such a shame

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

I have many of the 1st ed PF and some of the 2nd ed, most of the rifts books put out up till 1992.

having not played PB since I still find them usefull because they have good IP and a contrasting approach to game mechanics, which is one of my pet enjoyments. it is a shame to not use them directly but I would never be rid of them just the same.
and because PB was my 1st RPG I bought my self and GMed. Oh nostalga.
Munchkin Cat Minion
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I hate Rifts. I play from time to time and it always starts out fine, then deteriorates into power gaming. Yuck. If you feel you are wasting those books, feel free to mail them to me. I can always use another set.

-Vek
"PM me for my address."
GhostKnight
Adventurer

Unread post by GhostKnight »

I may be a bit worse. I buy all of Palladium's books but haven't played for 12 years. Just no time.
Rpgpunk
Explorer

Unread post by Rpgpunk »

Mad Dogg wrote:you put the watcher of the deep in PF? that's sick man!!!...but funny =)

Watcher of the Deep??

Care to explain? :demon:
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..Vek, you're just the Rifts Player I've been looking for. I keep harping on how it's an awesome setting for playing the role, but like you said, it always degenerates to rolling the play.

..I have just about everything Palladium has printed save the Robotech series, but I'm the only one who does, so I always end up the GM. I do run PF and Rifts about equally, have run Heroes a couple of times, have run Ninjas & Superspies and TMNT exactly once each, and the variations on Heroes and Rifts (Aliens and Phase World) several times.

..Thank the gods for online play by post. I've finally got to experience the other side of the screen. Right now I have an Air Warlock in a Rifts game. The GM goes overboard with the enemies, so I'm usually put in a coma in the first round, but I've just been role playing the struggle to avoid going into the light.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, Mike, I think that Robotech is the game for you, then. It has the MDC, mecha, lasers, missiles, etc of Rifts. However, it's much more compact and concise. There are only a handful of handheld weapons that can do MDC. IF you're out of your mecha, you're shooting SDC weapons at SDC targets. The MDC items are giant and are not meant to fit into a house or hallway. Plus, it is essentially a military background so there is much less free lancing. You go on a mission, and everyone has the same mecha. There is no competing for items/gold/credit so the players are much more likely to work together.

Unfortunately, Rifts is such an attractive product with its imaginative background and ideas. I just feel like they went too far and the disparity between the most populous races and their predators is too great. How are the humans supposed to exist against opponents who have MDC while they have SDC? Humans are like plankton in Rifts. I digress.

-Vek
"Looking forward to the 24th."

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”