Board index » SDC Worlds » Palladium Fantasy RPG®

Post subject: Re: Monstrous Creations
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:50 am

Dungeon Crawler

Demon of Weakness:

They appear as a 6ft tall gaunt old man, in a hooded cloak that is as black as pitch. Their eyes are black as a starless night, their skin as pale as bone, and their mouth is full of row upon row of sharp shark like teeth. You can see their bone structure clearly defined through their skin (think Iggy Pop or 50+ yr old Madonna) and they have no sign of body hair. Their hands are bone and frail looking, but they can instantly grow out the tips of them into wicked sharp claws about 8 inches long. They hate live as much as any other demon, but likes to play with its food first.

Alignment: Diabolic
Attributes:
IQ 4D6
ME 3D6
MA 3D6
PS 4D6 +3
PP 4D6+2
PE 3D6+3
PB 2D6
SPD 6D6 +8

SDC 4D6 x10
HP PE + 4D6 +10
AR 14
Horror factor: 13
ISP: 3D6 x10

Abilities:
Claws: 4D6 damage (plus strength bonus)and retractable. When successfully attacked the defender must make a save vs. magic 14 or higher or 1D4 point permanently from one of the following: Physical Strength, Physical Endurance, Physical Prowess, or Speed. The demon sucks these out and adds them to his own.
Bio-Regeneration: 3D6 per round.
Major Psionic: 6 powers from the Sensitive or Healing category and 6 from the Physical category.
See the Invisible
Nightvision 200 ft
Turn self into Shadow (Cannot physically attack in this state).
Dimensional Teleport 46%
Fire resistant (Half damage from magic Fire)
Supernatural Strength

Weakness:
Silver and Holy Weapons do double damage.

Attacks per round: 5
Bonuses: +4 dodge and parry. +5 to strike. +3 to save vs magic. +2 to initiative, +6 to save vs horror factor, +1 on all other saving throws.
Magic: none

Last edited by jade von delioch on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:24 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Lakewood, WA.
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
My main criticism of this is that you have a set number listed for each of the attributes as if this were a single character rather than a ranged die roll for each attribute for a race. Or is this supposed to be a specific character?

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:25 pm

Dungeon Crawler

It was. However, I'll do a quick edit and make that change.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:24 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Lakewood, WA.
Thank you. It reads much better now for creating a demon of that type rather than as a set character.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:56 pm

Champion

The Mystic White Lion

A race of intelligent large than normal, white lions who can speak, use magic and psyonics, and metamorph into a humanoid form (or partial) any time it chooses for however long it chooses. They have been used as judges and lawmen for their legendary able to see into the very souls of someone. However, this isn't true. They simply have a very astute ability of observation, logic, and deductive reasoning. There are rumors of a king in the old kingdom.

Horror factor: 6 (If considered an unjust person who knows the legend: 12) Awe factor: 5
IQ: 3D8, ME: 3d8, MA: 3d8, PS: Lion form: 4d6, human form -5 from Lions form,....I will finish this later. Sorry guys!

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:21 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

I have some ideas for more tauric creatures so should have something to post here soon.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:36 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

The ideas I have planned to do at the moment are the Rhinotaur, a pig-based centaur creature and a mer-creature with the lower body of a whale and the upper body of a giant.

I have completed the Rhinotaur and will post it now:

Rhinotaur

Rhinotaurs are a race of half-man, half-rhinoceros. They are a rare, seclusive people whose origin is lost to antiquity.
Rhinotaurs live in muddy areas and grasslands in groups of 4 to 5 or as solitary individuals. Some will travel to other areas to learn trades, and if so they make excellent blacksmiths and have been noted for their work in masonry and stone sculpture.

Alignment: Any
Attributes: I.Q. 3d6, M.E. 2d6, M.A. 2d6, P.S. 3d6+20, P.P. 3d6, P.E. 5d6, P.B. 2d6, Spd 5d6
Hit Points: P.E. +1d6 per level of experience
S.D.C.: 60 plus those gained from O.C.C.s and physical skills.
A.R.: 8
Horror Factor: 12
P.P.E.: 4d6
O.C.C.s Available to Rhinotaurs: Any
Natural Abilities: Excellent swimmers (85%), track 60%, prowl 60%. Incapable of leaping.
Attacks Per Melee: Three per round, or by hand to hand combat, whichever is greater.
Damage: Head butt 2d4 points of damage, horn attack does 2d6, kick with front legs does 3d6 points of damage, hind legs 5d6, trample does 5d6+10 points of damage. Can also attack using weapons.
Bonuses: +4 to damage, +1 to initiative, +2 to strike and parry, +1 to dodge, +2 to save vs. Horror Factor.
Magic: By O.C.C. only
Psionics: Standard
Average Life Span: 80 years, some have lived to 120.
Value: 600 to 1200 gold
Habitat: Ophid's Grasslands, Land of the South Winds.
Languages: Three of choice (+15%)
Enemies: They dislike most other races and humanoids in general.
Allies: Other tauric races
Physical Appearance: They look like rhinoceroses with a human torso coming out of the neck. The head, hands and belly are all humanoid, though the thick armored hide covers their entire body and they have a single thick, spiky horn protruding from their foreheads.
Size: 12-14 feet long, 7-8 feet tall at the shoulder.
Weight: 2600-5000 pounds

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:14 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

I am taking more time than anticipated with the Pigtaurs than anticipated because I am trying to work out details of their social order and the fact that they are cannibals. Hope to have something to post soon.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:18 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Pigtaur

Pigtaurs are a race of half-man, half-pig. Also called Pork-kin, they are a rare people whose origin is lost to antiquity. They are cannibals who will feed on each other if other food is scarce or to exercise population control (see below).
Pigtaurs have a matriarchal society where the males are kept as slaves to serve the female breeders. A Pigtaur tribe is made up of a female chieftain who keeps a stable of 7-12 (6+1d6) concubines, and the children produced by the chieftain and said concubines. The female chieftain will typically produce 4-16 (4d4) children in one birthing, though if giving birth to more than 8 children at one time, the mother will kill and eat some of them to reduce the burden of raising so many. Female children are also consumed in this way to allow the chieftain to limit the number of females in the tribe. After mating with a male, the chieftain will also sometimes kill the sire to provide food for herself and others in the tribe.
While they are cannibals, Pigtaurs can also survive by eating meat from other sources, and from eating roots and vegetables. It is the job of the adult males to hunt, gather and farm food for the tribe, as well as build any structures used by the tribe.
Amongst the males of the tribe, there is a hierarchy based on strength, with the males engaging in contests of strength to determine who is the chief concubine, and who is to breed next, etc. The male who becomes chief concubine serves as the male leader of the tribe, subservient only to the female chieftain, and will often hold that title well into old age, being spared from being killed by the chieftain even once breeding with her. Male children of the chieftain will often be traded to other tribes once they reach maturity, in exchange for new concubines. Likewise, males who have bred with the chieftain who are not killed may also be traded for fresh concubines.
Females reaching maturity will become a threat to the chieftain of the tribe, and so will be sent to create tribes of their own, typically being granted 6 males out of the available concubines and brothers of the young female. This is to allow the maturing female to form her own tribe. Females who choose or are forced to breed prior to reaching maturity are similarly outcast, but will typically be granted only the weakest and most sickly of the males available or none at all. Females found wandering with males who have not yet reached maturity are a prime target for other tribes who will try to kill the young female and steal her males.
Pigtaurs' faces resemble those of humans with the exception of having snouts and the males will typically have tusks.

