A little help please?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

Apollyon7 wrote:Timiro has the best Navy since WE can't have Demon Black Ships.

as a matter of fact, the Western Empire HAS the Demon Ships again, though in secret, as the White Paper Treaty forbid them.

also, the best navy worldwide is that of Bizantium, closely followed by Timiro (see Adventures on the High Seas).

cheers, Vid
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, if you want to play something unusual, try a human mercenary. No one ever plays humans because other races recieve better stats. Also, no one plays a Merc because Knights, Gladiators, Palladins, etc receive better bonuses. No matter what you play, the defining factor in your character will be how you develop him or her. People who make a really involved background usually are bored quickly with their character because it doesn't follow what they wrote up. Also, the success of the character will be a direct result of your playing. Even the most tricked out PC will die if played poorly.

-Vek
"The most common race is least played."
Xynar
Wanderer

Unread post by Xynar »

Apollyon7 wrote:I thought Biz had one of the best ships, but the size of their navy isn't as big as Timiro? and I know WE is making them in secret, but for sake of argument of ships that are out at sea, they don't have them.

Not only do they have better ships (namely the stone ships) but are better sailors since they depend on sea traffic for goods. Timiro doesn't have to travel as far to trade with other kingdoms/countries as Bizantium. I know they have a larger fleet but they consist of alot of smaller trading vessels. Timiro I believe has the largest combat ready fleet.
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

Apollyon7 wrote:I thought Biz had one of the best ships, but the size of their navy isn't as big as Timiro? and I know WE is making them in secret, but for sake of argument of ships that are out at sea, they don't have them.

according to AotHS Biz has the better ships and closely the best navy, Timiro is top 2 because they have the masses, beating the WE and ET.

the Black Demon Ships are mentioned in various sourcebooks as being out at sea.

cheers, Vid
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

Try the Dard Priest...always a joy at a picnic... :)
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

6armdemon wrote:Dard Priest...
:shock: :?

Anyway, as far as "interesting races" i've only ever played humans, so i don't really know. My longest running character was a Vagabond turned Shaman (who gave up Shamanism later on when a teammate became a priest and eventually converted him). And cunning, ingenuity, LUCK, and a little rule bending were definitely required to keep him alive (at low levels anyway).

No wait! I played a kankoran for about an hour and a half, but he sucked.

I've always thought a Quillback could be fun (though limited).

I'd say most of the OCCs require more brains than brawn...Especially the Optional OCCs, and the less combat oriented in every category (Druid, Psi-healer, diabolist etc)
UR Leader Hobbes
Adventurer

Unread post by UR Leader Hobbes »

Try playing an orc or goblin... Seriously.. How many have you killed just beacuse some GM or DM needed a band of road bandits?

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”