
Palladium Game Line: Robotech - Macross Saga
Brief Description: General Coalhammer, of the RDF Armored Core has went rogue and captured the High Point Research and Repair Station. Your veritech squadron has been tasked to take back the RDF station without destroying the town! Game will take place in a scale city with miniatures and figures for all players and opponents!
Minimum and Maximum player: 8 players minimum, 12-16 maximum
Length of game (typically 3 to 4 hours, sometimes longer): 4 hours
Age Requirement: No
Day and time you would like to run: twice Fri + Sat, once Sun
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

It's official, I'm crazy.

Name: World Ablaze
Game: Megaversal (That means ALL Palladium games)
Time: One Game for Saturday Afternoon (1pm), Runtime: Variable, looking to be done in 3-4 hours.
Number of Players: No Limit (2+) (Characters NOT provided)
Age Req: 13+ (only due to my mouth and some violence)
Description: This is a B.Y.O.C. game. That's right 'Bring Your Own Character'. It must be book legal by my standings, which shouldn't be hard as long as no one tries anything 'clever'. Any Character, from Any Game, at Any Level.

Name: Rose for Sharyn
Game: Phase World
Time: One game set for Friday Afternoon (1pm), Runetime: 3-4 hours
Number of Players: 4-10 (Characters Provided)
Description: The Group is hired to deliver a package of utmost importance to a Free Worlds Council installation. Only thing is the Trans-Galactic Empire is doing all they can to stop this vital delivery and use then use the event to launch an attack. Will you bleed for the FWC Or will the Empire rule?

Name: The Arms of Sorrow
Game: Rifts
Time: One game set for Sunday Afternoon (1pm), Runetime: 3-4 hours
Number of Players: 4-10 (Characters Provided)
Description: After a long trek through the eastern wilderness of North America, the adventurers find themselves at a Wilderness Town looking for rest and resupply. However, they are greeted with fear and distrust as they learn of a terrible tragedy that's befallen the town. Will they help the beleaguered townsfolk with their problem or leave them to their own?

-Lonnie
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by ingexthefuryhunter1 »

Name of the Game: Escape from Hades, or how I learned to love the unexpected and live with the heat.

Palladium Game Line: Phase world.

Brief Description: You have escaped your capture's, but can you survive to tell your story before the Demons envelope the three galaxies and eat your souls for crossing them.

Minimum and Maximum player 4 min (8max)

Length of game 4 to 6 hour

Age Requirement 15 and up
Day and time you would like to run Saturday morning
Shirt size 5X
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

The Black Pyramid!!!

Palladium Game Line: Rifts
Brief Description: As a squad in New Alexandria's dimensional exploration Division you have been sent to a mysterious unknown planet to explore and hopefully make peaceful contact with other worlds and cultures.
Minimum and Maximum player: 3 min, max 12 but that kind of crowding would suck.
Length of game (typically 3 to 4 hours, sometimes longer) : 3+ hours
Age Requirement: I work blue so No Kids
Day and time you would like to run: Preferably when Brandon Aten is not running because I want to kill his character as a lesson to the rest of the players.

Operation Prison Shower:

Palladium Game Line: Rifts, but really any game line.
Brief Description: The Coalition has declared war on the City State of New Alexandria and General Caligo has decided to assemble a mob to teach Chi-Town a lesson in manners. Seriusly you get handed a buch of ammunition and teleported to the doorstep of the CS, its that simple.
Minimum and Maximum player: I don't care
Length of game (typically 3 to 4 hours, sometimes longer): 3+ hours?
Will pre-gen characters be provided?: No, you bring your own, translated as a rifts character. Character must not be Pro-Coalition, cannot be a Mulka or possess Mulka levels of power, and must be e-mailed to me before the game.
Age Requirement: This game will likely involve Alcohol
Day and time you would like to run: Saturday Night at the Hotel.

Shirt size: Sexy (XL)
Last edited by rat_bastard on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
The Galactus Kid

I will totally play in both of rattys games. I may have to bust out an unused character to lay the smack down on the cs. Is there a level requirement?

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I will totally play in both of rattys games. I may have to bust out an unused character to lay the smack down on the cs. Is there a level requirement?

