Armor Restrictions

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Men at Arms are also more accustomed to it, so they suffer less from the weight and discomfort - where the mage wearing plate in a jungle would pass-out in a matter of minutes, the palladin would last longer, and be able to tollerate the heat longer before passing out from heat stroke.

Additionally, the weight of the armour would not bother them, as the additional mass would be tollerable...same reason a soldier can carry a 40-50 kilo pack of gear all day at a quick march where a University student would collapse after only a few K of walking.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

The major advantage to half suits of chain is fewer things go through chain than leather. That, plus some people feel more secure with a chain shirt hidden under his outer clothes. (A half suit of chain can be considered an actual shirt - think about a short sleeved shirt, it hangs from the shoulders to just below the hips and covers the upper third of the arms.) All the "worry" areas from chest to abdomen to groin to inner thigh are protected from knives while looking like you are unarmoured.

THAT is why people tend to wear "half suits" of armour. The exception, naturally, is half plate... Only horse(wo)men wear full plate, because it is too heavy/hot to travel by foot. The ONLY time you would find any self respecting infantry soldier wearing a full "boiler" suit would be in a set piece battle where a) travel was not an option, and b) where extreme heat and/or direct (summer) sunlight was not an over-riding concern.

For your second question, pick-up the Arms and Armour book(s). They will give not only descriptions, but diagrams as well.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, Glork, he's saying to pick up the PAlladium Compendium of Weapons and Armor. It's a book they put out.

-Vek
"Buy more Palladium books!"

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”