Alignment: Selfish or evil
Attributes: I.Q. 3d6, M.E. 2d6, M.A. 2d6, P.S. 4d6, P.P. 3d6, P.E. 4d6, P.E. 2d6, Spd 3d6
S.D.C.: 25 plus those gained from O.C.C.s and physical skills
Natural A.R.: 6
O.C.C.s available to Pigtaurs: Any, but rarely study magic
Natural Abilities: Nightvision 40 feet, prowl 50%, track 80%, swim 50%
Attacks Per Melee: Three per round or by hand to hand combat, whichever is greater
Damage: Males have tusks which do 2d6 points of damage; kick with front legs does 2d4 points of damage, hind legs 3d6, or by weapon
Bonuses: +4 damage, +1 to initiative, +2 to strike, +2 to dodge
Average Life Span: 60 years unless killed; some have lived to 100
Value: Meat: 200-300 gold
Habitat: Great Northern Wilderness
Enemies: None per se; will war with other tribes of their own kind
Allies: None per se
Physical Appearance: They look like pigs with a human torso coming out of the neck. The head, hands and belly are all human, though they have a snout and the males have tusks. They also have six teats on the upper human torso in addition to those on the pig-like portion of the body.
Size: 5-6 feet tall
Weight: 350-600 pounds
Notes: Pigtaurs prefer bladed weapons and banded metal armor, but have also been known to craft armor and weapons out of bone, using the remains on those they eat to do so. As tauric creatures, they cannot wear full suits of armor, but rather wear half-suits. They do not typically wear clothing, however the chieftain and favored concubines will adorn themselves in large amounts of jewelry as a sign of their ranking within the tribe.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:43 pm

Adventurer

Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Notes: Pigtaurs prefer bladed weapons and banded metal armor, but have also been known to craft armor and weapons out of bone, using the remains on those they eat to do so. As tauric creatures, they cannot wear full suits of armor, but rather wear half-suits. They do not typically wear clothing, however the chieftain and favored concubines will adorn themselves in large amounts of jewelry as a sign of their ranking within the tribe.
What is the AR of bone armor, anyway?

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:04 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
What is the AR of bone armor, anyway?
I wasn't sure myself, which is why I didn't include and stats for it. I just thought it was a logical use of bodies they feed upon.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:01 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Balu

These gentle giants are akin to mermaids, having the upper body of a giant humanoid and the lower body of a whale. They inhabit the oceans of the Palladium World and are beautiful in their own way.
Balu are quiet in spite of their size and speak mind-to-mind rather than out loud, being natural psychics. They generally travel in mated pairs or alone, and once they have a child, they will settle down in one location to raise it. They rarely have more than one or two children.

Alignment: Good
Attributes: I.Q. 3d6, M.E. 4d6, M.A. 4d6, P.S. 5d6+2, P.P. 4d6, P.E. 4d6, P.B. 3d6, Spd 1d6 (X5 swimming)
S.D.C.: 1d4X10+40, plus those gained from O.C.C. and physical skills
Natural A.R.: 10
P.P.E.: 6d6
O.C.C.s Available to Balu: Any with the exception of magical O.C.C.s. Balu cannot use magic!
Skill Notes: All Balu speak Troll/Giantese.
Physical Appearance: Giant humanoid torso, head and arms with the lower body of a whale. Males are generally bald. Those having hair on the head will have it matching the color of the skin, which comes in shades of blue, gray and white.
Height: 15-20 feet long; 14 +1d6 additional feet
Weight: 800 to 2000 pounds
Average Life Span: 300 years, but some have lived to 500
Natural Abilities: Superior physical strength and endurance. Poor day vision, nightvision 60 feet (can see in total darkness), swim 100%, breathe underwater (indefinitely, as well as breathe air above water), resistant to cold (half damage), sense magnetic north 90%, electromagnetic sensitivity, echo-location/sonar, maximum depth tolerance one mile.
Attacks Per Melee: Three, or by hand to hand combat, whichever is greater
Damage: Tail slap does 3d6 damage +P.S. damage bonus. As a giant, a restrained, open-handed slap does 1d6 damage, a restrained punch does 2d4 damage, a full strength punch inflicts 2d6 damage +P.S. damage bonus, a power punch does 4d6 damage +P.S. damage bonus but counts as two attacks. Can also attack using weapons.
Magic: None
Psionics: All Balu are Mind Mages. Average two to fifth level. If used as a player character, start at level one.
Enemies: None per se
Habitat: Oceans
Favorite Weapons: Spears

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:22 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

I was reading over the writeup of Gryphons in the Monsters & Animals book this morning and decided I want to do a different version with greater intelligence and that does not have bird legs for the front legs but rather has a full lion body and legs with the head and wings of a bird. I may also do a revised version of my Grifficorn as well as a version of a Hippogryph and an antlered and hooved griffin-like creature inspired by a picture I saw in a book.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:32 pm

Champion

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
I was reading over the writeup of Gryphons in the Monsters & Animals book this morning and decided I want to do a different version with greater intelligence and that does not have bird legs for the front legs but rather has a full lion body and legs with the head and wings of a bird. I may also do a revised version of my Grifficorn as well as a version of a Hippogryph and an antlered and hooved griffin-like creature inspired by a picture I saw in a book.

Given what I know.. a lion body with bird head and forelegs = hippogryph
Bird head and full lion body = Regular gryphon
I've never heard of a grifficorn
Antlered and hooved... does it still have a bird head (but with antlers?) and hooves instead of lion paws??
Because there is the Peryton which looks like a deer with fangs and wings and is already in the monsters and animals book (at least it is in the one I have).

Razzinold wrote:
And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:11 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Given what I know.. a lion body with bird head and forelegs = hippogryph
Bird head and full lion body = Regular gryphon
I've never heard of a grifficorn
Antlered and hooved... does it still have a bird head (but with antlers?) and hooves instead of lion paws??
Because there is the Peryton which looks like a deer with fangs and wings and is already in the monsters and animals book (at least it is in the one I have).
A hippogryph is a horse with bird front legs and head and wings, though in my version will have a full horse body with bird head and wings. There is no Hippogryph listed in the Monsters & Animals book currently that I know of.
The regular Gryphon in the Monsters & Animals book has the front legs of a bird. Plus they are only animal intelligence and cannot cast magic. I intend to change those things with my version.
The Grifficorn is my own invention and was posted earlier in this thread.
The antlered and hooved griffin I intend to create will have a bird head and beak, not fangs.

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:36 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon (Variant)

I am making this a variant type in case people want to use the one in the book and this one in addition to that.

Gryphons are intelligent creatures of magic that appear to be a combination of eagle and lion. Their origin is unknown, but it is suspected that they were created by a great wizard or god to fight in a war in ancient times. They can be found in the cliffs of remote mountain ranges, particularly those in the north.
Gryphons prefer to live isolated from other races, which they consider a threat to their nests and eggs. In spite of having a lion body, the Gryphon will lay eggs rather than bear live young. Even though they live so isolated, adult males will often travel to hire themselves on as mercenaries, and when doing so will let humanoids ride on their backs.

Alignment: Any, but are typically of Good alignment
Attributes: I.Q. 3d6, M.E. 2d6, M.A. 2d6, P.S. 4d6, P.P. 4d6, P.E.5d6, P.B. 4d6, Spd 4d6 running, 1d6X10+48 flying
S.D.C.: 4d6+20 plus any gained by O.C.C. or physical skills
Natural A.R.: 9
Horror Factor: 13
P.P.E.: 1d6X10
O.C.C.s available to Gryphons: Mercenary warrior, or any practitioner of magic
Natural Abilities: Fly, nightvision 120 feet, exceptional hawk-like vision (can see a rabbit two miles away), 180 degree arc for peripheral vision, prowl 66%, track by sight 54%. Have talons rather than paws for feet which can be manipulated as hands, allowing them to write and use weapons and tools.
Attacks Per Melee: Three hand to hand or two by magic (if known)
Damage: Restrained talon/claw attack does 1d6 damage, full strength talon/claw attack does 3d6 damage, bite does 1d6 damage, or by weapon.
Bonuses: +4 on initiative, +4 to strike, +3 to parry, +4 to dodge, +4 to save vs. Horror Factor
Psionics: None
Average Life Span: 200 years
Value: Slave/trained adult: 30,000+ gold
Habitat: Mountains worldwide, particularly those in the north
Enemies: Vampires and other undead
Allies: Humans and elves
Physical Appearance: They have the head of an eagle, the body of a lion, feet which resemble talons, and great feathered wings. Their bodies are also covered by downy feathers rather than fur.
Size: Six feet tall, ten feet long, plus tail
Weight: 180-280 pounds
Notes:Gryphons are extremely loyal and honest in their dealings. They often gather in small loose knit communities of 4d4. A mated pair (they mate for life) can produce 1d6 eggs once every eight years. Young leave the parents at the age of ten or eleven and reach maturity by age fifteen. Gryphons typically feed on sheep, goats, deer and large foul.
Variant Notes: GMs may wish to use this race of Gryphons in addition to the race listed in the Monsters & Animals book. If so, just call these Gryphons something else and use both!