"Operation Prison Shower" is basically where Gen Caligo took all of the unruly people who could not fit into a traditional military structure of the Platinum Shield and unleashed them in a single sucker punch at the gates of Chi-town. There is absolutely no level limit, just PM or E-mail me the sheet and I'll give you a judgment.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Eryk Stormbright »

Name of the Game: XY Rising....
Palladium Game Line: Megaversal
Brief Description: Thanks to a powerhungry Mind Mage from last game (Carman B ;))has awakened part of the Great Old One XY, now he goes to finish the job, and become ~Fully~ awake. Thoth summons heroes from all across the Megaverse….You arrive at a temple where the God of Wisdom and Magic sits on a golden throne and makes you an offer, an offer that can save or damn the Megaverse.
Max players: 8-10
Length of Game: 4-6 hours
Will Pre-Gen characters be provided: Yes
Day and Time: Sunday 1PM

Name of the Game: Suffer the Little children.
Palladium Game Line: PFRPG
Brief Description: Over the last 60 or so years children have been gone missing in the ETs, most have thought it because of the monsters and such, but it's been happening more and more as of late. the players are brought together to find out what is happening to the children, and what they find leads to more than they barged for.
Max Players: 10
Length of Game: 4-6 hous
Will Pre-gens be provided: Yes.
Day and Time of game: Saturday Morning

Name of the Game: From Beneath you it devoures.
Palladium Game Line: PFRPG
Brief Description: The players come across a small mining town that has seen better days. once in the town they find the towns people seeking their aid. they are being hunted by monsters in the night. can the players stop the monsters and save the town before it is too late?
Max Players: 7-10
Length of Game: 4-6 hours
Will Pre-gens be provided: Yes
Day and time for the Game: Friday Morning would be great.

and my Shirt Size is Large.
Last edited by Eryk Stormbright on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am master of all I see.... and I see Everything.
Augur
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Creator of the best PBP sites online: Explorers Unlimited & Savage Rifts

Unread post by Augur »

I shall only run 1 game at Open House this year. Last year's marathon 3 games and 2 pick-ups was punishing!

T-SHIRT SIZE: XL

Name of the Game: The Old Man and the Sea
Palladium Game Line: Dead Reign
Brief Description: A group of survivors must flee zombie-infested Key West as a major Hurricane is soon to flatten and submerge everything in its path.
Minimum and Maximum player: 4-10 players
Length of game: 4 hours (Game will be timed and played in REAL TIME)
Will pre-gen characters be provided?: Absolutely
Age Requirement: 12 minimum (I curse like a sailor at times as I used to be one)
Day and time you would like to run: Friday or Saturday, preferably in the evening block
ImageImageImage
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Name of the Game – Hollywood Horrors
Palladium Game Line – Dead Reign
Brief Description –Hollywood used to have four seasons, fire, landslide, riot and award, now it only has one, Zombie season. You are your fellow cast and crew are trapped on the back lot of Enterprise Studios. Can you survive the Zombie horde and escape to the hills or will you become another uncredited victim? This session will use miniatures and prizes will be awarded.
Minimum and Maximum player – 3 Min / 6 Max
Length of game – 4 Hours
Will pre-gen characters be provided? – Yes
Age Requirement – 13+
Day and time you would like to run – VIP Thursday & Friday Morning (10:00 AM)

Name of the Game – Battle of the Bulge
Palladium Game Line – Beyond the Supernatural 2
Brief Description - The German offensive caught the psychics of Special Detachment and the rest of the Allies completely off guard. Is the offensive simply a ruse to distract the Allies from the Fuhrers true goal? What occult secrets does Antwerp hold? Can your “Special” Detachment team keep Hitler’s forces from discovering them before its too late? Prizes awarded.
Minimum and Maximum player – 3 Min / 6 Max
Length of game – 4 Hours
Age Requirement – 13+
Day and time you would like to run – Friday Night (7:00 or 8:00 PM)

Name of the Game – One Minute Past Midnight
Palladium Game Line – Rifts: Chaos Earth
Brief Description - No doubt about it, doomsday is upon us. America’s safety and her most important secrets are in your hands, can you keep them safe from the forces of Chaos? Prizes awarded.
Minimum and Maximum player – 4 Min / 8 Max
Length of game – 4 Hours
Age Requirement – 13+
Day and time you would like to run – Saturday morning (10:00 AM)

Name of the Game – Firebase Nowhere
Palladium Game Line – Rifts
Brief Description - Just another day on the frontier, running patrols and keeping the area safe from D-Bees and practitioners of magic. Nothing ever happens out here in the sticks, until today. Join this rag tag bunch of short-timers, burn-outs and rejects as they fight to save the Coalition and humanity from the forces of evil! Prizes awarded.
Minimum and Maximum player – 4 Min / 8 Max
Length of game – 4 Hours
Age Requirement – 13+
Day and time you would like to run – Sunday morning (10:00 AM)
DocTom
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by DocTom »

