Skill progression / monitoring

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I think that's just a little too much for the GM to keep track. The GM has enough to watch as it is. I just figure they find some way to keep their skills up.

-Vek
"K.I.S.S."
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

the only way around this problem I could find related to trying to allow Multiple OCCs. here is what I thought,
Skill Progression is based on what the PC has been doing for the last level and the activities do not manifest till they level up, Easy enough. I did not like that PB gave a uniform increase to all skills, I prefer a Player to have better controll of PC development so I thought skill leveling could be purchased.
At each level the PC gets a number of skill selection points based on OCC and other factors. these points can be used to buy a new skill or level up any existing skill, to a maximum of 3 levels above current character level. So if a Player does not care for a skill they can neglect it in favour of some thing else. they are spending points to say they are working on the skill, if they want the stuff they use all the time to be better then some thing else is going to suffer.
Munchkin Cat Minion

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”