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:27 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

I am currently in the process of writing up creatures native to my realm of Kh'ron which I will be posting here and linking back to my Kronos, God of Time thread. I currently have a type of insect-deer hybrid called a Scarabou and two types of clockwork spiders written up and am in the process of writing up an intelligent race of giant spiders who use steampunk style technology. I will be posting the ones I have done in the next couple of days as I have time.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:36 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Scarabou

Scarabou are a type of insect-deer hybrid native to the realm of Kh'ron which have thick plating on parts of their body and wings which rest on their backs providing a hard shell when not in use. The plating and shell is an iridescent color which ranges from green to purple, but is sometimes gold, and is reflective of light. As natives of Kh'ron, they can manipulate time in their defense if attacked.

Alignment: Considered good
Attributes: I.Q. 1d6 (animal intelligence), M.E. 1d6, M.A. 1d6, P.S. 4d6, P.P. 3d6, P.E. 4d6, P.B. 4d6, Spd 4d6 (X2 flying)
Size: Body: 5 to 6 and a half feet; tail: up to 11 inches
Weight: 300-750 pounds
Hit Points: 4d6
S.D.C.: 2d6+50
P.P.E.: 3d6
A.R.: 13
Attacks per melee: 2
Damage: Kick does 2d4 points of damage, butt with horns 2d6+4
Natural Abilities: Flying, swim 60%, prowl 60%, leap up to 8 feet high and 16 feet long. Immune to temporal effects and magic. Natural body armor plating.
Temporal Slowing: Can slow time if attacked (those attacking them suffer -4 to initiative and reduced to half attacks).
Light Reflection: Their bodies reflect light due to the iridescent plating (those attacking them suffer a penalty of -2 to strike if in normal daylight, twice that if it is a sunny day).
Average Life Span: 30-40 years.
Value: Armor plating (desired for armor): 40-50 gold, meat (whole animal): 100 gold
Habitat: Grasslands, open brush land, and tundra.
Range: Found exclusively in the realm of Kh'ron
Behavior: Scarabou are herbivores and their diet consists mainly of plant materials such as grasses and shrubs to lichens. These creatures are shy and elusive and do not associate in large herds (4d6). Young females usually produce a single young after a gestation period of 6 to 7 months; older females may produce 2 or 3 young at a time.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:19 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Pocketwatch Spider

Pocketwatch Spiders are clockwork creatures native to the realm of Kh'ron which are sometimes kept as pets. They are roughly the size of pocket watches and have a clock in their abdomen. When living on their own, they will spin intricate webs of chain which can be used to entangle prey.

Size: 3-6 inches
Weight: A few ounces
A.R.: 8
Hit Points and S.D.C. Combined: 2d6
P.P.E.: 5d6
Attacks per melee: 1
Damage: Bite does 1d6 points of damage, whipping opponents with chain does 1d4 points of damage, can wrap victims in chain and constrict chain for 1d4 damage per melee round.
Bonuses: +2 initiative, +2 to strike and entangle, +2 to dodge
Natural Abilities: Eats metal to produce chain webs with an S.D.C. of 1 point per foot. Prowl 80%, climb 98%.
Speed: 5
Average Life Span: 100 years
Value: 100 gold
Habitat: Realm of Kh'ron forests
Range: Great Clock Face of Kh'ron, Great Gears of Kh'ron
Behavior: Pocketwatch Spiders eat minerals which allow them to generate webs of chain which they use to weave walkways between plants and buildings they anchor them to. They are fairly docile creatures and make great pets.

Cog Spider

Cog Spiders are clockwork creatures native to the realm of Kh'ron which instinctively repair the naturally occurring machines there. They are bigger than their cousin, the Pocketwatch Spider, and similar to other clockwork creatures in Kh'ron, they eat minerals to produce metal, in this case creating machine parts with which they make repairs. Their primary purpose in life seems to be to replace damaged or missing cogs and parts in machines. For this reason, they are sometimes kept as pets by machinesmiths and tinkerers.

Size: 4-8 inches
Weight: A few ounces
A.R.: 10
Hit Points and S.D.C. Combined: 3d6
P.P.E.: 5d6
Damage: Bite does 1d6 points of damage
Bonuses: +1 initiative, +3 to strike, +1 to dodge
Natural Abilities: Eats metal to produce cogs and machine parts, instinctively repairs machines by replacing damaged and missing pieces. Prowl 80%, climb 98%.
Speed: 3
Average Life Span: 10 years
Value: 100 gold
Habitat: Anywhere there are machines within the realm of Kh'ron
Range: Anywhere in Kh'ron
Behavior: Cog Spiders eat minerals which allow them to generate cogs and machine parts which they instinctively use to repair machines. They are fairly docile unless provoked and make great pets.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:13 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Giant Tinker Spider

The Giant Tinker Spider is a highly intelligent arachnid native to the realm of Kh'ron. Members of this race are master mechanics and repairmen even though they require the use of special tools to do their work due to having pincher-claws and not hands. Much of their equipment and tools must be acquired through trade with other races. It is believed that their high intelligence may have been the result of some strange magical experiment to make them into what they are as the repairmen to the many machines of Kh'ron.

Alignment: Any, but usually of good alignments
Attributes: I.Q. 3d6, M.E. 2d6, M.A.2d6, P.S. 4d6, P.P. 3d6, P.E. 4d6, P.B. 2d6, Spd 2d6
S.D.C.: 2d4X10
A.R.: 6
Horror Factor: 12
O.C.C.s Available to Giant Tinker Spider: Any, but favor O.C.C.s where mechanical and construction skills are used.
Skill Notes: +10% to any skills related to mechanics and construction. Automatically gets Paired Weapons skill.
Natural Abilities: Can use the four front-most of their limbs as arms to manipulate tools and weapons; total of eight limbs. Prowl 60%, climb 90%/80%, nightvision 200 feet, and can leap 10 feet high and 15 feet long.
Attacks per melee: Four if no hand to hand training is taken; four plus those gained by hand to hand training and/or boxing! An experienced Giant Tinker Spider fighter will have six to nine attacks per melee round.
Bonuses: +2 initiative, +2 to strike, +4 to parry, +2 to dodge
Damage: Pincher-claws do 2d6 damage plus P.S. damage bonus, and can also use pincher-claws to manipulate weapons.
Poison Bite: Bite does 2d4 points of damage plus poison. Poison causes bite to become swollen and sensitive for three days. The poison takes effect in twenty minutes, causing fever and nausea. Victims feel weak, lose one melee attack, -1 to strike, -2 to parry and dodge, and -10% to skill performance. Multiple bites cause a cumulative effect; standard saving throw vs. non-lethal poison (16 or higher). The poison remains in the system for 24 hours.
Average Life Span: 40 years; few live beyond 55
Habitat: Giant Tinker Spiders are native to the realm of Kh'ron where they can be found living in caves and underground (subterranean) cities.
Languages: Elven and two of choice (+20%)
Enemies: None per se
Allies: Elves living in the realm of Kh'ron
Physical Appearance: Giant Tinker Spiders are large spiders with eight eyes and they are generally gray or brown in color.
Size: 3-4 feet
Weight: 30-50 pounds
Notes: Although they are the wrong shape for most humanoid clothing, Giant Tinker Spiders will trade their services for the purchase of toolbelts, aprons and vests, as well as goggles. They also trade for tools to use, and for blunt weapons.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:19 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Clockodile

Clockodiles are clockwork creatures living in the realm of Kh'ron. They are known for linking up and interlocking to form bridges across bodies of water and between the Great Gears.