I would like to run the following games:
(My t-shirt size is large)

Name of the Game: Half Moon
Palladium Game Line: Robotech
Brief Description: You are a Veritech Hover Tank pilot in the Army of the Southern Cross. Late one night your commanding officer returns bruised, dirty, and beat up from a recon patrol. To make matters worse one of your squad members, who was also on the patrol, was captured by the enemy! While your squadron does not have any orders from General Emerson, your Lieutenant has decided to launch a rescue mission. Can you succeed? Who will survive?
Minimum and Maximum player: 2-10
Length of game: 3-4 hours
Will pre-gen characters be provided? All characters will be pre-generated.
Age Requirement: Players of any age are welcome.
Day and time you would like to run: Anytime on Friday or Saturday, or Sunday morning.

Name of the Game: Rifts Collectable Card Game Tournament
Palladium Game Line: Rifts CCG
Brief Description: Come and compete to be this year’s Rifts CCG International Champion. Bring your own deck, or play with a loaner deck. If numbers are similar to 2009 this will be run as a round robin tournament. If many more players come to compete, we will shift to a double elimination format. There will be prizes for the tournament winner and for players new to the game.
Minimum and Maximum players: 2 or more
Length of game: 3-4 hours
Will pre-gen characters be provided? Characters... no, but there will be premade decks that newcomers can use.
Age Requirement: Players of any age are welcome.
Day and time you would like to run: I would like to run this Saturday morning.
The Galactus Kid

I would really like to compete this year in the CCG tourney.

Rimdall
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Rimdall »

In for a penny, in for a pound...

Family Roots

RPG/World setting: Beyond the Supernatural 2nd Ed.
- A woman appears, claiming to be from the past. Asked to establish the validity of her claims, the team uncovers horrifying secrets long thought hidden. Can they determine the truth in time to save the day?
- Maximum Number of Players: 6
- Running Time: 3-4 hours.
- What days you can run: Friday
- When: morning
– Pre-generated character sheets will be available
- Minimum age of the players: 13

Mayhem at the Museum

RPG/World setting: Beyond the Supernatural 2nd Ed.
- The university art gallery managed to get an exclusive exhibit from a Japanese Buddist temple. But ever since the items arrived, strange things have been going on and even stranger sights are seen. Can the team figure out the problems and save the university's reputation?
- What days you can run: Saturday
- When: morning

Rest and Relaxation at last

RPG/World setting: Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles
- Your ship's been at the pointy end for far too long; finally getting rotated back for some R&R, a distress signal intrudes on your down time. What awaits on the planet below?
- What days you can run: Friday
- When: afternoon

My T-shirt size is 2XL
Reguoc
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Reguoc »

Ok Gang here goes my contributions for this year...

ALL GAMES WILL BE PG-13 due to violence, language and possible horrific situation (If you want your kids to play, you need to accompany them if they can't drive themselves)
ALL GAMES WILL BE Based on a 3-4 hour run time. If more players are added to any session then times may extend.
ALL GAMES are intended to run with a minimum of 4 PCs. The comfortable upper limit is generally 8, but I can accommodate more if needed.
Pre-Gens will be provided, but imports from your own imagination will be considered for all games (PM Me if you have questions or catch me before we game)
Would like to run the games on Friday this year. Willing to GM All Day!

T-Shirt is 2x.

Game #1: Zombies Unlimited!

Setting: Modified Dead Reign set in the HU2e world

Synopsis: A cry for assistance has come from Gramercy Island. The Centurions and several other groups of Legionnaires responded hours ago but no one has heard anything since. Someone needs to go in and find out what has happened..and why the automated distress beacons are still going off.

GAME #2 After the Zomb!

Setting: Modified Dead Reign in the ATB2e world.

The Empire of Humanity has really done it now. Some sort of new chemical super weapon is what the rumors say. Its up to your team of Cowmandoes to get into the lab and prevent the plague from being unleashed..or is it already too late.

Game #3: The Initiation

Setting: Dead Reign in the NSS universe

You are part of a secret society of shadow hunters. Tonight is your initiation into their final ranks of the Damned Legion. With nothing but the tools of your trade you are set into an ancient underground temple. Your task is to survive the night. Sounds easy enough, after all its been sealed for years and nothing could possibly still be alive in there.

Game #4: Into the ruins.

