Another Revision?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

the revised edition lost some info to the dragons and gods book and the Mt Nimro books, but it gained more history and other flavour.

I also think PB preferes to use the Monsters and animals as a megaveral animal index, as well as having numerous playable/NPCable monsters.
Last edited by Adam of the Old Kingdom on Wed May 05, 2004 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Munchkin Cat Minion
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..Absolutely not. It's awesome the way it is. What would be the point of putting back stuff that's already in a cheaper book? So we can go buy another copy of the main book and spend more money for what we already have?

..It's fine the way it is.

..However, I will step up for the first time and agree that there needs to be a revision of the Rifts main book. But probably not in any of the ways you and other proponents of this notion are thinking. But PF is good as gold as it is.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chuck Lang »

MADMANMIKE wrote:But PF is good as gold as it is.

-Mike >8]

Good to see that you are consistent Mike. ;) (no sarcasm intended and, sorry, this is a carry over from another thread).
Rpgpunk
Explorer

Unread post by Rpgpunk »

I agree with Mike, but I'd like to see a GM guide though.
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

Why? It's not like rifts where stuff you can call core is distributed over 30 books.
A "Game, Master Guide" would not be worth the trouble as most of the info you need is still only in the main book.
The same for a "Game Masters Guide"
Munchkin Cat Minion
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I'd much rather see the source books come out. I'd much rather see the LAnd of the Damned 3, Old Kingdoms, Wolfen Wars, need I go on?

-Vek
"A GM's guide might be nice."
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

Adam of the Old Kingdom wrote:Why? It's not like rifts where stuff you can call core is distributed over 30 books.

yeah but its distributed over 10 or so books...I mean, stuff like the OCCs in Old Ones, High Seas, some of the skills (in ET for instance) can be called core...I would like to see a revised and cleaned up version of the rules (there are many, many mistakes in the PF 2nd ed book) but even more Id love to see LoD3, WW, OK and (the un-announced) Land of South Winds. PF 2nd ed is a mess in parts - face it!

cheers, V
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
LunarYoma
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by LunarYoma »

Id rather see the other books come out(like land of the damned 3) that another revision the of palladium fantasy(when it dont need it).
Lunaryoma
Omote
Explorer
Comment: To the extreme!

Unread post by Omote »

Another edition, no not at all. However I would like to see new print runs of the game correct the typos and add some of the missed text. That would be a big help.

................................Omote
"My god is weird. My god is strange. My god taints a pretty picture." - KT
VAY VICTUS!
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Let's get Land of the Da***: Book 3, Mysteries of Magic, Magic and
Monsters, Wolfen Wars, Both Old Kingdom Mountains, Phi & Lopan,
Land of the South Winds, 2nd Edition Yin Sloth, and then maybe
we do a 3rd Edition PFRPG or a GM's guide. This list above should take about 12 years or so, 15 if they get behind. :-( As for updates, there
isn't to much to update. The core book pretty much keeps everything
intact. Not many new skills to add (except for the new improve 2nd Yin Sloth skills from the Rifter) and specific occ are located in the approriate
region, so you could do adventures without using them. However, if they wanted to save time, they could do a quick geography book (90 pages or so) to provide us a little bit more information about the world in general. That would satisfy my appetite while I wait one or two decades for other world books.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

I agree with the group of people saying "no way" to a third edition. If you have trouble figuring out where different O.C.C.'s or skills are, type up a quick index with book and page references, nothing more is needed. I like having each book presenting regional O.C.C.s, local skills, and history that others don't have. Beasts are presented where they belong, and the books Monsters and Animals and Dragons and Gods provide wonderful material.

If they were to print another copy of second edition to correct things like typoes or contradictions, so be it, but a third edition or major content revisions? Goodness no.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”