Size: 15-30 feet
Weight: 2000-2500 pounds
A.R.: 16
Attribute Note: Clockodiles are very strong, with incredibly powerful jaws. The P.S. of a Clockodile is 2d6+20.
Hit Points: 4d6+20
S.D.C.: 1d4X10+60
Horror Factor: 10
Damage: Tail does 2d6 points of damage, claws do 1d6, and bite does 2d6+2 points of damage.
Bonuses: +1 initiative, +2 strike
Natural Abilities: Keen sense of smell, good sight and hearing. Cannot prowl very well due to ticking sound.
Interlocking Bodies: Clockodiles can interlock with others of their kind to form bridges and ladders. If ten such creatures interlock, for example, they will for a bridge 150-200 feet long.
Speed: 4 on land
Average Life Span: 100 years
Value: Metal body: 200 gold
Habitat: Realm of Kh'ron
Range: Great Gears of Kh'ron
Notes: Unlike regular crocodiles, Clockodiles cannot swim or go into the water without being damaged. The feed on other metal clockwork creatures and plants. They breed by splitting part of themselves off from the whole of the body, the divided section then growing and expanding to gain the full size of an adult specimen in relatively short time.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:11 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

I will be taking a break from the Kh'ron stuff to do some other ideas I have brewing. I have an idea for a deer with leaves for its coat and treelike antlers that I will be doing next.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:50 pm

Champion

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
I will be taking a break from the Kh'ron stuff to do some other ideas I have brewing. I have an idea for a deer with leaves for its coat and treelike antlers that I will be doing next.

would that be a "wood" land creature? lol. leaves and stick antlers.. as if they weren't hard enough to see already.

Razzinold wrote:
And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:07 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

would that be a "wood" land creature? lol. leaves and stick antlers.. as if they weren't hard enough to see already.
Good point. It will have to have a pretty good prowl due to its natural camouflage.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:03 pm

Champion

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Good point. It will have to have a pretty good prowl due to its natural camouflage.

Someone pointed out to me that the description you gave sounds an awful lot like the Sawbucks pokemon.

Razzinold wrote:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:21 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Someone pointed out to me that the description you gave sounds an awful lot like the Sawbucks pokemon.
Actually, it was inspired by a creature appearing in mythology that one of my players discovered and wants to paint as an art project. He posted this on Facebook:

Adam W. Aldrich wrote:
I've been looking around for a Mythological reference to my dream of a green, leafy deer. I've only found two that are even remotely related to it. The first is this one...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eikþyrnir

Eikþyrnir, which is a stag. From its horns sprang the rivers of their world. And since a river is usually in the dream as well. This could be it.

The other was from a translation of Huichol Mythology.

http://books.google.com/books?id=pOg29M ... gy&f=false

Apparently they were a tribe of natives indigenous to Mexico. The passage I found says, "When he returned to the bank, he told the Sun that he had fulfilled his commands. The Sun then told him to make him a teapáli painted with green deer. For this the Sun promised to continue to help him. Offerings were then made to the four points"

Both stories reference 'the four points'. Kinda cool. As it is believed that Eikþyrnir was later split into four deer; Dáinn, Dvalinn, Duneyrr and Duraþrór, representing the four directions, seasons or moon phases.

I'm going to do a painting of my green deer one of these days.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:43 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Leafy Deer

The Leafy Deer, also known as the Elkpyrnir, was created by the Northern Gods for sport and originate in their celestial realm. As a result, they are fewer in number in the Palladium World. As a race, they are magical, plant-like deer who have leaves all along their bodies instead of hide and branch-like antlers. Their plant-like traits also include being able to sustain themselves by wading in water for sustenance and basking in the sun for food (photosynthesis). Their leafy bodies and tree-like antlers also allow them to blend quite well with their environment.

Size: 5-6 feet
Weight: 100-200 pounds
A.R.: Not applicable
S.D.C.: 4d6+20
Damage: Kick does 2d4 points of damage, head butt with antlers does 2d6 damage
Bonuses: +3 on initiative, +2 to strike, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge
Natural Abilities: Swim 70%, prowl 90%, and leap up to 8 feet high and 16 feet long. Absorbs nutrients through sun (photosynthesis) and water.
Speed: 44 (30mph) but can run at speed of 66 (45mph) for 2d4X10 minutes.
Average Life Span: 10-12 years
Value: Meat (whole animal): 100 gold
Habitat: Forest and grasslands near lakes and rivers
Range: Great Northern Wilderness
Behavior: As plant-like creatures, they survive mostly through absorption of sun and water, though they can eat plant materials such as grasses and shrubs as well. These creatures are shy and elusive and do not usually associate in large herds (4d6). Breeding is as their deer form and they produce live young, with a female producing a single young after a gestation period of 4-5 months. They usually have one of their number guarding the others when they are basking or wading, as they are most vulnerable when wading or swimming in bodies of water.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:04 am

Champion

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Leafy Deer

The Leafy Deer, also known as the Elkpyrnir, was created by the Northern Gods for sport and originate in their celestial realm. As a result, they are fewer in number in the Palladium World. As a race, they are magical, plant-like deer who have leaves all along their bodies instead of hide and branch-like antlers. Their plant-like traits also include being able to sustain themselves by wading in water for sustenance and basking in the sun for food (photosynthesis). Their leafy bodies and tree-like antlers also allow them to blend quite well with their environment.

Size: 5-6 feet
Weight: 100-200 pounds
Damage: Kick does 2d4 points of damage, head butt with antlers does 2d6 damage
Bonuses: +3 on initiative, +2 to strike, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge
Natural Abilities: Swim 70%, prowl 90%, and leap up to 8 feet high and 16 feet long. Absorbs nutrients through sun (photosynthesis) and water.
Speed: 44 (30mph) but can run at speed of 66 (45mph) for 2d4X10 minutes.
Average Life Span: 10-12 years
Value: Meat (whole animal): 100 gold
Habitat: Forest and grasslands near lakes and rivers
Behavior: As plant-like creatures, they survive mostly through absorption of sun and water, though they can eat plant materials such as grasses and shrubs as well. These creatures are shy and elusive and do not usually associate in large herds (4d6). Breeding is as their deer form and they produce live young, with a female producing a single young after a gestation period of 4-5 months. They usually have one of their number guarding the others when they are basking or wading, as they are most vulnerable when wading or swimming in bodies of water.

Questions
Do they change color and or lose their leaves with the seasons?
Are they made of meat?
If they are not made of meat, are they made of wood?
If they are made of wood are they a dangerous to vampires?
You said they are a magical race. What are their magical properties/values?

Razzinold wrote:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:06 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Leafy Deer

Questions
Do they change color and or lose their leaves with the seasons?
Are they made of meat?
If they are not made of meat, are they made of wood?
If they are made of wood are they a dangerous to vampires?
You said they are a magical race. What are their magical properties/values?
The leaves do change color, but do not fall off.
They are made of meat not wood.
I have considered giving the spells like faery creatures have.
I might edit the write-up once I figure them out more to address these issues.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:43 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Meowl

Meowls are creatures which have the head of a cat and the body of an owl. They are believed to have been created by magic.

Size: 18-25 inches
Hit Points: 4d4+8
Attacks per melee: 3
Damage: Talons inflict 2d4 points of damage, bite does 1d4 points of damage; dive attack does double damage.
Bonuses: +2 initiative, +3 to strike, +2 to dodge
Natural Abilities: Keen vision and sense of smell, nightvision 300 feet, can turn head 200 degrees, fly, and prowl (silent glide attack) 50%.
Speed: 50 with brief bursts of up to speed 88 (lasts for 4d6 minutes), dive 110 (75mph)
Average Life Span: 10-16 years
Value: 8-50 gold as pet
Habitat: Woodland, forest, and kept as pets
Notes: If living in the wild, these creatures roost in trees and do most of their hunting at night. They prey on rodents and mammals up to the size of rabbits.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:03 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775
Sorry I've been away for a long time :( . With official material coming out in the immediate future, I decided its time I make a
reappearance :-D . So new critters coming soon.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Good to hear. I have been a bit lax of late myself but had a few I was planning to do as well.

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:37 pm

Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775
These guys I thought about putting in Bizantium but I decided against it. So they end up here.