Setting: Modified Dead Reign in the Rifts universe

Your Coalition patrol just came across a small settlement that was massacred. Your psychics sensed that necromantic magic was used and you have followed the trail back to a deep, dark hole. It appears that some of the settlers (CS citizens) may still be alive based on the trail signs (and still damp spots of blood). Air support can be here in less than an hour, but there's no way some magic user is going to kill any more citizens on your watch. Turning on the night vision your team heads in to save the survivors, before its too late...

I have a couple other games in mind as well, but I don't know if there will be time for them officially...I may run them back at the hotel (or if support for them is greater I can change them up).

Extra Game#1:NINJAS and SUPERZOMBIES!

Setting: Modified Dead Reign in a NSS/HU2e world.

The Century Station outbreak has gone global and its up the remaining Masters to stop the plague. Can their years of training overcome the super powered undead unleashed on the world?

EXTRA GAME #2: Out of the Mists....comes darkness

Setting: Chaos Earth during the outbreak of the Zombie Apocalypse

You are a member of a search and rescue patrol investigating a report from one of the scouts that spotted survivors in the ruins of West Des Moines. The flooded river has kept that part of town separated from the rest of your camp in Des Moines for the last several weeks and your squad has just crossed the swollen banks to try to find anyone left alive in the perpetual thick fog that surrounds the area. It looks like there is motion on your sensors, so lets go take a look.

Also I received a few PMs asking to play in my game from last year. I will try to run that at some point back at the hotel or in the open gaming area as well. It is relisted here in its three parts.

1) The Great Gamer Rescue - (A Dead Reign Game in the standard universe) - You and your buddies have just finished a massive all nighter gaming session and are cleaning up the beer bottles and pizza boxes when your pal flips open his laptop and finds all kinds of reports about riots all around the country as people protest the lack of information regarding all the folks who have gotten sick over the last few days. As he starts googling around the net you get a text from another friend at the hospital with his wife and newborn baby - "All ded" huh???? Then the storm hits and power is knocked out, your wireless is dead and the TV is out. When your pal doesn't return any of your texts you decide that your crew better mount up and head over to the hospital and make sure everything is ok After all its just on the other side of campus, even if it is pitch black outside and none of the street lights are working its an easy drive, right? - Get there, get your buddy and get out before its too late.

This will be a mature scenario with the potential for horrific scenes.

This will be for 4-8 players, all of whom will be playing ordinary person (Survivor) characters from Dead Reign.

2) Escape from Saint Elsewhere - A continuation of scenario 1 above - You got to the hospital and found your pal barricaded in the nursery- unfortunately you are not the only ones interested in the newborns - they are the snack du jour for the Zombies trying to get in as well. Can you save these babies (and the extremely attractive nurse) and get out before the slouchers get in? In this scenario the PCs have been assaulted by Zombies and have a friend that has been unconscious. One of the nurses has managed to revive him, but he is not the same as before. Could he be the key to your escape? Here the players must escape from the hospital and save as many others as they can (if they want to be heroes) or just save themselves!

Once again, a mature scenario. In this scenario the characters will include some of the Survivors from scenario one, a half-living, and a security guard. It is for 4-8 players

3) Fun under the Big Top! - In the third installment our heroes have escaped from the hospital and managed to get to the edge of the fairgrounds. With a horde of undead on their heels they manage to scale the fence (hopefully) and get inside to the not yet open carnival. Will the fence keep the zombies out? If the carnival isn't open yet why are some of the rides going? Are there other survivors inside? And why is there music coming from the big tent in the middle of the fairgrounds?

This scenario will use some of the expanded information from Rifter 45.
In this scenario we have several Survivor PCs, a half-living, and a security guard. Designed for 4-8 players, but can accommodate as many as 10..
Ryan McDaniel
kamikazzijoe
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by kamikazzijoe »

So i mailed this in an forgot to post it. Here they are:

Name of the Game: The Tomb of the Final Pharaoh
Palladium Game Line: H.U.
Brief Description: Evil has found an ancient tomb in Egypt containing a powerful artifact. Good can't let them have it. Pick you side and battle each other as you make your way through the horrors and the guardians of the tomb.
Minimum and Maximum player 6-12 (Possible to accommodate more if sign up is full.)
Length of game 4 hours
Will pre-gen characters be provided? Open characters (use your own, use any printed in book, or pregens if you like)
Age Requirement 12+

Name of the Game: The Scorching Sand Crusade
Palladium Game Line SDC army rules (modified from the Rifter)
Brief Description:
"The blasphemers have awoken from their tombs. They want our blood. We'll give them fire and steel and all the powers of the universe given unto our command by the dragons to see them destroyed. Join me brothers as we march in the Scorching Sand Crusade!"
You are the dragonsworn. The elite leaders of the pharaoh tasked with leading his legions to defeat those who would seek immortality and place themselves above your beloved dragons. Just ask yourself, when the arrows start flying, the body count rising, will you have what it takes to see this through to total victory?

