Bowing my head in shame....

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Re: Bowing my head in shame....

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Sorry to hear about your illness. I hope you make a full recovery. Palladium staff members rarely read the message boards. I would suggest you contact Palladium directly:

Palladium Books, Inc.
39074 Webb Court
Westland, MI 48185
Phone: 734-721-2900
Order Line: 734-721-2903
Fax: 734-721-1238

All you can do is explain your situation and see what happens. Don't be shy, they are a great bunch of guys to talk to, especially if you can talk with Kevin.

Good luck and hopefully we'll see you next year. :ok:

Carl
ImageImage
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

I hope you recover quickly Ghost Prime.

MikeM
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

ghost_prime wrote:Well, I sent a message off and its been over a month for a reply...so I guess not. Well, no harm in trying.

How did you message them? Was it email, PM, or snail mail? I ask because I've gotten a glimpse at how hectic those offices can be and a single letter or message can EASILY get lost. Your best bet would be to call the offices during their business hours and explain your situation. Best of luck.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I have emailed the PB staff and alerted them to this thread.
You may want to have your purchase order# available for them when they contact you.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

ghost_prime wrote:I signed up for two tickets to come to open house (2009) and was so happy I could make it and not be deployed. First time I could make it then, well, without getting descriptive, I got sick. Seems something I inhaled while deployed had done serious damage to my lungs. At the time the open house happened, I was informed last minute that they could fit me in for a lung biopsy and that afterwards I would on bed rest for at least two weeks after. At this point I promply forgot about email about it (sorry but at the time, other things had taken up my attention).
Since then I've been pretty sick though wonderfully medicated and have been to embarassed to bring it up. Now that it seems I may actually be getting better, I post this to beg, plead, and prostrate myself at the feet of those in charge to find out if there is any chance that the two tickets I bought (one for me and one for my fiance) can be transfered to the 2010 open house.
I don't want anything special and will pay a fee for the transfere if needed, I'm just hoping that you all will have mercy on me and help me out. Thanks much.

Charles Matheny

Dear Charles,

As a rule, people who buy POH tickets have till March 1st to get a full refund. After that, no refunds.

HOWEVER, this was clearly unexpected and extraordinary circumstance, so I am happy to "comp" you a pair of weekend tickets for the 2010 Palladium Open House. Kathy has already been informed and your tickets will be waiting for you. I'm sorry to hear you suffered an injury in the line of duty and missed the POH. It was a great time. I hope you can make next year, so no breathing toxic chemicals, eh? :-D

My thanks to NMI for pointing this thread out. If he didn't point it out we might never have seen it.

A general message to our fans. Palladium continues to operate extremely short-handed. Two areas where that is most apparant are the lack of support on the "Support Boards" (so very sorry) and my inability to keep up with my Private Messages (I'm currently behind 2-3 months and have something like 82 of them to look over; again sorry). If you have a pressing concern, especially about a book order or you are seeking convention support, please call the office (use the order telephone number) and speak to somebody.

Speaking of the 2010 Palladium Open House, it is coming up fast! Volunteer G.M.s please start sending in your game descriptions.

Don't forget, V.I.P. tickets go on sale Friday, July 31, 2009.

Oh, and the Rifts baseball caps arrived today. They look great too.

Charles, we look forward to seeing you and many others next year.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

OrchestralDarkness wrote:
Awesome, Kevin. It's very cool to see you stand up and help a gamer out! THIS is why I support PB.

Seconded! This is another great example of awesomeness on the part of Kevin and PB.
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Get well, Ghost Prime,

and see you at the next Open House!

Kind regards,
Hendrik

PS: Kevin, that was awesome!
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!

Return to “Palladium Open House”