JIDRA: Wood Giants

They are among the most unusual giants of the Palladium world. Their origin is completely unknown. One legend claims they
aligned themselves with one of the dragon-gods during the Battle of the Gods. As punishment, they were cursed to be
forever rooted to the ground, unable to venture beyond the length of their roots. They can travel beneath the soil and wood
effortlessly, but they cannot walk on cobblestone, brick, rock, or venture out into water. This also keeps them from entering
a fortified stone structure. Their cursed existence has made them bitter toward all others with the freedom to go as they
choose. Every Jidra is extremely fierce and voracious, consuming anything that comes within an arm’s reach, including plants,
animals and men. Jidra are known to simply rise up out of the earth, grab his prey, devour him in a single gulp, then sink back
into the ground below (cannot eat while merged within the earth or inside a tree) vanishing without a trace.
Jidra are highly territorial and consider everything within a five mile radius (1.52 km) as their personal property regardless if
it’s a deer, a rock, a log, or part of a farmer’s field. Those who enter their territory and disturb or despoil it in anyway will
face the full fury of the giant. They do not tolerate lumberjacks of any sorts. To harm a tree even a simply sampling produces
the same results as slapping the giant in the face. Jidra are bold enough to strike out at any foe, accept “fire breathers”, but
if they must they will do so with cunning and scrutiny. Fire warlocks are considered blighters above all others. Earth warlock,
however, are held in the same regard as druids, cautious yet deserving of a conversation before smashing their heads in.
Jidra are not social creatures, even among their giant brethren. Even at the sight of their dim-witted Gigantee cousins
walking about can set them on edge with jealousy. Jidra would be welcomed at Mt. Nimro but their inability to travel beyond
solid earth and loose stone makes it impossible for them to travel into any stone fortification much less up the solid rock
mountains. Having them being the only giant race not represented is fine by all the others. Jidra don’t like to share, and would
more than likely try to hoard everything within their area. Nevertheless, the Nimiro King has made a number of offerings to a
few Jidra living just outside of giant controlled land, but each one has rejected his offering. Yet their close proximity does
suggest they at least want to “pretend” to be included among their fellow giants.

Alignments: Any, but almost always evil.
The Eight Attributes: I.Q. 1D6+6, M.E. 1D6+6, M.A. 1D6, P.S. 2D6+24 (supernatural), P.P. 2D6+10, P.E. 2D6+10, P.B.
2D6, Spd 2D6 through the ground, cannot move on the surface.
Hit Points: 2D4x10 + P.E. attribute number.
S.D.C.: 2D6x10
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor/Awe: 10.
P.P.E.: 1D6
R.C.C. Skills: Mathematics: Basic 60%, Wilderness Survival 98%, Identify Plants & Fruits 90%, Holistic Medicine 80%,
Camouflage 80%, Dowsing 92%, Land Navigation 80%, Track & Trap Animals 80%, Lore: Farm 80%, Detect Concealment 60%,
Lore: Faerie Folk 65%, Prowl 80%, and two ancient W.P. at 3rd level (skill percentages never increase).
Natural Abilities: Supernatural strength and endurance, hawk like vision-spot a rabbit in the grass up to 300 yards (270
m) away, impervious to disease, normal cold (magic cold does half damage), natural poison and toxins (man-made toxins
cause half damage, duration, effect, penalty), weapons made of wood (even magical) inflict one-fourth normal damage,
nightvision 1000 feet (304 m), bio-regenerate 2D6 hit points/S.D.C every minute as long as remain in contact with the earth,
can re-grow lost limbs and organs (not the head) in a matter of hours, feel vibrations in and above the ground like a living
seismic sensor, cannot be snuck upon or surprise by nearby opponents approaching by ground, can track and locate prey by
following the ground vibrations caused by movement (running or walking) 1000 feet (304 m) away (80%), feel the vibrations
of an approaching ground vehicle, large humanoid taller than 9 feet (2.74 m), herd of mammals, giant animals, or an army on
the march, up to one mile (1.6 km) away (92%).
Special Abilities: Travel through earth at will (cost nothing); same as elemental spell, but without limit, effectively
swim through earth and wood (beneath the surface it has a 98% prowl, at the surface its prowl becomes 80%.
Attacks per Melee: Four.
Damage: Supernatural P.S. or by weapon. A bite inflicts the same damage as a restrained punch.
Bonuses: +2 to initiative, +4 to Perception, +1 to strike, +2 to parry, +3 to roll with punch, +2 to save vs. magic, and
+6 to save vs. horror factor. These are in addition to possible attribute bonuses.
Vulnerabilities: Fire attacks inflict double damage (magic fire does double damage direct to hit points). Fire damage
cannot be regenerated. Jidra are rooted to the ground, besides fire and beheading the creature, the only assured way to
permanently kill the giant is to hack at its two roots buried beneath the ground (a foot and half/.45 m beneath the surface).
To pull these roots up requires a Supernatural P.S. of 35 or greater. Once the roots have been pulled up and the giant is
lifted off the ground, he cannot regenerate suspended in the air, space, or in water. Both roots have a Natural Armor Rating
of 12 and 40 hit points. Destroy the two roots and the giant falls over dead regardless of how many S.D.C. or hit points his
main body possesses. Unless one of these three methods is used, the giant will return to life in a matter of hours.
Magic: None
Value: The bones of a Jidra are quite valuable to a small percentage of Western alchemists (less than 6%) who know
the secret of making a powder out of them that functions equal to a mixture of All-Purpose Remedy/Negate Poison potion
when a pinch is mixed with water (2 fl oz). The base cost for the bone powder is 800 gold per ounce (2 doses). Giant slayers
of the Western Empire regard killing them just as another form of sport, although slightly more challenging than others.
Average Life Span: 700 years, some have lived as long 800.
Habitat: Can be found anywhere in the world but most common in the Land of the Damned and Yin Sloth Jungle.
Language: Gigantees (98%) and two others, one more often than not is faerie.
Enemies: Humans, elves, dwarves, and wolfen. They will attack anyone who seeks to inflict harm against trees. This
can practically include all other mortal beings. Fire warlocks (and all other fire breathers) will be attacked and killed on sight.
Allies: Indifferent toward all giants that cause no damage to their forests. Likewise they are indifferent toward faerie
folk (good or evil). Druids and earth warlocks have the best chance at negotiating with them (in other words they will not be
attacked outright).
Physical Appearance: A large humanoid with skin that resembles tough tree bark. Their matted hair is various shades of
green and brown. Small leaves and tiny branches protrude through their skin. Their eyes are small yet they glow a bright
orange. They have large mouths filled with sharp teeth. Instead of two feet they have roots the width of a man’s arm that
keep them embedded to the earth.
Size: 12-16 feet (3.65 to 4.87 m) tall. The roots are 8 to 10 feet (2.43 to 3 m) in length.
Weight: 1000 to 1600 lbs (450-720 kg).
Rifts® Conversion Notes: Becomes an MDC being in a Mega-Damage setting. The P.E. attribute number is turned to
M.D.C. +2D4 x10. On Rifts® Earth, Jidra are the rarest of all giants. The best place to find them is throughout the continent
of Africa (accept in the deserts).
Note: All Jidra exclusively worship the demon lord Leviathan. The giantess goddess is looked upon by the Jidra just as
a man might lust after a Hollywood female celebrity. In their eyes, nothing is more beautiful or deserving of their praise.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:23 am

Champion

Could you elaborate more on the whole, "rooted to the ground" thing? Are these Giant Man-Tree's that are rooted in one spot, or can they travel around wherever they like as long as the soil conditions will allow (Could I transplant one?).

I'm just not clear on how the "forever rooted to the ground, unable to venture beyond the length of their roots" part works. Also, what do you mean by able to travel beneath the earth and wood.

Razzinold wrote:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:14 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

With only a 1d6+6 intelligence, I fail to see why they have an RCC. Would they not just be animal intelligence?

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:56 pm

Could you elaborate more on the whole, "rooted to the ground" thing? Are these Giant Man-Tree's that are rooted in one spot, or can they travel around wherever they like as long as the soil conditions will allow (Could I transplant one?).

I'm just not clear on how the "forever rooted to the ground, unable to venture beyond the length of their roots" part works. Also, what do you mean by able to travel beneath the earth and wood.

These guys can sink beneath the soil and travel like Earth Elementals, appearing any place where there is earth, soil, and wood
traveling at a SPD of 2D6. When they rise up, they are "rooted" to the spot like a tree. So they can't walk any where, but they
can always descend back into the ground and appear at a different location.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:20 pm

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
With only a 1d6+6 intelligence, I fail to see why they have an RCC. Would they not just be animal intelligence?