Minimum and Maximum player 5-10
Length of game 4 hours
Age Requirement 12+
Dr. Doom v.3.0 wrote:
You should change your title to Necromancer.

Go forth my minions! Kill! Maim! Destroy!
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Okay, I've got two games put together; the first is the same one I ran last year, so if you played then give someone else a chance. The second one came to me after listening to Tom Vs. The Flash.

I wear XXL

Name of the Game:
"A Simple Cargo Run"

Palladium Game Line: RIFTS: Phase World

Brief Description: You're hired at Center to crew a ship on a simple delivery run while it's regular crew are on leave. What could go wrong?

Minimum and Maximum player: 4 to 6, maybe more?

Length of game: 3 to 4 hours, possibly continuing after hours?

Age Requirement: Mature

Day and time you would like to run: Friday morning, as long as it's not opposite Julius's first game.

Name of the Game: "Minions! Attack!"

Palladium Game Line: Heroes Unlimited

Brief Description: Professor EEE-Vil has a plot to take over the city, and he needs minions to do his grunt work. The pay is decent, he's hiring right now and has an awesome dental plan! Apply within.

Minimum and Maximum player: 4 to 6, maybe more?

Length of game: 3 to 4 hours, possibly continuing after hours?

Age Requirement: Adult

Day and time you would like to run: Saturday afternoon
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
The Galactus Kid

I edited my game description and added my t-shirt size.

Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

YOUR T-SHIRT SIZE FOR YOUR GM SHIRT: XL

Name of the Game: Megaverse in Flames Preview
Palladium Game Line: Rifts
Game Description: You have been sent on a mission of the utmost of importance. The demon population in Hell’s Pit, the heart of the Calgary Kingdom of Monsters, has exploded in the last few months. Rumors coming out of this region suggest that a major demon army is about to emerge from the Calgary Rift. This is your mission. Stop the demon army from coming through at any cost. Yes, this is possibly a suicide mission but no one else has yet to make it as far into the kingdom as your team. Now here is the clincher. You have encountered another group who may just be able to help, except that they are not exactly allies. Together you might just be able to pull this off, if you can each put aside your differences for now! Player will be divided up into two groups so decide now if your with the Coalition or Lazlo?
Minimum and Maximum player 10 minimum, the more the better.
Length of game: 4 hours
Pre-gen characters will be provided
Age Requirement: Mature PG-13
Day and time you would like to run: VIP Thursday

Name of the Game: Mechanoid S.O.S.
Palladium Game Line: Mechanoids Space
Game Description: A science team was investigating a spacecraft thought to be from a race known as the Golden Ones. The ship is located in a nearby asteroid belt and is only a few hours away.They are 32 hours overdue. Find the team and bring back the team.
Minimum and Maximum player: 4 no max.
Age Requirement: Mature PG-13
Day and time you would like to run: Saturday Evening 6 or 7 PM

Name of the Game: Spaceport of Hell
Palladium Game Line: Rifts/Phase World
Game Description: Your ship and crew was tasked with transporting two dozen war orphans to a colony in the Corkscrew Galaxy. As your ship was waiting to leave all hell let loose in Center’s Spaceport. Now with your ship damaged and needing some vital components you and your crew mates must find the parts necessary to make repairs and get out of the Spaceport before it is overrun by demons and devil troops.
Minimum and Maximum player: Min 4 players, no max.
Age Requirement: Mature PG-23
Day and time you would like to run: Friday evening 6 or 7 PM.

Please note that there is no maximum number of players for my games. I should have plenty of Pre-gens (even if they're copies) for people to play.

Carl
ImageImage
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

ok I added acouple more games for PFRPG :)
The Galactus Kid

Vampirion wrote:How is it looking for game slots being filled (looks pretty busy, but hard to tell what the full schedule looks like)? I originally thought that the designers, artists and writers were the only candidates for GM positions, but I read in the Open House Report that Kevin had some concerns with filling some of the earlier times? Just curious, as this may not be a problem this year at all :) Still, my 3 Canadian buds and I might just have to show you how we throw down a RIFTS™ game from the frozen western Canadian tundra... BoooYA!

