Clothes Make the Man

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kraynic
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Clothes Make the Man

Unread post by Kraynic »

I don't know if it made it to 2E, but in the 1E version of Book III: The High Seas (pg 41), there is a Cloak of Guises. It can change into a complete set of clothing at will. The limitations are that the clothing will be made of the same sort of material as the cloak, and has to be shades of the same color as the cloak. The description doesn't seem to limit it to any particular set of clothing, so it can be set each time when activated. Since it specifically mentions several pieces of clothing from socks to coats as part of what can get generated as part of the suit, I would think you can work with multiple weights of the fabric type, but it isn't specified and will be a GM call. You might want more than one due to the material/color limitation.

There is also a Suit of Colors that doesn't change shape, but the colors can be changed at will (no limitation on the colors).

Maybe a combination of those would be useful.
Goblin-Jack
Explorer

Unread post by Goblin-Jack »

Kraynic wrote:I don't know if it made it to 2E, but in the 1E version of Book III: The High Seas (pg 41), there is a Cloak of Guises. It can change into a complete set of clothing at will. The limitations are that the clothing will be made of the same sort of material as the cloak, and has to be shades of the same color as the cloak. The description doesn't seem to limit it to any particular set of clothing, so it can be set each time when activated. Since it specifically mentions several pieces of clothing from socks to coats as part of what can get generated as part of the suit, I would think you can work with multiple weights of the fabric type, but it isn't specified and will be a GM call. You might want more than one due to the material/color limitation.

There is also a Suit of Colors that doesn't change shape, but the colors can be changed at will (no limitation on the colors).

Maybe a combination of those would be useful.

The Cloak of Guises and Suit of Colors are in the 2E main rule book, pages 257-258.
"Wujcik rules!!!"
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Smiling_Bandit wrote:Hey folks, just another question that popped into my head a couple days ago.

Let's say I was a changeling and I wanted a way to change my garments from one outfit to another. ....

There is the instant wardrobe super ability in PU1.

There is the create clothing spell in one of the rifters.

†he I wrote up this super ability ages ago.....
Create FC clothing: 45+5...a failed roll means the clothing dose not look the way the hero wants it to. having a full length mirror available while making/changing the clothing adds 30% to the skill roll, and the fashion skill adds 10%
range: self
duration; constant
SDC-- PE x Level=SDC
Armor AR: Natural AR 4
SDc recovery-- renews sdc while sleeps a full nights sleep (a full 8 hours of sleep, if only gets 6 hours then only 1/2 the damaged sdc gets recovered)
Limitations: It takes up one attack & -2 init to maintain the armor, but no penalties to maintain clothing.
Note: in rifts the SDC is converted to MDC

There are other spells in the fan invented spell topic that let a character change their outfit.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Personally, I will also let Changelings appear to be wearing clothing, if they want; it's usually easiest with leather, but they can change their shape to look like clothes (though they usually like to get into real clothes, which are harder to spot).
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

In a HU space campaign you could have holographic body suits available.
Like the one used in Macross Frontier for Sheryl Nome's concert quick costume changes.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”