:-? A Hairy Jack (a fairy folk) has I.Q. 1D6+2. Most fairy folks have 2D6, which means these guys at 1D6+6 are potentially
smarter in some regard. And like all fairy folk who have R.C.C. so do these guys. They just aren't creatures of magic. Just giants
with bark like ski and the power to travel through the ground.

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:46 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

As my online time is somewhat limited while I have to order a new AC adaptor for my laptop, the stuff I m planning to post will be delayed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:54 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

I have more in mind, but here is the one I have done.

Octopussy

An Octopussy is a creature of magic created as a pet for a wizard originally. It is basically a miniature octopus with the head of a domestic cat.

Size: 2-5 feet
Weight: 20-50 pounds
Hit Points: 2d6+10
S.D.C.: 1d6+20
Horror Factor: 8
Attacks Per Melee: 5
Damage: A hit from a tentacle arm does 1d4+1 damage, being crushed by a tentacle arm does 1d4 points of damage per melee, bite does 2 points of damage, or by ejecting water in powerful jets causing 1d4 damage and propelling a dwarf-sized person or child 1d4X10 yards/meters away. An Octopussy may also pick up and use small rocks to bash (add 2d6 to the damage) or throw rocks (3d6 damage).
Octopussy are usually not aggressive or combative and will usually eject water at an opponent rather than engage in other types of attacks. If hurt, angered, or extremely hungry, however, they will attack with tentacles and bite at opponents/prey. Octopussy have incredible strength equal to a P.S. of 20. When a fight goes badly, an Octopussy will secrete an intensely dark liquid and make its escape. Yhe inky cloud will completely obscure a 1d6X10 foot radius. Everyone in the cloud is blinded (-9 to strike, parry and dodge). The inky discharge also confuses the flavor trail by which an enemy might follow in pursuit. Visibility returns after about 3d6 minutes as the cloud disperses.
Bonuses: +2 on initiative, +3 to strike, +6 to parry, +4 to dodge, +3 to pull punch.
Natural Abilities: Can breathe on land as well as in water, keen vision and sense of smell, nightvision 40 feet, climb 60%, prowl 59%, swim 90%: has 8 arms.
Speed: 10 on land, 8 crawling on sea floor, 6 swimming
Average life Span: 10-15 years
Value: 10-25 gold for full ink glands, 18-50 gold as pet
Habitat: House pet
Range: Rare; Land of the South Winds

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:37 pm

Monk

Pink Dragon
These hard to find dragons are not so rare as one might think, for they more adept at hiding in plane sight then Chang-Ku dragons and are very social with mortals and each other. They only become reclusive once a mated pair conceives a clutch of eggs, withdrawing from the world at large to protect their eggs.
Most, if found at all, can be found in countries that are at peace and have a high degree of freedoms, using their metamorphosis powers to change to appear to be just another mortal in the community. However, unlike most dragons their breath does not do damage to others, but does allow a great deal of control over mundane objects. Most notably over clothes. For while they want to blend in…they crave to be the center of attention. Dr Lazlo discovered the only family of these dragons in a large town in Kansas posing as a human family (he only mentions them as 'The Joans's') where the hatchlings were participated in the town's high school's yell and cheerleading squads and the adults were leading members of the PTA and other leaders in the community.
In the natural form these dragons are much smaller then most other dragons and a lilac color ("True Pink! not that pail red icky color."said the one dragon Lazlo was able to get to admit anything about their real nature.) And where most dragons seek out gold , silver or other material treasures pink dragon seam to only think of any material wealth as a means to the end of being the center of attention.
Alignment: any, but mostly selfish with principled leanings.
Attributes: Hatchlings [Adults] IQ: 2d6+8[3d6+8d] ME: 3d6 MA: 4d4+4[3d6+7] SNPS: 3d6+7[3d6+18] PP: 2d6+6[2d6+12] SNPE: 3d6+6[4d4+14] PB: 1d6+12[2d6+12] Spd: 3d6+12[3d6+22] flying spd: 2d6x20[1d10x10]
Size: 2.5 to 3.5 feet [5.1 to 10.8 feet] tall (to shoulder), 6 to 9 feet [13 to 20 feet] long (tip of snout to tail tip), 6 to 12 foot [24 to 30 foot] wingspan.
Weight: 175 to 300 [280 to 420]pounds
Nat. AR: 11 [14]
Hit points: PE times 10, +1d4x10 per level
SDC: 3d8x10 [1d4x100+200]
PPE: 2d6x10, +1d4x10 per level [2d6x100, +1d4x100 per level] (
Awe Factor: 7 (in their natural form)
RCC skills: dragonese at 98%, and two other lang skills, land navigation, dance, gym at level 1 proficiency. Can choose a OCC once they reach third level. Keeping track of each Dragon exp.
NPC skills level: 1d4x2 [2d6+6]
Natural Abilities: Nightvision 100' (can see in total darkness), excellent color vision seeing into the near IR and UV. Bio-regen at 5d6 HP or SDC per minute, T-port self LoS or 50 meters per APM, metamorphose at will: indifferently: any natural form from hamster size to elephant sized. Can not be sensed as another dragon by other dragons, except when they are touched.
Note: while clutching matted pairs of these dragons loose their metamorphosis abilities.
Breath weapon: Each Pink Dragon breath can change the shape and/or color of material object into any other objects for one hour per level of experience. The items return to their original form at the end of the duration or if canceled. Items can not be turned into living beings, and do not affect people in any form. A favorite tactic is to breath into an area and then to walk into the area of effect to manipulate the clothes they are wearing.
Vulnerabilities and weaknesses: dancing and good music
Combat: Use dragon combat hth,min: 4 APM
Damage: as per SNPS table, tail does punch damage, at L3 replace "tail slap power strike" with "round house Tail strike": power punch damage and counts as two attacks
Magic: can select a Magic OCC @ level 3 and can learn/taught spells at any time. Prin. of magic 82%+3% per level. Can cast spells costing up to 50 PPE from ambient PPE.
Psionics: none saves as a master Psi
Habitat: anywhere, but are normally found in a community of mortals.
Feeding Habits: While they get enjoyment out of eating normal food, the pink dragons are psionic vampires feeding off the feelings of others who are watching them. Each dragon will have their preferred emotion to feed off of.
Average life span: unknown
Enemies: Slavers of any sort and people who ignore them.
Allies: these dragons have an uncanny friendships with most people even if the other parties are unknowing about them as dragons.

MDC Setting Notes: in settings like rifts or the three Galaxies the Pink Dragon's MDC is equal to their HP and SDC combined.

As Evil Monster NPCs they will be loners, being shunned by other pink dragons, will hide in plane sight as with others. However, they will cause the surrounding communities to be dark places. With mistrust, envy, and hate abounding.

Crimson
Eleven
Delight
Petracor

Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:51 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

I've had limited time on the internet due to having to replace my laptop. I do have a couple of creations to post, though, which will be up tomorrow probably.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:02 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Octocat

An Octocat is a larger, more predatory version of the Octokitty. It has the torso, front legs and head of a large cat/lion or panther, and tentacles on the hind end.

Size: Body: 4 and 1/4 feet, plus tentacles: 12 feet long.
Weight: 350 to 500 pounds.
A.R.: 5
Hit Points: 5d6+20
Horror Factor: 14
Attacks per melee: 5
Damage: Claws do 2d4+4 points of damage, bite does 1d6+2 damage. A hit by a tentacle arm does 1d6+6 points of damage, being crushed/squeezed by a tentacle does 1d6 points of damage per melee.
Pouncing and Leaping: Octocats instinctively leap and pounce on prey, wrapping tentacles around prey and crushing and squeezing. They can also strike/slash with their claws. A pouncing leap has a 01-65% chance of knocking human-size prey off his feet (victim loses initiative and one melee attack) and suffers 1d6 damage from the impact and fall in addition to any other damage.
Tentacle Strength: Octocats have a tentacle strength with a P.S. of 20 and can drag and throw objects.
Inky Cloud: When a fight goes badly, an Octocat will secrete an intensely dark liquid and make its escape. The inky cloud will completely obscure a 1d6X100 foot radius. Everyone in the cloud is blinded, -9 to strike, parry and dodge. The inky discharge also confuses the flavor trail by which an enemy might follow in pursuit. Visibility returns after 3d6 minutes as the cloud disperses.
Bonuses: +3 initiative, +4 to strike, +6 to parry, +4 to dodge, +3 to pull punch.
Natural Abilities: Breathe air or in water, keen vision and sense of smell, nightvision 60 feet, climb 80%, prowl 60%, swim 90%, track by smell or sight 70%, has 8 tentacles on hind end, can leap 10 feet high and 20 feet long.
Speed: 8 on land or crawling on sea floor, 6 swimming.
Average Life Span: 12-20 years.
Value: Skin: 100 gold, 100-250 gold for full ink glands.
Range: Timiro Kingdom
Behavior: Octocats are solitary creatures and hunt either by day or night. They prey on fish and other water creatures.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:12 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Octokitty

An Octokitty is a smaller, more domesticated version of the Octocat. It has the torso, front legs and head of a domestic cat, and tentacles on the hind end.