ANYONE can run a game. Post the info here.

MADMANMIKE

Yeah, it would help a lot. Most of the freelancers are lazy bums anyway.

-Mike <8]
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

MADMANMIKE wrote:Yeah, it would help a lot. Most of the freelancers are lazy bums anyway.

-Mike <8]

Some more than others ;) :lol:
The Galactus Kid

Eryk Stormbright wrote:
MADMANMIKE wrote:Yeah, it would help a lot. Most of the freelancers are lazy bums anyway.

-Mike <8]

True

MADMANMIKE

Hee hee hee (wrings hands maniacally). Some of the characters for my 'Minions Attack!' game are up on my DeviantArt Page.

-Mike <8]
kamikazzijoe
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by kamikazzijoe »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Eryk Stormbright wrote:

-Mike <8]

True

sounds like a henchmen set up for a second rate villain.
Dr. Doom v.3.0 wrote:
You should change your title to Necromancer.

Go forth my minions! Kill! Maim! Destroy!
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Ok, folks, as some of you already know I'm helping Wayne out with the preliminary schedule this year. The good news is that it's almost done (just waiting on one more person that I emailed earlier this evening). We are a LITTLE lighter on games than last year, but not terribly so (and we may have as many if not more available slots). With that said, if any of you have been holding out on us (especially if you care to run in the evening hours or on Sunday) then make sure to send me ALL of the pertinent info, including T-shirt size, mailing address, and current phone #, A.S.A.P. and I'll try and get you scheduled in before I send off the schedule for final approval.

Otherwise, I want to thank all of you that have volunteered this year, even those I hounded into doing so... you know who you are. In the event I don't communicate with you before-hand, I look forward to seeing you all at Open House 2010! 8-)

Edit: Whoops, in all of the scheduling work I forgot to mention the games I'll be running this year.

Title: Tales of The Crypt
Game Line: Nightbane
Description: The machinations of Dr. Heron have been halted for now, but the Factions have another reason to assemble your Night Crew once more. It seems that a major player in the Nightlord power structure will be at an unannounced meeting in downtown Springfield, Missouri. But what could be so important in a city so small that it doesn’t even have a Nightlands twin?
When: V.I.P. Night (8 P.M.)
Run Time: 4+ Hours
# of players: 4-6
Pre-Gens: Yes.
Age Restriction: 17+ (I've caused players to question my mental stability... so I guess I can be a little dark and twisted at times)

Title: Countdown
Game Line: Heroes Unlimited
Description: You and your fellow heroes are in the middle of a routine patrol of your home city when you spot a burning apartment block. Little do you know, what you may find could draw you inexorably into a race against the clock… with your lives and your reputations as heroes at stake.
When: Friday Afternoon
Age Restriction: 13+ (I run Heroes pretty gritty, but there shouldn't be too much gore...)

Title: A Chain of Darkness
Game Line: Rifts
Description: Francistown, a frontier city in what was once western Kansas, is the latest stop for the travelers from Silver Falls. But it seems this logging and fishing community is in the midst of a string of tragedies. The recent disappearances of local teenagers and children have the community at the boiling point and mistrusting of strangers, but maybe these travelers can help unravel the mystery and break the Chain of Darkness.
When: Saturday Afternoon
Age Restriction: 17+ (This may not be the case, but at least a couple of times the players' actions led to BAD consequences... the kind that make characters go insane.)

I also may run another official game on Sunday morning if there is need (and I can drag my butt out of bed that early after a weekend without sleep):

Title: The Greyhound Blues
Game Line: Dead Reign
Description: So, you're on a bus... probably never thought you'd be here. But hey, what else are you going to do when flights are grounded, trains are canceled, and travel all around the country has ground to a halt. Actually, buses aren't supposed to be on the road either but you and your fellow travelers had their reasons for taking the scheming driver up on his offer to get you to St. Louis. In the end you might end up better off than if you had waited at O'Hare International... or you might end up just as dead.
When: Sunday Morning
Run Time: 3+ Hours
Age Restriction: 17+ (This one could get bloody...)

Finally, I'm toying with the idea of running an after hours game that will be the latter half of last year's "Wireless" for those that never got to finish it (and don't have the NSG). But, we'll just have to wait and see.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Can't wait to see the listings :)
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Yes, got my pre-official-schedule wishlist put together, now I'm just waiting to see how close it matches up to the real schedule. I hope there aren't too many games I want to play in that are in conflicting time slots (crosses fingers).

Return to “Palladium Open House”