"Boat Loads of PF"

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Apollyon7 wrote:eegads you're right! bastards. well the question still stands. is the only way to get WE and D&G from Palladium is from another print?

Noble Knight Games has copies of both of them.

Palladium Fantasy

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Rpgpunk
Explorer

Unread post by Rpgpunk »

E-bay is also a great place to find Palladium books.
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

Freefall wrote:Adventures in the Northern Wilderness is 1st edition. However, if you get Wolfen Empire you'll be missing out on Ceratus Dominus adventure, which is really awesome. I think that Wolfen Empire omits a couple other adventures too, but I'm not sure which ones.

if you buy Wolfen Empire you get the 2nd ed update on some of the info in Northern Wilderness 1 and 2 as well as a few new bits and pieces like the 101 adventures.

the Old Northern Wilderness has 3 (!) more adventures that are now missing, namely To serve the Pixie Crown, Avaxa's Gate and The Forest of Broken Wings (aka Ceratus Dominus).

"further" Adventures has the missing The Lair of the Ice Demons, A bad place to die and The Kidnapping of Kith.

in my opinion its a shame, close to a rip-off, that Palladium Books didnt do a book with all the info from the two old books as promised!

now you need all three books....

cheers, V
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Vidynn wrote:in my opinion its a shame, close to a rip-off, that Palladium Books didnt do a book with all the info from the two old books as promised!

Well, while I am likewise incredibly disapointed that Forest of Broken Wings wasn't updated to 2E (our GM had to manual convert it, ouch!), I believe it wasn't a voluntary exemption on the part of PB, but rather a necessity because of disputes with authors and trouble with copyright. Ceratus Dominus was written by somebody for a BTS book that never came out because, I've heard, of arguments of this nature.

As for the other adventures in the first Northern Wilderness book, I was disgusted with how they assumed the player was human, or a humain ally. I'm no stinking squishy, and by god my Wolfen heart was done good to see that silver mine in operation! Stupid faeries got a whooping that time, not the Wolfen. Ah well, I digress. I've got every standard PF book there is with the exception of First Edition Old Ones, and will eagerly buy any more Wolfen/Northern material I can get my claws on. Wolfen Wars baby, woot!

Long Live the Wolfen Empire.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

J. Lionheart wrote:Well, while I am likewise incredibly disapointed that Forest of Broken Wings wasn't updated to 2E (our GM had to manual convert it, ouch!), I believe it wasn't a voluntary exemption on the part of PB, but rather a necessity because of disputes with authors and trouble with copyright. Ceratus Dominus was written by somebody for a BTS book that never came out because, I've heard, of arguments of this nature.

that, at least, was the status quo before the press release that said, that all the material from the two books will be combined into one, updated super-northern-wilderness-book!

I still have a grudge against PB because of this.

the story goes like this: some years ago I asked PB wether they would update the two northern books for second edition and maybe combine them. the answer was "no", for copyright reasons. so I went and bought both books.

then they said, they would do what they at first said they would not. okay, I thought, maybe I could sell the two old books then and get at last what I wanted right from the start.

when it finally came out it, Wolfen Empire was a disappointment. too many reprints for a new book and too many omissions for a combined package. thats not meat nor fish, as we in the east say (the east of our world, before you ready your sword and claws!).

cheers, V
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
Cranus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cranus »

What are the three PF articles in Rifter 26? I know one of them continues the minicampaign from Rifter 25.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Freefall wrote:The first one is about transmutation magic (or something like that) which is basically a new OCC man of magic type deal that focuses on being able to animate and manipulate inanimate objects.

Construct Animation magic that one is. It's probably best suited to people who like the challenge of summoners or diabolists, with preparation being of key importance. Hope you all like it :-)
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”