Size: Body: 1 and 1/4 feet, plus tentacles: 4 feet long.
Weight: 100 to 150 pounds.
A.R.: Not appicable
Hit Points: 2d6+20
S.D.C.: 2d4+20
Horror Factor: 6
Attacks per melee: 5
Damage: Claws do 1d4+2 points of damage, bite does 2 points of damage. A hit by a tentacle arm does 1d4+4 points of damage, being crushed/squeezed by a tentacle does 1d4 points of damage per melee.
Pouncing and Leaping: Octokitties instinctively leap and pounce on prey, wrapping tentacles around prey and crushing and squeezing. They can also strike/slash with their claws. A pouncing leap has a 01-65% chance of knocking human-size prey off his feet (victim loses initiative and one melee attack) and suffers 1d6 damage from the impact and fall in addition to any other damage.
Tentacle Strength: Octokitties have a tentacle strength with a P.S. of 10 and can drag and throw objects.
Inky Cloud: When a fight goes badly, an Octokitty will secrete an intensely dark liquid and make its escape. The inky cloud will completely obscure a 1d6X10 foot radius. Everyone in the cloud is blinded, -9 to strike, parry and dodge. The inky discharge also confuses the flavor trail by which an enemy might follow in pursuit. Visibility returns after 3d6 minutes as the cloud disperses.
Bonuses: +2 initiative, +3 to strike, +6 to parry, +4 to dodge, +1 to save vs. Horror Factor.
Natural Abilities: Breathe air or in water, keen vision and sense of smell, nightvision 40 feet, climb 70%, prowl 70%, swim 90%, track by smell or sight 70%, has 8 tentacles on hind end, can leap 5 feet high and 10 feet long.
Speed: 7 on land or crawling on sea floor, 5 swimming.
Average Life Span: 8-14 years.
Value: 8-50 gold as pet, 50-125 gold for full ink glands.
Habitat: House Pet
Range: Timiro Kingdom

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:09 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Monkichi

The Monkichi, otherwise known as Monkey Spiders or Tree Crawlers, are a race of six-armed monkey people dwelling in trees. They are reclusive, preferring to live deep in the forest. They are shy around other races, though some have been known to attack and raid caravans traveling close to the forest when food is scarce.
Having fur all over their bodies, Monkichi have little need for clothing and armor, and they make do with weapons and equipment they can make from wood. Since they don't wear clothing, they are sometimes mistaken for common monkeys and attacked by other races, such as Ogres, who will eat them. As a result, Monkichi are taught from a young age to fight and are masters of combat.

Alignment: Any
Attributes: I.Q. 3d6, M.E. 3d6, M.A. 2d6, P.S. 3d6, P.P. 4d6, P.E. 3d6, P.B. 3d6, Spd 4d6
Hit Points: P.E. attribute number plus 1d6 per level of experience
S.D.C.: 2d6+6
A.R.: None, must wear armor but prefer not to
P.P.E.: 2d6
O.C.C.s Available to Monkichi: Any
Attacks per melee: Six without and hand to hand combat training, or six plus those gained from hand to hand combat training and/or boxing
Bonuses: +5 on initiative, +4 to strike, +6 to parry, +4 to dodge, +4 to roll with impact/fall
Natural Abilities: Climb 98%, acrobatics 90%, nightvision 40 feet, prehensile tail, six arms, and leap five feet high and 20 feet long
Damage: Bite does 2d4 points of damage, claws/punch 1d4 damage, or by weapon
Average Life Span: 50-60 years
Value: Fur: 30 gold
Habitat: Forest
Languages: Human (whatever local language is common) and Gobbley
Enemies: Ogres and Goblins
Physical Appearance: Monkichi look like monkeys with six arms and prehensile tails. They have fur ranging in color from tan to gray, blut to white
Size: 3 to 4 feet tall, plus a 32-36 inch long tail
Weight: 48-60 pounds
Notes: Monkichi have a prehensile tail which is very sensitive and is used for balance and climbing. They rarely wear armor and prefer to use wooden weapons such as spears and bows. They live in families of 3d6 members and dwell in trees, being exceptional climbers and leapers.

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:07 am

Adventurer

Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
I've had limited time on the internet due to having to replace my laptop. I do have a couple of creations to post, though, which will be up tomorrow probably.
We all have troubles from time to time. My own have kept me from posting here in a long time as well. Just do what you can.

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:12 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
We all have troubles from time to time. My own have kept me from posting here in a long time as well. Just do what you can.
I still have another creature planned. Will get to it when I can.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:14 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Aaaaand two and a half months later I actually got around to doing a couple of creatures. The first is this Squirrel Spider, which does not actually have that much going for it, just seemed like a neat idea.

Squirrel Spider

The creation of a wizard trying to create a unique pet, the Squirrel Spider heas the head, body and tail of a squirrel and the eight legs of a spider.

Size: Body 8-10 inches, plus a long, bushy tail that measures 6-8 inches.
Weight: 1-2 pounds
Natural A.R.: 5
Hit Points: 1d6+6
S.D.C.: 2d4
P.P.E.: 2d4
Damage: Bite does 1d4 points of damage
Bonuses: +2 on initiative, +2 to strike, +3 to dodge
Natural Abilities: Nightvision 60 feet, climb 98%, prowl 80%
Speed: 8
Average Life Span: 5-8 years
Value: Fur: 10 gold; meat: 5 gold; 15 gold for alchemical purposes
Habitat: Forests when living in the wild; kept as pets
Range: Old Kingdom
Behavior: These animals feed on seeds and nuts. One litter of 4-5 young per year.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:51 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

This is a type of faerie inspired by drawings I have done.

Faerie: Shell

The Shell Faerie appears as a tiny handsome man or woman with a tan or brown complexion, with brightly colored butterfly wings of green, gold, silver, red, violet, blue or yellow. They do not have hair, but instead have a series of bone-like plates forming a suit of natural armor. They are very militaristic and love combat. They are usually seen with tiny swords and spears.

Alignment: Lean toward good
Attributes: I.Q. 3d6, M.E. 2d6, M.A. 2d6+6, P.S. 1d6, P.P. 4d6, P.E. 2d6, P.B. 4d6+1 (minimum of 16), Spd 3d6 running and 3d6X10+40 flying
Size: 6 inches tall and weighs 7 ounces
Natural A.R.: 10
Hit Points: P.E. attribute number X6
S.D.C.: 5d6+10
P.P.E.: 1d6X100, plus can automatically draw on the P.P.E. around them from ley lines and nexus points.
Horror Factor/Awe: 8
Natural Abilities: Fly and hover, nightvision 90 feet, see the invisible, keen normal vision, sense the location of water 50%, and sense the location of ley lines 80%
Magic Spells: Blinding flash, mend stone, mend metal, sense evil, tongues and Faerie's Dance.
Combat: Four physical hand to hand attacks per melee or two using magic
Additional Bonuses: +3 on initiative, +3 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge in flight, +1 to save vs. magic, +3 to save vs. Horror Factor.
R.C.C.: Creature of magic and natural/faerie warriors
R.C.C. Skills: Speaks Faerie and Gobbley 98%, player characters can learn two additional languages at the base skill +10% skill bonus, identify plants & fruit 75%, land navigation 82%, wilderness survival 90%, preserve food 90%, track animals 70%, faerie lore 90%, sing 50%, dance 54%, prowl 60%, climb 60%/50%, W.P. Sword, W.P. Spear, and one W.P. of choice. Skills do not increase.
Notes: Have natural armor and do not trust most big folk. Use tiny swords and spears, as well as other bladed weapons and shields. Unlike most faeries, they tend to be serious and not very mischievous.

