A god's personal agenda

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

EVERYONE, up to and including other alien intelligences, want to thwart the Old Ones. The Old Ones would destroy them all, too, if they had the chance. So you're free to take your pick.

Maybe use a dragon-god? They certainly wouldn't have any qualms about killing people. Ah heck, IMO there isn't a god out there that is above ordering an enemy slain. They tend to look at a bigger picture.
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I am with the other guys. I feel like any god would be willing to try that. However, I wonder which god would be so silly as to have the priest just influence the King to thwart the Minotaur's plan. Just whack the Minotaur, or have the priest do it. IF you can have control of the King, why spend energy trying to thwart some Minotaur. It seems the King could just issue an arrest warrant or writ and there goes the militia to take out the Minotaur. If I were the deity, I'd have that priest use the King's influence to create a religious state that worships me.

On a side note, that PC had better do a lot of surveillance and preparation to take out this King. Don't let him just walk up and stab the guy.

-Vek
"Assassination should take some time."
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

How about a priest of whassis name? You know, the "good" Vampire Intelligence god... :D
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I agree with JEster. IT just seems odd that there would be a palace that would be on a cliff face, with secret passages all over, and they are not guarded. I work in protection and even a novice wouldn't leave a passage in or out unguarded. There'd be wards, guards posted, perhaps magical beings, etc. It should be very difficult to even enter the palace. Also, someone's going to notice that cat eventually.

How about the character has to kill the priest? The priest could be trying to convice the King that the witch is a huge problem and the King needs to act against the witch. Have the priest be evil, say a priest of Set or something. For a twist, the character might receive assistance from a rival sect, perhaps a priest of Isis or Ra. However, the good priest will also want the Witch dead and will find out about the character's affilitations. They will then try to force him to take out the witch or they will use him in their own plans.

-Vek
"Never be involved with the clergy."

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”