Slaves: prices

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Slaves: prices

Unread post by pblackcrow »

I would like to have a price list for slaves in the palladium world...Races, classes, and stuff like that. We are talking the slave market of the western empire's capital city.

I have an this very attractive, young, strong, male, elven bowman; who could not pay his taxes. Also a human wizards, of only 25 years; who could not pay the debt he owed to the guild or the king. An elderly centaur ranger who is a very skilled bow maker. A wolfen solder, who is looking for work on a ship. A former cabin boy of 16, who is has been; uh...very well broken in. A young human priest of Thoth, who wishes to earn money for his temple. The rarest treat of them all: a 19 year old nobleman, who wishes to be sold to pay for his families taxes. A ogre and former gladator of the city who is being sold to you today by his masters. The 28 nomadic orphans from the war with the people of the grasslands. Etc
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

MrGiggles wrote:There's a list of slave prices in the High Seas book under the Isle of Cyclops. Just take that one and modify it a little.

There isn't much of one there. I hate to say this, but the only semi usable list is in atlantis.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

Francho wrote:There is also a better list of slave prices in the Wolfen Empire source book 2nd ed. It is a bit hard to find as it is under the 101 random adventure tables and is listed under a Slavers titlement.

THAT'S RIGHT!!! Page #, please? I have to buy that book, AGAIN, for the 3rd time. This time dew to grape soda from my godsons party. It was spilt and not cleaned up and I was not told it had happened and the bad part is I could have saved it. But it happens! I shan't fully blame them for it. I had it laying opened on the end table.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

You can also use Rifts Atlantis. They have prices for a large variety of creatures.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
pblackcrow
Champion

Really? Well, that's cool.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I am. I'm putting the finishing touches on Mysteries of Magic, then I'm turning back to "How Much is That Wolfen in the Window?" I've got some draft prices, but I'd have to dig for them.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
pblackcrow
Champion

MrNexx wrote:I am. I'm putting the finishing touches on Mysteries of Magic, then I'm turning back to "How Much is That Wolfen in the Window?" I've got some draft prices, but I'd have to dig for them.

:lol: at the title. Well, please be sure to include other races. Maybe we'll see MoM in print before very long.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Zenviscaype
D-Bee

Re: Slaves: prices

Unread post by Zenviscaype »

Ritter has an article of prices and treatment etc. of slaves. Several pages on the subject. (Rifter 38.)
Library Ogre

Zenviscaype wrote:Ritter has an article of prices and treatment etc. of slaves. Several pages on the subject. (Rifter 38.)

...bet I can name the title without looking at my copy.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

The prices would also be increased or decreased depending on age, level of infirmity and/or mobility, skill set, "level of risk", and perceived value. If I recall, the WE is...shall we say human-centric? A human slave would likely pull a premium over a non-human in most cases.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Zenviscaype wrote:Ritter has an article of prices and treatment etc. of slaves. Several pages on the subject. (Rifter 38.)

Unfortunately I cannot find that issue available for sale anywhere. Well, except Drive-Thru RPG, but I was looking for a physical copy.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

Dang, this is some serious thread necro right here. 14 years!
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Captain_Nibbz wrote:Dang, this is some serious thread necro right here. 14 years!

Yeah, and now you said something they are liable to shut it down.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Captain_Nibbz wrote:Dang, this is some serious thread necro right here. 14 years!

Was I not supposed to say something?
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Captain_Nibbz wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

I don't care either way. I'm just surprised the mods have not noticed this one yet.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Captain_Nibbz wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

I don't care either way. I'm just surprised the mods have not noticed this one yet.

Greetings and Salutations. This is the PF Forum. I don't think the mods swing by here often, unless someone reports something.

If they do stop by here more often, I don't think they care as much about the necro. This isn't the first, and they usually don't get shut down here (unlike on the Rifts forum). Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Library Ogre

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Unfortunately I cannot find that issue available for sale anywhere. Well, except Drive-Thru RPG, but I was looking for a physical copy.

I think I'm out of copies... it's been a few years.

All Palladium Articles
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mark Hall wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

I think I'm out of copies... it's been a few years.
No worries.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”