After doing this one, I had the idea I might do a Blood Faerie as well, so look for it coming soon.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:49 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

I want to do race with kangaroo legs and tail but the Monsters & Animals book does not seem to have stats for kangaroos. I might have to rectify that situation by writing them up. Anyway, here are the promised Blood Faeries:

Faerie: Blood

The Blood Faerie appears as a tiny handsome man or woman with a pale or grey complexion standing no more than six inches tall, with dark colored butterfly wings of blood red, midnight blue, dark green, dark purple, white, black, or gray. They have long hair in similar colors, and are often draped in delicate robes or gowns spun from spider's webbing. Blood Elves prey on the sick and injured, biting them and drinking small amounts of blood. They are also known for bathing in small pools of blood that appear on battlefields.

Alignment: Lean toward evil
Attributes: I.Q. 3d6, M.E. 2d6, M.A. 2d6, P.S. 1d6, P.P. 3d6, P.E. 2d6, P.B. 4d6+1 (minimum of 16), Spd 3d6 running and 3d6X10+40 flying
Size: Six inches tall and weighs six ounces
Natural A.R.: 6
Hit Points: P.E. attribute number X4
S.D.C.: 3d6
P.P.E.: 1d6X100
Natural Abilities: Fly and hover, nightvision 120 feet, see the invisible, keen normal vision, sense the location of water 50%, and sense the location of ley lines 80%
Magic Spells: Befuddle, charm, love charm, sleep, invisibility (simple), turn self into mist, tongues, and the Faerie's Dance.
Combat: Three hand to hand attacks per melee or two using magic. Damage: Bite does 2 points of damage.
Additional Bonuses: +2 on initiative, +2 to parry and dodge in flight, +1 to save vs. magic, +2 to save vs. Horror Factor
R.C.C.: Creature of magic
R.C.C. Skills: Speaks Faerie and Gobblely 98%, player characters can learn two additional languages at the base skill +10% skill bonus, first aid 60%, land navigation 82%, wilderness survival 90%, preserve food 90%, track animals 32%, faerie lore 90%, sing 50%, dance 64%, prowl 80%, climb 60%/50%, W.P. Knife
Notes: Never wear armor and don't trust most big folk. Blood faeries are carrion eaters and can be found near hospitals and battlefields. Use tiny knives.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:51 pm

Well now that I know what will be in Bizantium and what won't be, I'm going to present the one animal that was rejected for whatever reason here on the board.

Heidrun

An old saga claims the god Hoknar once stayed a night at the home of a peasant farmer and according to the rules of
hospitality, he needed to cook a meal for him. The farmer had nothing to serve him but the two sheep he raised for their
wool. Nevertheless, he did not want to offend the god so he killed and cooked the animals. The meat was so delicious the
god resurrected both animals from their bones and vowed to return so the farmer could cook the animals again for him. The
offspring from those sheep are now said to be Heidrun. Whether or not the story is true is irrelevant. But how exactly the
Heidrun came to the Northern Islands is a bigger mystery.

The Heidrun is a small, multi-horned, sheep with no wool on the face or legs. Its most distinguishing features are its four
horns, although some can have as many as six or eight. Both sexes are horned, yet the rams (males) tend to have larger
and more impressive sets. The horns are smooth and balanced, strongly attached to the skull, and both sex like using them
to defend themselves and their lambs. Four-horned rams have two vertical center horns which may be two (.6 m) or more
feet (meters) in length, and two smaller side horns, which grow down along the sides of the head. For those who have six
or eight, the horns grow from multiple positions around the skull but not in a way that it impedes the animal’s sight or
grazing abilities.

Heidrun have a high-grade fleece that is so warm the animals are naturally resilient to the cold. The wool is prized by
weavers as it is soft and has a rich brown color, not to mention retains its cold resistant properties. Their meat is
considered a delicacy outside Bizantium. Western and Timiro nobles pay a fortune to have it imported. Besides being raised
for their wool, meat, and hides, Heidrum are also kept as pets and ornamental animals, and have been used as guard
animals to protect farm property from theft or vandalism and defend other livestock against predators (especially wolves).
Unlike typical sheep, Heidrum do not flock nor are they quick to panic and flee. They will stand and fight. They can even
recognize individual human and ovine faces, and remember them for years, especially if they’ve suffer mistreatment. They
can also differentiate emotional states through facial characteristics.

Perhaps the most unusual skill of Heidrum is their intelligence. They not only demonstrate problem-solving abilities, if
worked with patiently are able to recognize their names and be lead by halter. Yet because they are more intelligence then
the average sheep, and show little fear toward predators, they can be difficult for inexperience shepherds to handle.
Fortunately, they are food-oriented animals and associate humans with regular feeding which often results them soliciting
people for food, but if food is not presented, the sheep will regard the humans as potential predators and likely attack
them. Many traditional North Man has said, “I’d rather be out in the sea surround by sharks then left alone in a pastor
surrounded by sheep.”

Alignment: Self or Anarchist only
Hit Points: 6D6
S.D.C.: 4D6+10
Natural Armor Rating: 6
Horror Factor: 8 but a herd of six or more 10
Average P.P.E.: 2D6.
Magic: None,
Psionics: None, however it has the same sensitivity to the supernatural and potential psychic energy as horses.
Natural Abilities: Keen vision, superior sense of smell, track by smell 87% (can detect the scent of its attacker 100
yards/91.4 m away), swim 60%, prowl 50%, leap 8 feet (2.4 m) high or long (this is doubled while running), and cold
resistant (impervious to normal cold, half damage from magical cold and ice).
Spd.: 32 (22.4 mph/36 km), but can run at a speed of 30 mph (48.3 km) for 1D4 minutes.
Attacks per Melee: Three
Damages: Kick does 2D4 points of damage. Its horns do 3D6 damage. A full charge done at 60 feet (18.3 m) away
takes an entire melee round, but does 4D6+8 points of damage with 01-35% chance of knocking human sized prey off
balance or even off his feet (victim loses initiative and one melee attack).
Bonuses: +2 on initiative, +3 to strike and parry, +1 to dodge, +3 to roll with punch, and +6 to save vs. horror
factor.
Value: Wool 40 gold; tanned pelt 60 gold; meat (whole animal 50 gold, outside Bizantium 120 gold). They are
difficult to herd (-15%) because it’s not a natural behavior. Their wool can be turned into material that retains a natural
immunity to cold (half damage and penalty regardless if natural or magical), however, the wool must be properly prepared
and sewn (-10%) otherwise the property is lost. Cost: +25 gold to the value of any clothing material.
Average Lifespan: 15-18 years.
Habitat: Bizantium and the Shadow Coast colonies. They don’t seem to thrive well in place with year round warm
climates, and become susceptible to many diseases.
Languages: None
Enemies: Predators (wolves specifically) will attempt to prey upon them. These sheep attack Canine races on sight.
They also remember the face of any humanoid that’s mistreated them.
Allies: None, difficult to domesticate but can be turned into a loyal farmer animal and pet with patience and training.
Physical Appearance: Heidrum are a dark brown color. The fleece is high grade with a coarse, longer outer coat. The
body frame is long, with a straight back and a rump that slopes toward the base of the tail. The head is slender and
triangular, and clear of wool forward of the horns and on the cheeks. The tail is long and woolly, extending almost to the
ground. The legs are medium-length, slender, free of wool below the knees, the hooves are black.
Size: 3-3.5 feet (.9-1.0 m) at the shoulder, Body 4-5 feet (1.2-1.53 m), Tail 3-3.5 feet (.9-1.0 m) long. The two
vertical horns of a ram can be 2 feet (.6 m) or slightly longer. The other horns vary in size, but they’re always half the
length of the two verticals. Ewes (females) horns are typically half the length of males.
Weight: Mature rams (males) weigh about 120 to 180 pounds (54 to 82 kg), while ewes (females) weigh about 80 to
120 pounds (36 to 54 kg).
Rifts® Conversion Notes: Remains an S.D.C. creature in Mega-Damage settings. On Rifts® Earth, they can be found
in the wild parts of Scandinavia, Germany, Russia, and France.