My Question Regarding Labassu Physical Attributes

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

temba
Newb

My Question Regarding Labassu Physical Attributes

Unread post by temba »

My question is about the labassu’s physical attributes. It says in dimension book 10 that they can hurt people in the physical realm as long as they are tangible. It also states their p.p.e is 4D6 + P.E number. However, their stats, list P.S N/A, P.P N/A, and P.E N/A. I checked palladium fantasy second edition and it says pretty much the same. I couldn’t find labassu in dark conversions. Is there something I’m missing on how to calculate P.P.E and physical damage while their tabgible?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: My Question Regarding Labassu Physical Attributes

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

One Thing.....Read the Descriptive Text for the monster. Your answer is there.

SideNote: I was reading the PF2 core book listing for the monster.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

They possess people so the physical attributes are that of the host body.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

temba wrote:My question is about the labassu’s physical attributes. It says in dimension book 10 that they can hurt people in the physical realm as long as they are tangible. It also states their p.p.e is 4D6 + P.E number. However, their stats, list P.S N/A, P.P N/A, and P.E N/A. I checked palladium fantasy second edition and it says pretty much the same. I couldn’t find labassu in dark conversions. Is there something I’m missing on how to calculate P.P.E and physical damage while their tabgible?

Hello temba and welcome to the boards!
My personal opinion on the P.P.E. question is that the +P.E. is probably just a mistake. It is common to include P.E. in a P.P.E. calculation and it may be that the author just left it in without realising that the labassu doesn't have a P.E. As the labassu doesn't actually use its P.P.E. for anything, I wouldn't worry too much about it and leave it at the base 4D6.
Physical damage while in partly tangible form is on page 55 of Rifts Dimension Book 10, under "mega-damage" - it looks like their only available mode of attack is a bite, doing 2D6 mega-damage.
Note that the going half-solid ability is not present in the Palladium Fantasy version of this creature.
Hope that helps.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Soldier of Od wrote:My personal opinion on the P.P.E. question is that the +P.E. is probably just a mistake.

I agree with this.

Soldier of Od wrote:It is common to include P.E. in a P.P.E. calculation and it may be that the author just left it in without realising that the labassu doesn't have a P.E.

P.E. is typically used in figuring out a Magic user's PPE. Normal people (non-magic users) don't get their PE score added to their PPE amount.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”